MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sidewindr

I am experiencing the lack of popup when I plug my desire into the PC, I just get a notification that USB debugging is on and nothing else.. if I uncheck the "Ask Me" in "Settings->Connect to PC" then I am ble to select the connection type I want and even change it whilst plugged into the PC. It works fine when I do a clean install but then fails once I restore my user apps and my system account data etc.

Guest Brent Pickup
can one please upload the r6

Buy ad-free. It's like $15US or something, well worth it if you want access to the kitchens (takes like 15secs to build you your own custom, unique rom). Or simply wait till its final and then get a prebake.

Guest vvaleta28
I am experiencing the lack of popup when I plug my desire into the PC, I just get a notification that USB debugging is on and nothing else.. if I uncheck the "Ask Me" in "Settings->Connect to PC" then I am ble to select the connection type I want and even change it whilst plugged into the PC. It works fine when I do a clean install but then fails once I restore my user apps and my system account data etc.

to fix usb plug bug u must do all wipes , the other problem with titanium, just try mybackup pro it works perfect

Guest elminster13
Download page for HTC's widgets doesn't load.

Anyone got the notes widget apk?

I'm experiencing problems with this too.

Guest ianm2k4
Changelog

r6 WIP 12:00 23/Jul

• Changes to Rosie to allow compatability with HTC provided widgets (hopefully)

What changes as I am not seeing any problems with r5 and the HTC widgets?

Guest tk1978
Paul - this is by far my favourite ROM of all so far.....and I've tried every single one!

I don't know what you did on this one, but my battery is absolutely amazing on this ROM. I've got Juice Defender Ultimate running, so I don't know if it's a combination of both (plus Advanced Task Killer Pro), but I seriously have my battery still on 100% after 4 hours. I played tennis & did not touch my phone once, but I did get a message & missed call.

I found my battery was draining way too much on the last r5 ROM, but this one is incredibly efficient.

I also don't have any bugs, believe it or not. Stock Android Contact all working fine, yet I still prefer the HTC one so I use that.

All the bugs mentioned in this post, I don't have any. It's strange, because usually I can relate to 1 or 2 problems.

If you can keep the battery life the same on the rest of your ROM's, it would be great. I don't know how or why, but my Desire is running great.

hi, one little hint. what most user believe is, that taskkiller saves battery. that is a big fault! when a taskkiller kills processes in the background, they needed to start again when the system or the user needs them and THAT drains more battery then let them run as a sleep process in background. this is diskussed several times in the i-net so you can check the meaning off others who now how unix systems handle background processes. a unix/linux operatiing system has a very good prozess management an running prozesses don't need much systemresoucrces.

so hint from me, deinstall the taskkiller :(

Guest Noonski
Anyone having issue with Facebook HTC Sense?

I did a full wipe, and during setup I been having problem it. It says "The service is currently unavailable. Do you want to try again?"

Now I am unable to sync my contact with Facebook. Normal Facebook application is working fine, just Facebook for HTC Sense.

Edit:

http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/and...spx?PageIndex=2

Just found some people having the same issue.

Still Not connecting, but great knowing its not my sc3wing around with R6.

Guest bhu73

QUOTE(Dempier @ Jul 25 2010, 07:37)

I'm experiencing problems with this too.

this doesnt work in r5 either.

Edited by bhu73

Guest Nicke
no hebrew fonts in this one : ? :(

It's included in Android 2.2.... No need to add anything.

Edited by Nicke

Guest Noonski
QUOTE(Dempier @ Jul 25 2010, 07:37)

this doesnt work in r5 either.

Notes Widget has been posted in R5 Thread and @XDA.

Edited by Noonski

Guest tr0ca

Baked a r6 rom with no Sense no HTC lock screen and standard contacs also chose no Friends stream or Footprints, No weather nor any stock.

i keep getting com.htc.gbp force close error i googled and found that i should clear cash and clear data in settings -> applications

Calender

Calender Storage

Gmail

Gmail storage

i cant find Gmail storage hower i found the other 3 and i did that i still keep getting the error.

Any sugestions ?

Guest ssergE

Hi, I have an issue with installing apps from the Market since upgrading to r6. This issue did not exist during r5.

D/vending ( 1884): [21] VendingDoctor.handleFixDownloadCompletes(): Download completed, kicking: MixZing Media Player

W/ActivityManager(  178): Permission Denial: broadcasting Intent { act=android.intent.action.DOWNLOAD_COMPLETED dat=content://downloads/download/18 cmp=com.android.vending/.AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver (has extras) } from com.android.vending (pid=1884, uid=10060) requires android.permission.SEND_DOWNLOAD_COMPLETED_INTENTS due to receiver com.android.vending/com.android.vending.AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver

D/vending ( 1884): [21] VendingDoctor.handleFixDownloadCompletes(): Download completed, kicking: Spare Parts

W/ActivityManager(  178): Permission Denial: broadcasting Intent { act=android.intent.action.DOWNLOAD_COMPLETED dat=content://downloads/download/20 cmp=com.android.vending/.AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver (has extras) } from com.android.vending (pid=1884, uid=10060) requires android.permission.SEND_DOWNLOAD_COMPLETED_INTENTS due to receiver com.android.vending/com.android.vending.AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver

Guest Golgo

Can any other radios than the new one (32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08) be used with this rom?

I'm having some reception problems and would like to test.

Guest Handymeister

Hello,

I flashed the r6 (with wipe before and after the flashing) but on the first installation I'll get errors "the process.bg.com ...".

Has anyone an idea for me please?

Thanx.

Handymeister

Guest Dempier
Hello,

I flashed the r6 (with wipe before and after the flashing) but on the first installation I'll get errors "the process.bg.com ...".

Thanx.

Handymeister

wipe after the flashing? I don't think that's right

Guest Noonski
Hello,

Thanx.

Handymeister

Do you mean com.htc.bgp ?