MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

I just wanted to say thanks to Paul: I just upgraded from r5 to the r8 WIP (after a full wipe), and I'm using it now for 4 hours, and haven't seen any problems.

No FC's, camera is recording fine, and having a 'Torch' app is so cool :-)

So me = happy, tnx!

Guest dchuraman

everything is good with r8 now, running smooth and fast. I did have a problem when i first put it on. It would only mount the SD card as read only, no matter what i did. I also couldnt connect the phone to the PC and mount as disk drive, it just did nothing.

I had to put the card in my PC and run a chkdsk on it to fix the corruption, and now it works fine. its bizzare as this hasnt happened before

Guest Jaystomped

Having a weird issue. The sync icon is perennially on display in R8. While its not affecting battery life/mail/apps, its never the less disconcerting to see.

I don't ever seem to get the WiFi Status Indicator whenever I bake a ROM.

Ah ha! It's not there, but there in it's place is the vibrate on shutdown option, DOH! So if you selected this, you'd get no vibrate on shutdown instead... the mystery is solved! :D

FIXED! :D

P

Guest EddyOS
Having a weird issue. The sync icon is perennially on display in R8. While its not affecting battery life/mail/apps, its never the less disconcerting to see.

Did you remove FriendStream? Seems to cause issues if you have it removed but still have FB/Peep installed or vice versa

Guest FatherD
Anyone kind enough to teach me how to change the boot animation for r8? how to flash customize boot animation.....

Thanks~~

I posted here yesterday for someone .. it works on r7, can't see any reason why it won't on r8 .. best of luck :D

Guest sebastiaan15

where are the HTC wallpapers only a black screen

i baked your rom the first time you released it and i have HTC wallpapers

but i baked a rom today and the HTC wallpapers where gone

can you fix this paul

Edited by sebastiaan15

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
Ah ha! It's not there, but there in it's place is the vibrate on shutdown option, DOH! So if you selected this, you'd get no vibrate on shutdown instead... the mystery is solved! :D

FIXED! :D

P

Does this also mean that Vibrate on shutdown is fixed?

Guest EddyOS
where are the HTC wallpapers only a black screen

i baked your rom the first time you released it and i have HTC wallpapers

but i baked a rom today and the HTC wallpapers where gone

can you fix this paul

Seems the /system/customize folder has had a lot removed from it (HTC wallpapers, stock splash screen, etc)...bit annoying but I'm seeing what I can do to sort it

Guest Jaystomped
Did you remove FriendStream? Seems to cause issues if you have it removed but still have FB/Peep installed or vice versa

AH yes i did, while baking. Guess if i stick it back in via a fresh bake this issue will go away? Thanks for the tip.

Seems the /system/customize folder has had a lot removed from it (HTC wallpapers, stock splash screen, etc)...bit annoying but I'm seeing what I can do to sort it

I did get a bit carried away! Boot screen and wallpapers should be back now.

P

Guest smumford
Tried this but went back to R7,

New HTC widgets were selected and had installed but were not available to select within applications menu, the only place i found them were in the installed applications section to uninstall.

I even tried a wipe and they still didnt show.

Titanium backup, Wavesecure etc then all vanished despite having them checked in the kitchen so i just gave up and went back to my nandroid backup of R7 which is working fine apart from an issue with most apps not installing to the SD card, only phone memory.

Only some small apps are on the SD card, Google Earth etc still goes to the phone memory.

The HTC widgets only appear in the widget menu as they are not apps. If you press the plus button on the home screen, then widget they should ne listed their.

Guest TamirDa

Hey Paul,

I rebake R8, and i have some problems:

1. Whrn i connect the phone to the computer, the weather disappear from the world clock.

2.I have one song with pic', and in the music app all the songs with the same pic'! why?

3.When i bake me new rom, i didnt select Disable sound, and still i dont have sound when i'm turn on the phon. why?

thx for your answers!:D

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain

Paul,

Just did a new bake and can confirm vibrate on shutdown is back. Thanks for that.

However boot anim is still Android and the HTC wallpapers are still absent.

Guest Vulpix
I downloaded a new r8 and the wallpapers are there, as is the boot animation (but this is in the wrong folder)...

There's this ROM I once flashed that had this really cool boot animation. It's the shape of a X, but has many funky colors animating at every part of the X. Anyone knows where to get that boot animation?

Guest bbawden

The "Update all" button seems to have gone from the Market, and downloads won't start - hangs on "Starting download".

Other than that, all seems OK.

Thanks Paul.

Edited by bbawden

There's this ROM I once flashed that had this really cool boot animation. It's the shape of a X, but has many funky colors animating at every part of the X. Anyone knows where to get that boot animation?

That sounds like the stock Nexus One boot animation... which i've just put in the kitchen (please test).

P

Guest Diggedy

is anyone on o2 business not getting a data connection? I havent had mine since flashing r8 but because I use wifi most of the time I dont know if its r8 thats caused it. Ive tried a full wipe and reflash and its still not there (all apn settings are fine). So just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it before I go shouting at o2 as this isnt the first time their networks been down in the last few month

Guest EddyOS

Paul,

Any chance of putting GB_En as the default language again? And have the Desire Live Wallpaper turn on be default after a fresh flash as it was in r7?