MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Noonski

Couldn't see the launcher2 option so maybe Paul already corrected it back.

Us that need the option can propably live fine without it anyway.

Edit:

Just baked one and your right Launcher2.apk is not added in and can't find the option , or it's to early for me :huh:

Edited by Noonski

Hello Paul,

The ROM kitchen in post 2 does not appear. I did pay a while ago.

Regards, Erik

Please PM me your transaction details, as your account is not showing as AdFree / Plus activated.

P

search button did nothing (needs a launcher for that).

But I rebaked one with Rosie still in it. Boots ok and goes through the setup wizard. I can clear the 'default settings' for HTC Sense then, and then I can choose between sense or launcher. Launcher2 works fine then.

Apparently we can't bake one with launcher2 included and no rosie included?

You need to select this option...

LauncherOption.png

P

Guest wiggy6230
Excellent Rom. Thanks for the hard work.

Can I request the following boot animation in the online kitchen. I believe this is available in the Espresso mod link >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7675790.

Thanks paul!!

Hi all,

Does anyone know where or point me in the direction of the clock on the home screen of the EspressoMod?

Cheers,

Doug

is it possible to create directories in /system/sd (beneath app and app-private and dalvik-cache directory) with a uploaded zipfile in the kitchen - to use some of the unused space of the ext3 partition?

thanks

No, but if you drop into /data/app, /data/app-private or /data/dalvik-cache it will get moved on the initial A2SD initialisation.

P

since 2.2 the menu button unlock hasnt worked at all for me... thought it had been disabled!

thats using the generic rooted ROM as posted by Paul and also MCR R8 without actually baking in the option to have it not work!

This is a symptom of Trackball Wake, I need to look into it.

P

Guest FatherD
Remove the HTC Clock widget from your home screen, install this and run it. Same look but the location actually works!!!

FancyWidget.apk

I use this instead of the stock clock widget and it always gets it right

Here, here!

I have never been able to get the stock HTC Clock to show 'current location' but it works if you set a static location! Fancy widget to the rescue - works perfectly, have been using it since I bought my Desire, only thing it doesn't do is the full screen animations of the HTC one!

Guest Asselberghs

Okay I seem to have lost it, and I´ve skimmed the entire thread without result. Where does the boot screen zip reside? the bootanimation.zip in the root of the SD card dosen´t do it, theres no local folder under the data folder. And overwriting the bootanimation.zip files in bootanims diden´t do anything either. I answered a guy about the symlink, to data/local somewhere but can´t find it, and well dosen´t seem to work anyway since theres no Local folder. I´d have liked to have checked the bootanimation he had found, but no success.

Any ideas? or is it something thats coming later?

Edit: btw, creating local under data folder and placing them there directly diden´t do it either.

Edited by Asselberghs

Guest Asselberghs

Hmm I think it is mounted:S there is other stuff under the data folder (for instance something to do with titanium backup) and I have access to the data folder, theres just no local folder in it.

Guest Kiran J. Holla

Hello,

Does anyone know what it would take to make the Euro Desire compatible with the US 3G bands? Is it a software fix or a hardware issue?

Regards,

Kiran

Guest Asselberghs

Oh sorry m8, I found it, It´s apparently just a long time since I messed around with this. It´s there as always, nothing changed. (other than my memory, as a human being, apparently have been wiped heh)

Guest Hammerhand

Well, I have done all I said up and... nothing, weather still shows the location where I flashed the phone; Fancy widget works well, and beautiful widgets too, but I still would want to fix the problem; not only for the full screen animations (I love them), but because I now that something is not working well...

I would like to summon @Paul to see if he can say something :/

Edited by Hammerhand

Guest Hammerhand

ahh ok, I was reading posts not posted here and I was confused :huh:

Thanks, Paul!

What have you baked in / out?

P

Is this question for me?

Edited by Hammerhand

You need to select this option...

LauncherOption.png

P

I did. Launcher2 is included in the ROM, but if you _exclude_ Rosie it appears it's not selected as default (or the 'default' settings are still set to Rosie which isn't there).

That way _no_ launcher is started after the setup wizard and the phone is not usable.

I think you need to remove the 'default program' settings for a launcher. That way if you bake a ROM with two launchers, it asks which one to use at first boot. Also, it means that if somebody excludes one from the bake, the other one is automaticly selected :huh:.

Continuous dial tone

I have at recurrent problem since R5 - from time to time, could be days between or just half hours, I a dial tone in the background.

It keeps on after the phone is picked up by the person Im dialing - and keeps going during the phonecall and even after the phone is hung up.

The dial tone will keep on until the phone is rebooted.

I haven´t found any system in when the problem starts, running/installed programs etc.

Anyone else having this problem??

Bests

./dworm9

Dial tone? As in, and the thing you hear on a land line before you start dialling the number?

Nope - more correct call tone - as the tone you hear before the phone is picked up.

And i'ts still a issue in r8 rc1.

But I think I have narrowed it down to be somehow related to my voicemail - as it only appears after I have called or in connection to I'm calling my voicemail.

Guest RandomReptar

Firstly thanks for the very useful instructions and Roms.

As an observation this thread is rediculusly popular/ useful is it not woth pinning?

Guest gubacsek

Hi!

Do we have a working dropbear for Froyo ? The one i was using on Eclair doesn't seem to work. It just exits without any error or output.

If someone is using an ssh server on Froyo , please post some hints where i can get one!

Thanks!

Guest madmanidze
Superuser updated to 2.3.4.

I'll be uploading a few minor fixes (mostly invisible fixes to a couple of signing issues) which will become RC2.

P

Check please SMS and OpenVPN, if can.

Thank you for your ROM.