MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Noonski

Getting back on a much earlier set of posts.

Today I did another battery test but this time with FB 1.3.1.

And on r8 i had a nice 88% left at the end of the half day, and I even used BT a bit longer.

So at first hand it looks like a slight Battery improvement over r7.

(yesterdays test i ended on 82%)

Guest doubled
I'll fix this this morning.

P

Hi Paul,

I´m a little bit confused... is it already fixed or is it still in progress? (You have done a lot of fixes today!)

Thanks...

I mean the:

"there is no bb directory it should be /system/xbin/ifconfig, or?

how can I fix this?"

Edited by doubled

Guest saisquare

Gmail random force close, even i have clear the data in setting. No luck.

force close usually happen after i have downloaded any files.

Flashed to r8 yesterday.

Guest Noonski

Can you make that minor update after the weekend, some of us are trying to build social lives here.

Besides there's a stable r5 to play with anyway.

(needed to post this before the age old, When questions come out, as protest against them)

Gmail random force close, even i have clear the data in setting. No luck.

force close usually happen after i have downloaded any files.

Flashed to r8 yesterday.

Sounds like the double gmail.apk's. Paul fixed it late yesterday.

Try a rebake and Flash.

Edited by Noonski

Guest z7x8c9
I have found that leaving out the Facebook app in the baked rom solves the constant sync for me completly!

I then download Facebook from the market and it all works perfet.

BTW Facebook 1.3.1 in both cases

Edit....just checked and Facebook doesn't seem to be in the bake now, so perhaps a new bake will solved your constantly syncing problem.

ps

I also leave out friendstream and if that makes any difference

That way, can you sync contact photos with facebook?

Guest FatherD
Hi Paul!

Thanks for your great ROM! ;)

I have some suggestions: :D

It is possible to add in the kitchen the "Smooth Sense Icons" and the "ExpressoBar" ?

In the R8 i also didn't have the HTC Wallpaper

Sorry for my poor english :D

I just tried smooth sense and it killed my APN settings on r8 :D

Guest shadamehr

The Boot Animation contained in the Kitchen, the original Nexus one that Paul has recently added, turned out NOT to be the one I was after... though it is mighty nice anyhow.

So I added the one I had on file to the Kitchen ROM zip on my Computer instead, did a Wipe and Re-flash, and I now have the nice Nexus Cross 'flash in/flash out' Lightning/electricity style Boot Animation.

If anyone wants the bootanimation.zip file for that one, just let me know.

Thanks again Paul for all your hard work, and to Noonski for LOTS of help and advice from him too.

Guest V I R U S
Okay if your removing weather, and sense you will need to put back in

WeatherProvider.apk so you don't get the htc.bgp error

I have attached the updated HTC.bgp error fix for r8.

Sort of reported it to Paul , to leave this one in even when deselecting Sense stuff but it must have gone un-n oticed.

These days I leave weather in anyway, as I like the weather in my Calendar.

Back to your quote from older post:

Oke, depending on what you have baked, if you have a Senseless Rom take out the HTC Location Service.apk & .odex & WeatherProvider.apk/.odex from your rom.zip and flash your RomBake.zip again.

Will it work too? Without loosing more functions? What is HTC Location Service reffered to?! Has it something with GMaps and others?! If i remove it will it make some troubles?

Guest Noonski
Back to your quote from older post:

Will it work too? Without loosing more functions? What is HTC Location Service reffered to?! Has it something with GMaps and others?! If i remove it will it make some troubles?

The system uses this for the Auto Time settings and it somehow requires the weather service and that's when you get the error. I only know this in laymen's terms because in only have an idea in laymen's terms what is going on. But you can leave out HTC Location service but don't forget to set your timezone manually then.

Maybe something fun to do for some one that goes deeper into the actual apk's.

Can I ask you guys a stupid question? :D

What is the advantage of usig this ROM compared to the rooted stock OTA ROM released by Paul august 4th (which is extremely stable and fast)?

I see that I can choose what to include in the kitchen, but apart from that? Will this release be faster or even more stable than the official release? I guess there must be quite a lot of tweaks since people are mentioning lots of bugs all the time?

Guest TamirDa

I rebake R8, and i have some problems:

1. Whrn i connect the phone to the computer, the weather disappear from the world clock.

2.I have one song with pic', and in the music app all the songs with the same pic'! why?

3.When i bake me new rom, i didnt select Disable sound, and still i dont have sound when i'm turn on the phon. why?

4. can you add to the kitchen the circle better mod?

5.when you release the full version of R8?

Edited by TamirDa

Guest sanfran
Hi,

Full screen weather animation does not work anymore for me ... any ideas why and how to resolve it?

Thanks!

Hi,

I figured it out on my own why it was not working.... maybe helpful for someone with the same problems....

You have to bake with "live Wallpaper" to get the full screen weather animation working!

BR Robert

Guest venturerider
Can I ask you guys a stupid question? :D

What is the advantage of usig this ROM compared to the rooted stock OTA ROM released by Paul august 4th (which is extremely stable and fast)?

I see that I can choose what to include in the kitchen, but apart from that? Will this release be faster or even more stable than the official release? I guess there must be quite a lot of tweaks since people are mentioning lots of bugs all the time?

I am running that ROM you speak of. Before that, on my Hero, I was running the very first ROM that Paul had built from the official 2.1 release. I love those pristine official ROMs! They are extremely stable and fast. I especially like them because they are odexed, so they take up less data space and I don't need to use A2SD.

Now, for the folks who install 200 apps and like to theme their phones and such, it just won't do.

Edited by venturerider

I rebake R8, and i have some problems:

1. Whrn i connect the phone to the computer, the weather disappear from the world clock.

Could this be because the clock/weather widget is installing to the SD card (A2SD). Not sure how you choose to install to internal memory though. I'm sure someone here does?

Guest TamirDa
Could this be because the clock/weather widget is installing to the SD card (A2SD). Not sure how you choose to install to internal memory though. I'm sure someone here does?

Thats never happend to me.

I chose A2SD+, but always the widget install in the phone memory.

Paul do you have a sulotion?

Guest tinnef
Yeah, i'll probably remove the option to un-bake friendstream.

P

Paul, please don't. I don't use friendstream, love the option to remove it and don't have any continuous sync issues

Guest venturerider

Could be because he uses Beautiful Widgets which keeps it's skins on the card.

Guest TamirDa
Could be because he uses Beautiful Widgets which keeps it's skins on the card.

No, you didnt understand me,

I flash R8 and no touch anything, connect the USB, and its gone!

and can you answear on this:

2.I have one song with pic', and in the music app all the songs with the same pic'! why?

3.When i bake me new rom, i didnt select Disable sound, and still i dont have sound when i'm turn on the phon. why?

4. can you add to the kitchen the circle better mod?

5.when you release the full version of R8?

Thx!

Guest V I R U S
Paul, please don't. I don't use friendstream, love the option to remove it and don't have any continuous sync issues

+1!!!

Who the hell need this crap :D