MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Alfa156v

Hi nicedroid peoples,

Maybe someone knows how can i delete stock htc phone apk?

I use alternative phone apk but on desktop (i use Htc Launcher) when i press phone button to make call i get first stock htc apk and then

i have to press right button for open my phone apk.

Thanks!

Edited by Alfa156v

Guest rdoxenham

Hi All,

Just want to request a couple of things being added to the kitchen if possible...

1) tun.ko with OpenVPN or VPNC

2) Circle Battery

Many thanks and great work as always, Paul!

All the best,

Rhys

Guest klutsh
Hi nicedroid peoples,

Maybe someone knows how can i delete stock htc phone apk?

I use alternative phone apk but on desktop (i use Htc Launcher) when i press phone button to make call i get first stock htc apk and then

i have to press right button for open my phone apk.

Thanks!

Goto app settings and remove defaults for the HTC one.

Removing it is not easy as it causes problems with contact syncing.

Guest Spellcaster Lukian
can you quickly explain what this issue is about ?

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=Se...hlite=%2Bintent

Please use search in future.

Regarding my testing of other ROMs, everything I've tried so far doesn't suit my needs (for example, one ROM couldn't update/install anything from Market OR restore my Titanium Backups, perhaps it had issues with the SD card, but it seemed to be mounted correctly). Tried: PirateRUM, SetROM and Cyanogen so far. Cyanogen seemed to benchmark as the fastest. Update: DeFrost - Quadrant Benchmark: 1682 @1113mhz & 1621 @998mhz (performance governor). Linpack: ~38k-42.625k.

tl;dr: Paul's Modaco ROM (and kitchen) is fantastic compared to most ROMs.

On second thoughts, going to use DeFrost for a while - 1) to see if it crashes, ever! (yeah MCR's crashed a couple times on me, but I multitask quite amusingly) 2) until a more 'final' release of MCR Froyo. On that note, I already miss (some features of) Sense.

Edited by Spellcaster Lukian

Guest Noonski

Just picked up some chatter on Twitter for a pending Froyo release for tomorrow. Checking up on the rumour mill.

http://www.mobilyz.com/nieuws/diversen/460...orgen-op-froyo/

Translated

http://translate.google.nl/translate?js=y&...sl=nl&tl=en

Nice a finished Source, will finish my quest of an already great Modaco Personal Bake.

Fingers Crossed for the old Rumour Jinx.

Also posted on from HTC_NL

http://twitter.com/HTC_NL

For whoever wants to hit CTRL+F5 every minute after midnight

http://www.htc.com/nl/supportdownloadlist....=sd&cat=all

Edited by Noonski

Guest gianton
Just picked up some chatter on Twitter for a pending Froyo release for tomorrow. Checking up on the rumour mill.

http://www.mobilyz.com/nieuws/diversen/460...orgen-op-froyo/

Translated

http://translate.google.nl/translate?js=y&...sl=nl&tl=en

Nice a finished Source, will finish my quest of an already great Modaco Personal Bake.

Fingers Crossed for the old Rumour Jinx.

Also posted on from HTC_NL

http://twitter.com/HTC_NL

For whoever wants to hit CTRL+F5 every minute after midnight

http://www.htc.com/nl/supportdownloadlist....=sd&cat=all

Yeah just read the same @ xda, hope Paul will release a new rom/kitchen soon! :(

Guest Pieronip
Battery life today improved a lot!

I seem still to have the "WiFi won't sleep" problem. I came to this ROM direct from R4 on which I controled battery life by manually switching WiFi off. I am still having to do so with this ROM. Will this be OK if I wipe and re-install?

Guest charlie_boy

A2SD+ not working for me. I have installed a bunch of apps, checked memory and it's gone down quite a bit. I realize /data/data is still on the phone so I went back to stock ROM and installed the same apps and the reduction in memory is the same. I used ROM manager to partition my SD card. It is possible that this is not working?

Thanks

Guest Paul..

Sorry to bring this topic up again as I know it's been asked before, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer. Been using this R6 ROM for a few days now and generally it's v good and solid. Battery life also acceptable.

I'm still having some issues with syncing multiple Gmail accounts though. The problem seems to be very random - sometimes it will sync everything automatically, on wifi or 3G. Other times some accounts are automatically syncing, whilst others are not (this morning, for example, when I fired up my laptop I had mail coming into one of my four Gmail accounts that had not arrived on the phone at all - the three other accounts had all synced overnight). Have checked all the sync options, and as I say it appears to be random in that it's not always the same account that isn't syncing.

Other things that should be syncing automatically (Twitter, Facebook etc) all seem to be doing so with no problems.

Any thoughts/ideas? Probably the only issue I'm having, but it's quite frustrating! Many thanks :-)

Guest brbbX

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer..

I have handcent SMS installed, and everytime I receive a SMS I get 2 notifications on the status bar: one with an icon similar to the one from the stock messaging app, and another one from handcent.

I would like to have only the notification from handcent.

I already unchecked the "show notification in status bar" in the "messaging" app, but it still shows there.

Does it have to do with this ROM?

Thank you

Guest Sidewindr

I have handcent SMS installed, and everytime I receive a SMS I get 2 notifications on the status bar: one with an icon similar to the one from the stock messaging app, and another one from handcent.

I already unchecked the "show notification in status bar" in the "messaging" app, but it still shows there.

Thank you

I use Handcent SMS and don't have this problem .. check all of your message notification settings is all I can suggest..

Guest theateam1979

Thank you

You need to go into "messages" press menu and go to settings and deselwct the received notifications option, hope this helps :(

Guest 2300s

I still have the problem with location in the HTC widgets not updating - is this still a general issue on r6?

"News and Weather" widget shows the current location - problem is with Clock and Weather widgets, searching for my current location comes up empty, maby the location list is not the same as for the "News and Weather" widget?

Edited by 2300s

Guest gianton
I still have the problem with location in the HTC widgets not updating - is this still a general issue on r6?

no such problem here

Guest Gozno

"News and Weather" widget shows the current location - problem is with Clock and Weather widgets, searching for my current location comes up empty, maby the location list is not the same as for the "News and Weather" widget?

I have the same problem. I worked for some time. but not now. I once solved it with clearing weather data and sync. but that doesnt seam to do it :/

Guest NoPodi
Hello,

i have a Problem with the Google-Calendar.

It is crashing if i try to show the attendees of an Entry.

Great Job Paul.

+1 Same problem here ... does anyone have a idea?

Guest ferryrich
i´ve got r3.1 running.

is a wipe necessary for r6 or just update?

thx

I went from a version older than r3.1 to r5 and didn't do a wipe, though I did need to backup my SD card, then format it (not change any partitions), then restore everything.

The ROM was fully functional, apart from reporting 0 space on the SD card, so I couldn't install from Market, save files to SD or write to it in anyway, anything already present could though be opened.

Guest GuyEli

The camera isnt working.

Found it when running the Barcode Scanner and it reported "Sorry, the Android camera encountered a problem. You may need to restart the device."

I've restarted the device - same issue.

I've tried to use the camera and no go.

Any idea?

G