MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest EddyOS

Few issues here with the latest r8 ROM:

- Although I don't specify and stock Google contacts/dialer they are installed so I keep getting annoying prompts asking to choose which I want to use

- US-EN is the default language instead of GB-EN

- I wanted the HTC splash screen WITH sound (I quite like it :) )

Have reverted back to my Nandroid backup of r7 for now as this works fine

Guest Noonski

Htc wallpapers are missing because these are not added to \system\customize\resources by the kitchen.

Edited by Noonski

Guest EddyOS
Htc wallpapers are missing because these are not added to \system\customize\resources by the kitchen.

Why was this changed, though? Did people complain?

Shoulda left it as it was, personally...

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
Why was this changed, though? Did people complain?

Shoulda left it as it was, personally...

Not sure why this changed, think it was possibly an oversight by Paul or maybe its one of those weird errors like the absence of Vibrate on Shutdown , which is supposed to be there, but hasn't worked for me since R5.

Guest Noonski
I can't flash this.

When the CRI starts to verify the package I get "E:Missing file: system/app/WidgetDownloadManager.odex"

Any ideas?

R8 ain't Odexed so it should not have this file.

As for Wallpapers and a few other bugs, i don't think there's any intention to them.

But theoretical (if you can't wait for an official PaulFix), you should be able to re add these graphics manually into the Zip file to see if that sorts it out. (from a Previous release)

Maybe this is a good time for ya'll to check Flikie HD Wallpapers from Market :D

Why constrain yourself to just the HTC wallpapers when you can dump the HTC Wallpapers into the Flikie folder on SD as a seperate album. I'll upload the missing Graphics in a Mo.

I can't test as I always remove these anyway including the related .apk file

Edited by Noonski

Guest shadamehr
R8 ain't Odexed so it should not have this file.

As for Wallpapers and a few other bugs, i don't think there's any intention to them.

But theoretical (if you can't wait for an official PaulFix), you should be able to re add these graphics mannually into the Zip file to see if that sorts it out. (from a Previous release)

Noonski - how are you adding stuff to the resultant ROm zip file from the kitchen?

Everytime I try and do this, before flashing it, I am unable to do so, due to write protection or similar.

Otherwise I would just do it this way, rather than incorporate my own zip during the bake.

I just can't add stuff to the ROM zip though...?

Guest Noonski
Noonski - how are you adding stuff to the resultant ROm zip file from the kitchen?

Everytime I try and do this, before flashing it, I am unable to do so, due to write protection or similar.

Otherwise I would just do it this way, rather than incorporate my own zip during the bake.

I just can't add stuff to the ROM zip though...?

Do you mean that during Flashing through ClockWork Mod you get a signature issue?

You can disable this. Let me look up the Menu.

I wouldn't advice the impatient and non Nandroid users to do this, Also because people might bring up issues they cause themselves confusing Paul even more. If that's even possible :D

But it does help me understand a bit more what is going on under the hood, though not as explicit as some of the real modders around here. I just tried it once and it worked and stopped adding a custom.zip since.

I open the zip file in 7-Zip.

Boot into CM-Recovery >> install zip from SDcard >> Toggle Signature verification

I hope your not still flashing through USB?

The extra HTC Wallpaper picker is overkill anyway, can't these wallpapers be added somehow to the android default pickers assortment?

Here's the wallpapers that belong in system\customize\resources\

Flikkie.zip

Edited by Noonski

Guest theblueraja

Tried this but went back to R7,

New HTC widgets were selected and had installed but were not available to select within applications menu, the only place i found them were in the installed applications section to uninstall.

I even tried a wipe and they still didnt show.

Titanium backup, Wavesecure etc then all vanished despite having them checked in the kitchen so i just gave up and went back to my nandroid backup of R7 which is working fine apart from an issue with most apps not installing to the SD card, only phone memory.

Only some small apps are on the SD card, Google Earth etc still goes to the phone memory.

