MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Mh,

ive bought it via amzon and afair its not original by HTC :-/

Im gona check the power output of the adapter.

brb -.-

Great.. but don't forget to look at your battery information while connected in the car. If you see "Charging (USB)" it's not enough to charge your phone while navigating.

If that's the case you have to do the modification as stated in my post over at xda. It should read "Charging (AC)".

Edited by Nicke

Guest BendIt2.0
Great.. but don't forget to look at your battery information while connected in the car. If you see "Charging (USB)" it's not enough to charge your phone while navigating.

If that's the case you have to do the modification as stated in my post over at xda. It should read "Charging (AC)".

Argh,

the adapter seems to be crap :-/ there are no technical information about the power output or what kind of fuse is in use ON the adpater. the description @ amazon is also useless.

i think it states "Charging (AC)" but im not sure. But i will check that asap to be absolutely sure about that.

but with my custom eclair rom and copilot as navi app i never had that problem. and ive used it for a long distance ride (about 700km) without such behavior

so maybe its a mix of both, software and hardware?

and that custom eclair rom had a UVOC Kernel with underclocking settings. maybe thats the reson why i didnt encounter that isue that time?

thx 4 your replies :D

kind regards,

BendIt

and that custom eclair rom had a UVOC Kernel with underclocking settings. maybe thats the reson why i didnt encounter that isue that time?

That's probably the cause yes.

Look for USB or AC, then you'll know for sure. It could of course be something different but i think you should start there. :D

Guest The_Daywalker

I flashed r7 without any issues but have recently flashed using r8 rc1 and now I can't get my mobile data network to connect. I went back to r7 and it worked again so tried r8 rc1 one more time but still not working. Is there anything I can try please?

I just deleted cache and user data and now working!! :D

Edited by The_Daywalker

Guest BendIt2.0

Look for USB or AC, then you'll know for sure. It could of course be something different but i think you should start there. :D

ok, thank you for your help :D

I will look at that tomorow.

But an UVOC Kernel for Froyo would be nice... is it possible to install such a kernel to the r8 rom? is it as simple as it is with debian/ubuntu?

Or is there a guide how to bake my own rom? completley?

i believe its not as easy as baking a custom linux kernel more like building linux from scratch, isnt it?

thx again and have a nice weekend ;)

BendIt

Guest irishandrew

Cheers Paul,

Running a clean bake of R8 and getting great battery life. A couple of weeks ago I couldn't make it through a work day - the last few days it's been going from 6.30am to 20h00 without issue - Mobile data always on, auto brightness, even live wallpaper today and got home with 25% left (after bluetooth and a few calls on way home, plenty of short calls throughout the day and a bit of internet). Your tweaks coupled to the new radio have done wonders! :D

-a

Guest LeszekSwirski
That doesn't make sense. All the /system dex files are moved to /cache after the first boot. So there should be NO difference after that first boot.

P

As far as I can tell from cachedalvikcache, only the system@framework files are moved to cache, not system@app.

Guest Dick Johnson

Where i can read about difference between modified and unmodified version of HTC IME amd maps? I don't know which one iwant to install.

Edited by Dick Johnson

Guest Noonski
what is smooth sense?

Battery modification.

It looks like the regular Sense Battery, but there's more frames to it when charging, syncing.

And you see the battery% inside the battery.

Paul

any chance of being able to choose whether something goes to data/system partition in the kitchen?

and maybe a mobile version of the kitchen? was a nightmare last night getting all the right options on my desire to update to this rom :D

Spoiled Brat, back when we where young we could not bake a rom on the device we wanted to bake a rom for :D

Yes and yes. :D

P

And this guy just keeps spoiling us.

This is not going to help me.

Being able to cook on the Go.

Hello, something very annoying is happening to me; weather doesn't get my real location in r8 (neither it didn't do it in r4, r5...); in google, it says "your current location is..." and it is (so it works), but weather always shows the location when I flashed the rom; I have wiped, rewiped, etc... and always the same; I have done the same in my wife's phone and it works well, but mine doesn't.

