MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Zarch1972

I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I've not seen a solution as yet.

In previous builds I'm sure I was able to press MENU rather than swiping to unlock. I haven't been able to do this in r7 or r8.

For info, I've been choosing "Trackpad Wake with Power", not sure if this causes the problem?

Guest vfrvulcan
I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I've not seen a solution as yet.

In previous builds I'm sure I was able to press MENU rather than swiping to unlock. I haven't been able to do this in r7 or r8.

For info, I've been choosing "Trackpad Wake with Power", not sure if this causes the problem?

Pretty sure that disappeared with Froyo, 2.1 ROMs certainly had it.

HTH

Aaron

Hmmm...

<bool name="config_disableMenuKeyInLockScreen">false</bool>

Should work then (but agree it doesn't)... can anyone without trackball wake confirm if it works for them?

P

Guest Wovchik
Not really, the function is still there unless you select the checkbox so far as I can see! :)

P

Feedback required from those who have wiped please!

P

AFAIK there are no mislabelled options or anything, everything should work as intended but could well require a wipe.

P

Ok here is the Feedback with a Wipe :D I Flashed the rom first with out Wipe still no Vibrate on Shutdown und No boot Sound (options where both not Checked) Result No vibration on power off an no Sound

Ok Read your Posts obove and tryed with a Wipe and is Still the Same no vibration an no Sound (Boot animation) Ok i thinks its because its the standart Android bootanimation but the Vibration in the citchen is Still bugy

I try now with Vibration Diasble Checked ...

EDIT: NEw Backed Rom with WIPE and still no Shutdown vibration

Other thing i noticed that linpack shows me with r8 and wipe only 33 MFLOPS R5 > R7 with out wipe i had 39 MFLOPS

Edited by Wovchik

Guest z7x8c9
I guess you baked your ROM without Friend Stream but with HTC contacts ?

Putting Friend Stream back should resolve the problem.

Yeah... I left out FriendStream! Gonna make a new bake with FriendStream and check if it resolves it.

Thanks!

Guest FatherD

Cannot install r8!

Just tried 2 separate bakes, wiped/facory reset/dalvik-cache cleared, have to have them signed as using r5-root to get recovery .. both failed with

E:Missing file:

system/customize/MNS/425.xml

E:Verification failed

:)

Guest Skidder
Hmmm...

<bool name="config_disableMenuKeyInLockScreen">false</bool>

Should work then (but agree it doesn't)... can anyone without trackball wake confirm if it works for them?

P

Mmm, also been missing this, but IIRC it disappeared back in r6 already and I baked that pre the trackball wake options. Actually I almost think it was missing in the r5 pre-bakes too. Anyone still on one that can test?

Also, not sure if it just my ROM, but had OpenVPN baked in yesterday, rebaked this morning without it and it's still there. Did not wipe so that could be the issue.

Guest RevoWution
How well would a no-wipe flash over R7 go? Would I need to bake it with the same options or would this not matter?

A no-wipe flash worked fine for me :)

Still no go with the "embarrassed" emoticon though. Can anyone else confirm if they have a "squished/slimmed" emoticon? The others appear normal, but for my "embarrassed" emoticon/smiley, it appears the image has been "stretched" vertically.

Cannot install r8!

Just tried 2 separate bakes, wiped/facory reset/dalvik-cache cleared, have to have them signed as using r5-root to get recovery .. both failed with

E:Missing file:

system/customize/MNS/425.xml

E:Verification failed

:)

I'm guessing you're not using ClockworkMod recovery, hence you need to click the 'sign' box!

P

A no-wipe flash worked fine for me :)

Still no go with the "embarrassed" emoticon though. Can anyone else confirm if they have a "squished/slimmed" emoticon? The others appear normal, but for my "embarrassed" emoticon/smiley, it appears the image has been "stretched" vertically.

Screenshot?

P

Guest FatherD
I'm guessing you're not using ClockworkMod recovery, hence you need to click the 'sign' box!

P

Yep .. did that on both bakes! nandroid ftw!

