MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest vvaleta28
Do you mean com.htc.bgp ?

he does xD, i had that FC once and i fixed it goin to facebook on my pc and deleting from there the facebook application, deleting account from the phone and login again, try if it fix your fc too :(

Guest Noonski
he does xD, i had that FC once and i fixed it going to facebook on my pc and deleting from there the facebook application, deleting account from the phone and login again, try if it fix your fc too :(

Don't get it myself as I have removed HTC's Location stuff from me personal Bake.

I posted my findings and tweeted Paul that there's one service that should not be removed when removing HTC weather from bake. Leaving WeatherProvider.apk even when removing HTC Weather should stop this error from popping up.

Here's the flashable fix

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=59250

But then the question would be, did you remove HTC Weather from Bake?

Guest Handymeister
But then the question would be, did you remove HTC Weather from Bake?

Hi,

I removed HTC Wether and Facebook! What shell I do, to remove this error?

Thanks a lot!

Handymeister

Guest Noonski
Hi,

I removed HTC Wether and Facebook! What shell I do, to remove this error?

Thanks a lot!

Handymeister

Flash the fix in recovery I posted above, disable Signature check.

Or add the WeatherProvider.apk & WeatherProvider.odex into System\Apps into your already baked Rom or your personal.zip to add to bake.

Guest Noonski
My sync icon wont disapear even though nothing is syncing

Mentioned before in R5 Thread and the easiest solution was to add in FriendStream into the Bake.

Or Disable HTC FaceBook Syncing. Then Force Stop Syncing once.

Flashed your fix still the same problem though. and i dont have weather installed.

Oke, depending on what you have baked, if you have a Senseless Rom take out the HTC Location Service.apk & .odex & WeatherProvider.apk/.odex from your rom.zip and flash your RomBake.zip again.

But I wouldn't do this if your still using Sense or other Sense Apps like Peep.

Edited by Noonski

Guest tr0ca

I dont use sense i think its s***. I prefer vanilla android froyo, Although i want the campera app from HTC.

I dont use Twitter or anything like flicker etc. I did not remove peep though when i did my bake. Making a new bake where i will make 100% sure i removed all sense crap, and see if that will help will post back soon

Guest Humma78

Hi all, after searching the web all day its seems the Modaco roms are the best, I'm totally new to teh rooting scene so its all a bit overwhelming. Does this Rom allow me to view Chinese and Arabic messages etc? its the last thing I need to know before I spend my £10. Cheers.

Guest goa200
Mentioned before in R5 Thread and the easiest solution was to add in FriendStream into the Bake.

Oke, depending on what you have baked, if you have a Senseless Rom take out the HTC Location Service.apk & .odex & WeatherProvider.apk/.odex from your rom.zip and flash your RomBake.zip again.

thx, worked like a charm

Guest Handymeister
Flash the fix in recovery I posted above, disable Signature check.

Or add the WeatherProvider.apk & WeatherProvider.odex into System\Apps into your already baked Rom or your personal.zip to add to bake.

Hi,

I baked a new ROM witch included the Wether-App and now it works fine.

Thanks for your professional help.

Handymeister

Guest tr0ca

I did a new backed rom and excluded all htc s*** inc peep etc after that i removed HTC Location Service.apk & .odex & WeatherProvider.apk/.odex from my backed rom zip file. Flashed and now i dont have any more error messages thanks for your help.

Now i just need to fix the freaking USB connect bar so i can switch to usb transfer etc. Also would love to find a way to completly remove the HTC Dialer.

!!! EDIT !!! This actualy fixed the usb connect bug aswell now when i connect the usb from my computer to the phone then phone asks me what i want to do and transfering works perfect :(. Awsome im so happy :(

Also is it possible to use the r5 version of Super Circle Battery with % ?

Edited by tr0ca

Guest n70er
All I can find is a modified apk that doesn't install..

Can`t anybody pack this com.htc.rosiewidgets.note_signed.apk in a zip file

so that we could update via fake flash?

Guest Entreated

Have been using this rom over the weekend and it doesn't seem to freeze or lag as much compared to R5..

Very fast, decent battery life (when not using the internet that is ha) and overall really impressed with R6.

Guest NoPodi

Hello everyone.

My first message on this board :(

is it just me or is there absolutely no chance to turn of the alarm from the sense desk clock app when android lock screen is baked in?

thx very much!

btw r6 and modaco is awesome!!! :(

Guest EroThraX
Hello everyone.

My first message on this board :(

is it just me or is there absolutely no chance to turn of the alarm from the sense desk clock app when android lock screen is baked in?

thx very much!

btw r6 and modaco is awesome!!! :(

You need to bake the stock Android alarm clock to use with the stock Android lock screen.

Guest tommo123

hmm, every time i exit task manager, sense reloads everything. just like i rebooted the phone. didn't use to do this

EDIT

it's the process manager in spare parts. every time i leave a program, it reloads sense. weird! turned it back to normal and now alls ok

Edited by tommo123

Guest EranSa

hey paul, small request if possible

since /system/ is partially odexed for this rom we can't insert RTL correction for numbers, could you maybe insert the files for us (hebrew and arabic speakers) or add an option to include it in the kitchen?

I've included the files just incase

would be much appreciated!

rtl.rar