What can I do??

Thanks in advance.

Swap phone with the wife ;)

I think i read something related with GPS fixes.

Check for GPS Status in the market, run it get fix, then try getting Auto Weather location again.

(Just thinking out loud)

In the accounts & sync menu if I push add account: facebook..nothing happens.

This has been in many R releases for a while, so I'm not sure this is ROM related.

An update re: odexing, i've been playing with adding odex to the kitchen, and i'm not going to do it for r8 for two reasons.

- It makes /system a lot bigger and causes problems with ROMs not fitting

- With my cachedalvikcache solution (which is in all bakes) it saves no space on data.

The only benefit is a faster first boot which, imho, is not enough to overcome the negative points.

P

Thanks for the clear and simple explanation and the trying.

As I rarely need to reboot in a normal use situation anyway because i haven't had my phone reset randomly in a long time.

(flashing almost daily is still not counted as regular)

Edited by Noonski

Guest Shizophren
Is there a bug for market error. Cant get to market to load today. A server reror has occurred it said.

For me too. Yesterday everythings works fine. Today i have no access to the market due to server errors.

I've run the MCR Market Script, but this doesn't solve the problems.

So is this now a google or modaco problem?

Guest mitchk

Hi - could somebody tell me what directory the HTC_IME Mod keyboard is ?

I keep deleting it from the system/apps directory and overwriting it with a coloured version, but when I reboot the original is back again ?

many thanks

Guest s3lentium
For me too. Yesterday everythings works fine. Today i have no access to the market due to server errors.

I've run the MCR Market Script, but this doesn't solve the problems.

So is this now a google or modaco problem?

google problem .

Guest ArjenS
Ah ok. Its working now. Also. Smooth Sense, can anyone confirmed working for r8 RC1? IF so how do i install it? Thanks

Not for me, the APN list was gone after flashing.

Guest Noonski

I think SuperUser is baked in twice.

I had both the com.something.su.something & Superuser.apk in system apps.

(i had already deleted so don't have the correct naming scheme)

Edited by Noonski

Guest David_P

Admittedly I baked RC1 a couple of days ago now, but looking in the zip, I cannot see Superuser.apk, only com.noshufou.android.su.apk in system/app

David

Guest woti17
Admittedly I baked RC1 a couple of days ago now, but looking in the zip, I cannot see Superuser.apk, only com.noshufou.android.su.apk in system/app

David

com.noshufou.android.su.apk has the zipped su_2.3_bin_cd and su_2.3_bin_ef (2.1. and 2.2 android?) inside,

which gets extracted i think to /system/xbin/su

and /system/bin/su is a symlink to /system/xbin/su

(at least this is what i learn from opening com.noshufou.android.su.apk in an archivmanager)

(bold = edited)

Edited by woti17

Guest woti17

so you have a good chance to quickly have deleted the newer version and kept an old?

Guest Noonski
so you have a good chance to quickly have deleted the newer version and kept an old?

Hmm which is which?

com.noshufou.android.su.apk or Superuser.apk

I can only see a smaller file size and a 15 hours difference.

The Superuser.apk is newer and smaller.

But i don't think Paul meant to have both in.

(Just rebaked to check)

Edited by Noonski

Guest BendIt2.0

Ive checked that again, a few minutes ago and it says "Charging (AC)"...

That means that the Car Adapter just has enough power output doesnt it?

If so, does someone know how to get an UVOC Kernel running for that rom??? SetCpu is only needed if u want to change the govenor settings during runtime, afaik.

But that also means, that its possible to set a "custom" govenor by default, without the possibility of changing it during runtime...

It would be great if someone could give me a hint, where to find such kernel and/or what settings are required to get such a kernel up and running (stable!)!

Thx in advance

Rergards,

BendIt