MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Just baked this last night! had a problem at first cuz i restored all apps and systems data as i'm coming from Vanilla UI. flashed it again and i'm loving it so much!

THanks Paul!

thanks for the link, just installed it and it's worked perfectly ;) I certainly have missed the EspressoMod since it became incompatible with one of the ROMs (I think after the releases were based off the official HTC Froyo) and it's great to have it back.

I'll also give a +1 to have this as an addition to Paul's kitchen releases, I think the EspressoMod really adds another layer of 'niceness' to Sense, 'tis great!

Oh this looks good!

Another +1 from the dane :huh:

Guest sinkingfish
scratch that, problem still there :huh:

in work with no signal. never had this problem on the phone before ;)

I wonder are you experiencing the dreaded droped signal bug? Google have been aware of it for over a year now and it still hasn't been fixed !

See :

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/de...Summary%20Stars

http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=359

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=749448

The problem appears to be network specific unfortunately.

Before you lost signal had your been wirelessly tethering your device ? That seems to be a catalyst for me.

@Paul, did you see my post further back regarding the graphical bug in the vanilla unlock screen in r8?

Edited by sinkingfish

Guest jimmymagix

@Paul

Did you manage to figure out what was causing the stock browser crashes when trying to play videos on the BBC news website? I still have the issue with every video, however if I turn javascript off and then load the page, then turn it back on again and refresh, it plays without issue.

Apart from that, terrific ROM!

Guest tommo123
I wonder are you experiencing the dreaded droped signal bug? Google have been aware of it for over a year now and it still hasn't been fixed !

See :

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/de...Summary%20Stars

http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=359

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=749448

The problem appears to be network specific unfortunately.

Before you lost signal had your been wirelessly tethering your device ? That seems to be a catalyst for me.

@Paul, did you see my post further back regarding the graphical bug in the vanilla unlock screen in r8?

never used tethering mate

i'm on t-mob but never had this prob till this rom. same radio as other roms though??

i noticed it on a train ride where i'd get a ping every now and then when i lost signal (without going through tunnels) and it happened a lot. i remember that since it was really, really annoying me listening to music. then noticed yest in work that it lost signal then connected with a decent signal.

no idea whats going on with it tbh

EDIT

maybe before this, i was using neos roms which iirc were based on the pre release version? could this bug be fixed there but somehow re-introduced with the final?

Edited by tommo123

Guest lardog

Help Please...

First time poster.. Just baked a new rom and installed with rom manager. I had the r5 on before that with no probs but wanted A2SD+ and upgrade from the 2g sd to a 16g sd class 6. Anyway, now the people app force closes. I get "The application People(process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly, please try again." any time I go to the app. Please help, I need to be able to add contacts.

Help Please...

First time poster.. Just baked a new rom and installed with rom manager. I had the r5 on before that with no probs but wanted A2SD+ and upgrade from the 2g sd to a 16g sd class 6. Anyway, now the people app force closes. I get "The application People(process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly, please try again." any time I go to the app. Please help, I need to be able to add contacts.

Do a full wipe.

Help Please...

Try clearing data in the People app. Might save a wipe?

Guest viskas

I don't know if it's already been told, I didn't find anything "searching" the topic.

since I installed the latest firmware rc1, I can't see contacts pictures in the sms list.

does anyone have this problem?

ciao!

luca

I don't know if it's already been told, I didn't find anything "searching" the topic.

since I installed the latest firmware rc1, I can't see contacts pictures in the sms list.

ciao!

luca

Yes I had this. Cleared data in people app which then auto restored from Google. Try it but android backup first of course

Guest atconc
I have this too, seems to be something to do with syncing for me as the sync icon comes up after the acore error

I've isolated this to HTC Twitter contact integration, when I disable it I don't get the acore errors any more - I tried deleting all the HTC XML tags from the notes field in google contacts and re-linking but it didn't help, any ideas anyone?

Guest CaspaTheGhost
Hi All

Is there a way for Disable menu button unlock manully?

I prefer unlock by swipe only...

thanks.

since 2.2 the menu button unlock hasnt worked at all for me... thought it had been disabled!

thats using the generic rooted ROM as posted by Paul and also MCR R8 without actually baking in the option to have it not work!

no idea if this has been reported yet, but here it goes for the sake of reporting issues / bugs:

Did a new install (full wipe) and don't have any apps2sd of any kind. Rom booted fine, got in the setup wizard. At the end of the setup wizard, I get a force-close on blabla.htcsetupwizard and the screen stays black (as in, no launcher started?).

The notification-bar works, holding home button works to get an (empty) recent-list. But that's pretty much all. I turn the phone off by holding the power button (and choosing shut down), and turn the phone back on again. Now I get a boot loop on the boot animation. Re-wiped and re-flashed but the same effect.

Rom I baked: As close to non-sense as possible (all the stock apps, launcher2 included, no news/rss/friendstream/stocks/etc). Also: no rosie (does it has problems putting 'launcher2' as default if I remove rosie?). Wifi-n, nexus boot animation, disable boot sound.

Guest Noonski
no idea if this has been reported yet, but here it goes for the sake of reporting issues / bugs:

Did a new install (full wipe) and don't have any apps2sd of any kind. Rom booted fine, got in the setup wizard. At the end of the setup wizard, I get a force-close on blabla.htcsetupwizard and the screen stays black (as in, no launcher started?).

The notification-bar works, holding home button works to get an (empty) recent-list. But that's pretty much all. I turn the phone off by holding the power button (and choosing shut down), and turn the phone back on again. Now I get a boot loop on the boot animation. Re-wiped and re-flashed but the same effect.

Rom I baked: As close to non-sense as possible (all the stock apps, launcher2 included, no news/rss/friendstream/stocks/etc). Also: no rosie (does it has problems putting 'launcher2' as default if I remove rosie?). Wifi-n, nexus boot animation, disable boot sound.

Press the search button and enter in market, open market and install a different launcher anyway to check launcher2 is actually in there.

Or look in the zip file in system

app to see if launcher2 is there.

Guest madmanidze

ciao!

luca

same problem with sms and one more. openvpn settings dont show configs when all uploaded to /sdcard/openvpn and config saved as client1.config. but no one showed in configs list in app.

Guest CaspaTheGhost
Can someone please tell me where to download expressobar mod for this rom?

There's a link to a zip that contains it a few posts back...

Press the search button and enter in market, open market and install a different launcher anyway to check launcher2 is actually in there.

Or look in the zip file in system

app to see if launcher2 is there.

search button did nothing (needs a launcher for that).

But I rebaked one with Rosie still in it. Boots ok and goes through the setup wizard. I can clear the 'default settings' for HTC Sense then, and then I can choose between sense or launcher. Launcher2 works fine then.

Apparently we can't bake one with launcher2 included and no rosie included?

Guest woti17

is it possible to create directories in /system/sd (beneath app and app-private and dalvik-cache directory) with a uploaded zipfile in the kitchen - to use some of the unused space of the ext3 partition?

thanks

Guest billydavey

Hi Paul,

Not sure if this has been raised before but I couldn't see it when searching any of the replies.

I'm having issues with the 'Quick Settings' app not displaying the APN control?

It shows as disabled with 'No APN Configured' in the description. My network is T-Mobile and is connecting normally on the phone itself but cannot toggle it using this app with the Modaco ROM only, it works fine on other ROM's I've tried?

Any ideas?