MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gianton
The camera isnt working.

Found it when running the Barcode Scanner and it reported "Sorry, the Android camera encountered a problem. You may need to restart the device."

I've restarted the device - same issue.

I've tried to use the camera and no go.

Any idea?

G

have you updated your radio?

Guest GuyEli
have you updated your radio?

Yes I did.

I included it in the kitchen and baked the rom with it.

And i've verified it in the "Software Information"

BaseBand version:

32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08

G

Guest gianton
Yes I did.

I included it in the kitchen and baked the rom with it.

And i've verified it in the "Software Information"

BaseBand version:

32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08

G

Strange... just tested the barcode app and work ok here.

Guest persko

Am I the only one having problems with APN on this release. (and the same thing with the r5 release)

I get the 3G/H Symbol, and the arrows are flashing indicating data traffic, that looks OK; but I am unable

to talk with any internet service, either from the web browser, or any other installed APP.

Just to make sure, that this was not a problem with my provider, I just cleared everything, including the ext2 partition,

and installed the r3.1 release, and here everything is working OK over APN.

Per

Guest GuyEli
Strange... just tested the barcode app and work ok here.

Could it be related to the fact that i've restored all data and apps from the 2.1 instalation?

G

Guest gianton
Could it be related to the fact that i've restored all data and apps from the 2.1 instalation?

G

Yes most likely, as I did a full wipe and then installed the rom.

Guest realmausi

Hey, i have massive battary drain, i heared music about 25 mins (way to work) and do nothing more.

Unplug Today 8:30 am and now i have (12:49 am) only 60% left, with r5 no problems about 1 hour gps for running, musik, internet, some games, massiv use and my device have evenings (10 pm) 20% left

Guest brbbX
You need to go into "messages" press menu and go to settings and deselwct the received notifications option, hope this helps :(

I already did that, and the notification still shows :(

Guest gianton
Hey, i have massive battary drain, i heared music about 25 mins (way to work) and do nothing more.

Unplug Today 8:30 am and now i have (12:49 am) only 60% left, with r5 no problems about 1 hour gps for running, musik, internet, some games, massiv use and my device have evenings (10 pm) 20% left

I had this also, you should charge full your device and wipe battery stats in recovery menu.

Guest GuyEli
Yes most likely, as I did a full wipe and then installed the rom.

I did wipe and than installed the rom. but after the rom installation i did restore to apps and data with titanium...

I'll try to install a fresh copy of the rom and check the camera...

Edit:

Reinstalled the rom and it has been fixed.

Probably the full titanium restore did something wrong... :-)

Edited by GuyEli

Guest theateam1979
I already did that, and the notification still shows :(

The only other thing to try is to disable "auto retrieve" thats all i had to do on mine :(

Guest Diggedy
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer..

I have handcent SMS installed, and everytime I receive a SMS I get 2 notifications on the status bar: one with an icon similar to the one from the stock messaging app, and another one from handcent.

I would like to have only the notification from handcent.

I already unchecked the "show notification in status bar" in the "messaging" app, but it still shows there.

Does it have to do with this ROM?

Thank you

disable all notifications in the standard messaging app, not just the notification bar one.

Guest Jerry13

I'm running the R5 rom at the moment and having serious problems with reception. I've flashed the newest radio and tried a couple of the older ones but reception is still rubbish. Wondering if it would be worth it to try this rom and see if my reception improves?

Guest Noonski
The camera isnt working.

Found it when running the Barcode Scanner and it reported "Sorry, the Android camera encountered a problem. You may need to restart the device."

I've restarted the device - same issue.

I've tried to use the camera and no go.

Any idea?

G

I don't have it (needed BarCode Bank today)

Guest shotten99

Guys, I am getting force close problems with a process: android.process.acore with any Sense Froyo rom out there, r5 or r6.

It happens most frequently anytime I sync all or after Friend Stream syncs.

Other than being annoying, it doesn't appear to keep anything else from working. Has anyone elsed experienced this?

Is there anyway to clear it up? I'm unfortunately not savvy enough to find the error log, otherwise I would pull it and post it.

I've done all of the normal steps: wiped everything possible, reflashed and flashed again. Didn't restore any apps, restored apps,

ran Fix Permissions in Rom Manager...

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by shotten99

Guest MightyOne

Paul,

Delia is running out of disk space i'm afraid! I'm not able to bake a rom (r6) any more. That sh#t always happens when you're on holiday's! have fun!

grtz,

Leon

Guest FatherD
Paul,

Delia is running out of disk space i'm afraid! I'm not able to bake a rom (r6) any more. That sh#t always happens when you're on holiday's! have fun!

grtz,

Leon

Delia is lying on the floor crying out ... "give me space you heathen cooks!"

Guest pd555

I had a similar issue on my phone. I'm on the R5 and posted in the R5 thread about it. After using the music player before work the phone got very hot a few hours later when I checked it. It then locked up and needed to pull the battery to bring it back at that point there was 33% battery left (from 100%). I wonder if there is an issue with the default music player? I used Double Twist instead with no issues in fact the battery life seems better than it was on 2.1

I am hoping to upgrade to R6 after Paul's hols but would like some comments about this first

Edited by pd555

Guest OneCheekyDevil
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer..

I have handcent SMS installed, and everytime I receive a SMS I get 2 notifications on the status bar: one with an icon similar to the one from the stock messaging app, and another one from handcent.

I would like to have only the notification from handcent.

I already unchecked the "show notification in status bar" in the "messaging" app, but it still shows there.

Does it have to do with this ROM?

Thank you

I too am having the same issues.

I've disabled everything in the standard messaging app, and inside my notifications, then installed handcentSMS hoping it would become my default SMS program, but it still doubles up on my notifications.

I'm glad i'm not the only one experiencing this, and hope there'll be an answer to our problem soon :(

Guest vfrvulcan

I originally posted this in the thread mentioned in post #2 about adding custom zips to the baking process but that thread appears dead, so apologies if anyone is re-reading this here.

I thought I'd do a custom R6 Desire ROM with a couple of extras installed. I tried including a few useful apps (Astro/ROM Manager/Dropbox) and put them in the system/app folder or data/app. Also tried including a couple of mods (Circle Battery & Bluetooth). Put Circle Battery's framework-res in the framework folder and the Bluetooth mod in etc/bluetooth.

When the ROM is baked I can open it up and see that everyhting is in the right place but if I flash with either the Battery or Bluetooth mods in there I get constant reboots at the bootanim stage (HTC Quietly Brilliant). The only way to recover from this is to go to recovery and do a Nandroid restore.

In the process of trying to figure out why this was happening I moved the apps to data instead of system and eventually got rid of the mods. So now I flash with just the apps in data/apps. The flash goes OK and the phone boots but those apps are not installed :(

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

For info, this is the content of my zip file...

system/app/ASTRO 2.5.2.apk
system/app/astro-smb.apk
system/app/Barcode Scanner 3.31.apk
system/app/Dropbox 0.9.8.6.apk
system/app/ROM Manager 2.0.0.7.apk
system/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
system/framework/framework-res.apk[/codebox]

TIA

Aaron

Edited by vfrvulcan