Any idea why it's not getting signed .. or should I just grab Clockwork!?

Yep .. did that on both bakes! nandroid ftw!

Any idea why it's not getting signed .. or should I just grab Clockwork!?

Rebake, should be fixed now!

P

Guest z7x8c9

Paul,

I'd like to suggest something in the kitchen.

An option to download some sort of configuration file (text) where it would save the options we selected so when we go to bake another ROM we would upload this file and the same options would get selected.

Don't know if this is feasible, but it's just a suggestion.

Guest TamirDa

Paul i have a problem.

i put some songs in the phone, 1 song have a image, and then all the songs with the same image! why?

and where is the new Adobe Flash? i cant see his app.

thx

Guest EddyOS

Paul, have you changed the /system/customize folders? Seems to be more a custom setup than stock and the default language is US English not GB...

Guest shadamehr
I noticed something strange...

My phone is allways syncing... like when you click "sync all" and the circular arrows appear on the notification bar... it's been like this for 3 hours now... and it appears everything is in sync.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

DAMN...

I was about to post this too today, but saw your message.

Alas, me too - since a ROM-Rebake, and Wipe install last night, I too have the Sync Symbol on all the time now.

I've forced closed Gmail etc, and turned off Background Sync (which I actually want on anyway though), but all to no avail...

Guest EddyOS
DAMN...

Alas, me too - since a ROM-Rebake, and Wipe install last night, I too have the Sync Symbol on all the time now.

I've forced closed Gmail etc, and turned off Background Sync (which I actually want on anyway though), but all to no avail...

You removed FriendStream? If so, that's why...(or it was the culprit for me a few revsions ago)

DAMN...

Did you exclude friendstream?

P

Guest shadamehr
I guess you baked your ROM without Friend Stream but with HTC contacts ?

Putting Friend Stream back should resolve the problem.

I'll give this a go.

If so, Paul, as per my above post too, you may want ot mention in the "Item Descriptions" that removing Friend Stream whislt keeping HTC Contacts, will cause an endless Sync Loop situation.

Cheers all, good find if so - will go re-bake now with Friend Stream Back in... Or wait, I might even have a Titanium Backup of it, I can try that...

Will post back with any results...

Guest rdoxenham
You removed FriendStream? If so, that's why...(or it was the culprit for me a few revsions ago)

I have to manually force a sync stop from settings, it then stops and doesn't come back

Guest 183.amir

Hi I was a windows mobile user for 8 years but now that I have a HTC Desire I have to deal with android (don't get me wrong I'm glad)

my Desire is non-rooted and has an official android 2.2 ROM (I updated OTA, stupid me :)) now I've seen your custom ROM and online kitchen (OMG!) so I cooked one for myself and downloading it now :D.

so please help me to install your ROM, and tell me exactly what I should do. and my HBoot version is 0.8.

please help me no longer regret upgrading my phone.

Guest shadamehr
Paul, have you changed the /system/customize folders? Seems to be more a custom setup than stock and the default language is US English not GB...

Yep - noticed that during Setup Wizard now, US is indeed the language listed at the top, and by default.

Guest Asselberghs
Paul,

I'd like to suggest something in the kitchen.

An option to download some sort of configuration file (text) where it would save the options we selected so when we go to bake another ROM we would upload this file and the same options would get selected.

Don't know if this is feasible, but it's just a suggestion.

In the next version of the Kitchen we will be able to save our "ingredients" so it´s faster to bake our preferred rom, don´t know if it´s cookie based or what he´s going to do, but it´s coming in the next version of the Kitchen.

I'll give this a go.

If so, Paul, as per my above post too, you may want ot mention in the "Item Descriptions" that removing Friend Stream whislt keeping HTC Contacts, will cause an endless Sync Loop situation.

Cheers all, good find if so - will go re-bake now with Friend Stream Back in... Or wait, I might even have a Titanium Backup of it, I can try that...

Will post back with any results...

Yeah, i'll probably remove the option to un-bake friendstream.

P