MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pfsykes
Yes, it´s there... i will try to use the full path to tun.ko now!

EDIT: does not work at all.... any hints?

EDIT2: okay.. insmod tun.ko with adb shell worked, now I have some hopefully minor error: ifconfig could not execute external program.

That was to be my next question. I use VPNC and OpenVPN Settings.

Did you get it workoing.

Silly question im looking for a free vpn access only for VOIP as T-Mobile block the ports and I dont want to pay an extra £22 ontop of my normal monthly contract.

Peter

Guest doubled
That was to be my next question. I use VPNC and OpenVPN Settings.

Did you get it workoing.

Silly question im looking for a free vpn access only for VOIP as T-Mobile block the ports and I dont want to pay an extra £22 ontop of my normal monthly contract.

Peter

I´m now fighting with the busybox (I think)!

the tail of the OpenVPN Output:

Wed Aug 11 00:20:12 2010 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened

Wed Aug 11 00:20:12 2010 TUN/TAP TX queue length set to 100

Wed Aug 11 00:20:12 2010 /system/xbin/bb/ifconfig tun0 192.168.22.110 netmask 255.255.255.0 mtu 1500 broadcast 192.168.22.255

Wed Aug 11 00:20:12 2010 Linux ifconfig failed: could not execute external program

Wed Aug 11 00:20:12 2010 Exiting

the problem is /system/xbin/bb/ifconfig ...

there is no bb directory (it´s an link to busybox) it should be /system/xbin/ifconfig, or?

how can I fix this?

Edited by doubled

Guest pfsykes
I´m now fighting with the busybox (I think)!

the tail of the OpenVPN Output:

Wed Aug 11 00:20:12 2010 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened

Wed Aug 11 00:20:12 2010 TUN/TAP TX queue length set to 100

Wed Aug 11 00:20:12 2010 /system/xbin/bb/ifconfig tun0 192.168.22.110 netmask 255.255.255.0 mtu 1500 broadcast 192.168.22.255

Wed Aug 11 00:20:12 2010 Linux ifconfig failed: could not execute external program

Wed Aug 11 00:20:12 2010 Exiting

the problem is /system/xbin/bb/ifconfig ...

there is no bb directory (it´s an link to busybox) it should be /system/xbin/ifconfig, or?

how can I fix this?

Can you post the whole of the log and ommit the user name password ip address by using XXXX in its place.

It might help I use VPN Connection for my Cisco VPN and open vpn settings for my other vpns

Might want to give them a try.

Peter

Guest FatherD
There is no bootanimation.zip present at all in baked Rom.

I posted before that adding your own to data\local or system\customize/resource don't work.

And there is an android_audio.mp3 but it doesn't get played.

! works for me using ADB to /system/customize/resource on r7 :)

Guest Mekerz

Flashed r8 over r7 and have had absolutely no issues at all, apart from the fact the .zip files I uploaded to the kitchen which contains a bootanimation.zip in /system/customize/resource didn't end up putting my custom animation at boot.

Not an issue, I'm sure I can push it via adb to both there and the system linked one in /data.

So thanks a lot for the work Paul, I had 50% battery earlier after 23 hours unplugged and I had been using my phone quite a bit too - certainly hasn't been trying to squeeze life out of the phone. So that speaks volumes in my opinion.

I couldn't get AdFree working on r7, it would download the host file but ads still appeared even after rebooting like the app recommends but I'm happy to report it's working on r8 for me, so I'm very happy.

My AdFree membership @ Modaco really is worth while :)

Guest simonp2

been on R5 since I got the phone and this evening did a wipe and went up to R8 all appear to be working fine. When I cooked my rom I left out all the facebook and the likes and all smooth. Will get an idea of battery usage tomorrow

thanks

Guest z7x8c9

I just baked a new R8 ans installed it... a couple of things I noticed:

- htc wallpapers are missing (the static ones, not the live ones...)

- i'm having trouble syncing gmail... it allways says syncing is experiencing problems (something like that...) but this maybe a non rom related issue...

apart from that... facebook sync works and everything else appears to be fine... tomorrow will be a real world testing, let's see how it goes!

Guest shadamehr
I just baked a new R8 ans installed it... a couple of things I noticed:

- htc wallpapers are missing (the static ones, not the live ones...)

- i'm having trouble syncing gmail... it allways says syncing is experiencing problems (something like that...) but this maybe a non rom related issue...

apart from that... facebook sync works and everything else appears to be fine... tomorrow will be a real world testing, let's see how it goes!

Yeah - just realised Standard HTC Wallpapers are indeed missing here too, as per a few other comments, when doing a Wipe and Clean install. (But know you have already said you are investigating this anyway Paul)

I hadn't noticed, as my Titanium Restore brings them back for me...

Guest RevoWution

Has anybody else noticed that the default HTC "embarrassed" emoticon is a bit squished than the others? The other emoticons are fine, it's just the "embarrassed" one. I'm running r7 btw.

Will flash r8 over r7 and see if this is fixed :)

Guest KingDan

I noticed that the wireless n is disabled in the kitchen by default, is there a problem with it?

I've noticed that when I use it on my D-Link router that after a while it times out (the router I'd

assume as the computer and everything else loses internet connectivity and have limited or no

connectivity).

Please advise me.

I'd like to keep my router strictly on wireless n only and not just g.

The router doesn't timeout when it's on g. (I might just see the data

network come up for a moment and then it's back to wireless)

I'm changing my router shortly but this might not solve the problem.

And another question while I'm here, why does the phone start up asking me if I want to use Sense UI

or the other launcher? Even when I set it to default, it still asks me when the phone reboots amongst other

things. It's like the setting doesn't save.

Guest Arty Marty

Just flashed the R8 over the top of R7

All ok.

Superuser has updated, my flashlight is now a torch... :)

its nice and snappy

The boot animation has changed to just the word Android, with an animated reflection effect

I saw a good one somewhere that had the HTC logo I think, with a little greeen android guy in 3d popping his head out from behind it...

Anyone know where it is?

One question is, can we please have a English (Australian) locale?

Someone mentioned this a while back...

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain

OK, I still have no vibrate on shutdown. I have tried a complete wipe this time and still no joy. Can someone let me know if that have it working on r8?

Guest pfsykes
OK, I still have no vibrate on shutdown. I have tried a complete wipe this time and still no joy. Can someone let me know if that have it working on r8?

Is this realy such a HUGE issue?

Peter

Guest shaigrin

Hi all.

Maybe the question is dumb but you guys have much more expirience with android.

If everything works great with Paul's rooted froyo rom from August 4, why change to MCR?

Just for the customization in HTC apps and A2SD or there's change in performance?

Guest David Szabo

Yeah, Vibrate on shutdown is working for me.

Had it disabled on r7 and then re-enabled it in the r8 kitchen and flashed without a full wipe and its working fine.

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
Is this realy such a HUGE issue?

Peter

No, It isn't. But it is a feature I happen to like and cannot understand why it is not working, which is why I asked.

Is it possible to implement "Power button ends call" feature (During a call pressing power button, ends call instead of turning off screen)?

Edited by dezmo

Guest theblueraja

When using the default Android Contacts application is there any way that you can search for a contact via the phone keypad like you do with the HTC contacts app? I.e typing 456, searches for contacts with GHI, JKL, MNO in the name etc.

Also, how do i change the default BACK to the HTC contacts version after setting the android one to default accidentally.