Edited by theblueraja

Guest shadamehr
Do you mean that during Flashing through ClockWork Mod you get a signature issue?

You can disable this. Let me look up the Menu.

I wouldn't advice the impatient and non Nandroid users to do this, Also because people might bring up issues they cause themselves confusing Paul even more. If that's even possible :D

But it does help me understand a bit more what is going on under the hood, though not as explicit as some of the real modders around here. I just tried it once and it worked and stopped adding a custom.zip since.

I open the zip file in 7-Zip.

Boot into CM-Recovery >> install zip from SDcard >> Toggle Signature verification

I hope your not still flashing through USB?

The extra HTC Wallpaper picker is overkill anyway, can't these wallpapers be added somehow to the android default pickers assortment?

Here's the wallpapers that belong in system\customize\resources\

No mate - my bad, I should have explained better...

I am assuming that what you mean is that you can bake a ROM using the kitchen, and then what you can do, is take the ROm zip file created, and then open it up, and add or remove extra components as required, before then copying it over to the phone, and Flashing it.

If this is what you mean, then my problem is with the zip file itself...

I can easily open it up, using either Windows own built in zip functionality, or using a real application such as WinZip.

But when I try and add .apk files to the Kitchen ROM zip, I am not allowed to - I get access restriction errors. I have tried doing things like changing the Attributes of the zip file so it is not Read Only, but to no avail.

So my actual problme is that i cannot add things to the ROM Kitchen zip file itself due to permissions, access restrictions, or something along these lines...?

I might give 7-Zip a look though in case that lets me add files to the Zip.

EDIT:

Managed to make additions and deletions to the Kitchen ROM zip using 7-Zip mate. Will re-flash now to see if I get the Nexus Flashing Arrows Boot Customization...

Thanks - will report back...

Edited by shadamehr

Guest Whiler92
Is HTC stock bootanimation changed to "android"? If yes how could I have it back?

<BootConfiguration>
<BootAnimation animation="/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" audio="/system/customize/resource/android_audio.mp3" />
</BootConfiguration>
[/codebox]

Add this in your /system/customize/CID/default.xml

I did it and it works like before...

Between /category and /customization...

[codebox] </category>
<BootConfiguration>
<BootAnimation animation="/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" audio="/system/customize/resource/android_audio.mp3" />
</BootConfiguration>
</customization_form>

Guest Whiler92
su

busybox reboot -f

now phone reboots

w

It perfectly works!

BTW, is there any way to directly reboot in recovery mode? I check the busybox reboot parameters but nothing regarding this specific device feature...

Cheers

Edited by Whiler92

Guest bbawden
I can't flash this.

When the CRI starts to verify the package I get "E:Missing file: system/app/WidgetDownloadManager.odex"

Any ideas?

OK, so why is the CRI checking for it?

How do I get around this to flash it?

Guest Dr_Ash

Hey guys, sorry to post this again (I posted it on page 71) - but does anyone have the MODIFIED HTC_IME (Shows up as "HTC_IME mod" in keyboard settings) that works for this revision of MCR? The older version that was working on froyo for me is now no longer working...

OK, so why is the CRI checking for it?

How do I get around this to flash it?

Either click the 'sign' box on Download, or use a CRI image (e.g. ClockworkMod) that doesn't do signature checking.

P

Guest inigoml

Flashed R8 coming from R6/R6/R5 without wipe. No bugs found, no battery problem, no FCs.

Only issue (if we can name it issue) is the default boot image.

As usual, great release, Paul.

P.D: And thank you for tun module! :-)

Guest bbawden
Either click the 'sign' box on Download, or use a CRI image (e.g. ClockworkMod) that doesn't do signature checking.

P

Hi Paul

Thanks. I definitely did click the signature box. I'll try again.

Guest draco82

Anyone kind enough to teach me how to change the boot animation for r8? how to flash customize boot animation.....

Thanks~~

Edited by draco82