MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ronilse
Hi again Paul

As per my earlier request to add Emergency Numbers to the ROM data base on the future r9, I have located a list of all the known emergency numbers of countries around the world, to make it easier for you...

I have no idea about the file format on the ROM itself, but assuming (and hoping) it's like a text file, you can "copy & paste" the list below...

This should be helpful for all members of MoDaCo in case they are in emergency situation...

Thanks

0,1,2,3,11,14,15,16,17,18,19,22,33,92,93,94,100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,

10,111,112,113,114,115,116,117,118,119,120,122,123,124,125,127,128,129,131,132,1

3,140,155,158,166,171,175,180,190,191,192,193,197,198,199,211,311,318,511,901,90

,903,911,912,913,990,991,993,994,995,997,998,999,1669,9170,9999,10111,10111,1017

Hi,

Seems there a missing 1 in 110 (the one before 111).

Regards

Roy

Guest David_P

Hello Paul,

Are you able to do for the HTC Tip Calculator Widget, what you did for the "flashlight", and set it to use a pound sign £ instead of a dollar sign $ when locale is set to UK?

David

Hello Paul,

Are you able to do for the HTC Tip Calculator Widget, what you did for the "flashlight", and set it to use a pound sign £ instead of a dollar sign $ when locale is set to UK?

David

Challenge... accepted.

Unfortunately while HTC are using the locale info for one $ sign, they've hardcoded 2 others in the code. I'll fix it, but it'll have to wait for r9. :D

P

tipcalculator.png

Guest lamdin
Hi,

Seems there a missing 1 in 110 (the one before 111).

Regards

Roy

Sorry about that...

My own C&P between the web -> excel -> text might have caused that...

I am sure that Paul, with his common sense, will locate the number or two that went wrong... :D

Guest tommo123

Paul

any chance of being able to choose whether something goes to data/system partition in the kitchen?

and maybe a mobile version of the kitchen? was a nightmare last night getting all the right options on my desire to update to this rom :D

Guest dodolom

@ Paul,

I mentioned this before but I got one reply from someone saying that it is working fine on their end. It's about Flash not working properly on my phone. I wiped, flashed with the latest rom,etc...no luck. I always get this video can not be played. This happens on videos that are posted on facebook. I tried going through the facebook app,stock browser,skyfire browswer and the dolphin hd and the result is always the same.

So, basically what is the best way to test to see if flash is working on my phone or not. Maybe it is just those videos that for some reason won't work. I just want to know what is the problem on my end, if there is any.

thnx

Paul

any chance of being able to choose whether something goes to data/system partition in the kitchen?

and maybe a mobile version of the kitchen? was a nightmare last night getting all the right options on my desire to update to this rom :D

Yes and yes. :D

P

Guest dodolom
Does YouTube work on your phone browser OK? Did you wipe BEFORE installing and not after?

P

when I go to m.youtube.com , it works just fine,

and yes I did wipe BEFORE installing, NOT AFTER.

Thnx

Guest Sally Mack
Is the facebook for HTC sync option not available any more? I don't see it in the kitchen settings, and its not available in the Add account list.

The official facebook app seems to have stopped syncing altogether for me.

Any update on this? Thinking of taking the plunge and baking, but without this, I might have to just stick with stock :D

Guest Alfa156v
Just clear HTC Sense's data at applications. You'll use your screen settings, but the widgets will work.

Done but without success, when i use 2.2 launcher i can't choose a lot of wigets to use.

Only with the htc sense launcher everything works, but how can i use all the futures with 2.2 launcher?

Guest professordes
the Orange network is down apparently...

That explains it.......

I probably could have avoided a wipe :D

I am still have issues with HTC widgets tho'

Guest bdormael
Challenge... accepted.

Unfortunately while HTC are using the locale info for one $ sign, they've hardcoded 2 others in the code. I'll fix it, but it'll have to wait for r9. :D

P

tipcalculator.png

And € (EURO) symbol please for those in Europe

Guest kayceejayh
Done but without success, when i use 2.2 launcher i can't choose a lot of wigets to use.

Only with the htc sense launcher everything works, but how can i use all the futures with 2.2 launcher?

The Stock Launcher doesn't use HTC's framework, so therefore none of the HTC widgets will work.

Guest David_P
Challenge... accepted.

P

tipcalculator.png

You're a Gentleman and a scholar Paul :-D

Hi again, Paul.

I`m successfully installed new ROM, all works fine but browser - not! When I`m trying to open some video (in site's flash player) - it crashes! When I'm trying to load mobile-review.com (this is not advert) - it crashes!

Also I'm installed Dolpin HD - it crashes too.

What's wrong?

Hello Paul,

David

Isn't a tip 10% standard? So £30 is equal to £3? Not sure what the benefit of the widget is?

I did ask this earlier but nobody responded. I wiped and upgraded to this from R5. All is working well except the photos of people from Facebook in the people app are not displaying even though the links to Facebook are still present.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I still have things backed up from R5 with Titanium, do I need to restore something or reset something somewhere?

Thanks

Guest Bisonator

Trying again...

No one else getting the mount sd card read-only problem I mentioned in post 2477 (Page 124) then?

...or has this all been covered before and I just missed reading about it?

Any feedback would be much appreciated folks. Surely I'm not the only one suffering from this? :D

Cheers

Guest lamdin
Isn't a tip 10% standard? So £30 is equal to £3? Not sure what the benefit of the widget is?

£30 ?? My friend, you should visit better restaurants... :D

*lol*

Guest dodolom

you guys are lucky over on the other side of the pond. We here in the US are expected to pay about %20. It's a bit too much I think.