MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest spiry2sick
Paul, please don't. I don't use friendstream, love the option to remove it and don't have any continuous sync issues

I never had problems with friendstream, I do not use it but like to have the option if I ever wanted to.

Simply not activating the facebook/twitter/flickr accounts does the trick for me.

Guest V I R U S

Sure, there are some peeps who use it, but to leave it by default included without removing option... Somehow it's really hard.

Btw, there are some alternatives which they can use.

Guest joigog7

Hello! First of all, I'd like to congratulate Paul for the great work he has done on HTC Desire, I love his ROMs.

Also, I want to install "Super Circle Battery" from XDA-Developers (the post is http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724778), but it doesn't seem to have a specific version for r8. Can I just install the last one for MCR?

Guest V I R U S
I never had problems with friendstream, I do not use it but like to have the option if I ever wanted to.

Simply not activating the facebook/twitter/flickr accounts does the trick for me.

Hm... If you don't use, why do u need this crap?

That's stupid principle to say, hm, i don't need it now, but let it be.

After some time such crap comes together and ur phone will merge to junkyard =)))

Guest Mikael1711

Hi there....

I have baked and flashed the r8 ROM, but I cant see the HTC widgets? Coin, Dice, etc.... I have tried to wipe and reflash, but that doesent help. I can see in Titaniumbackup that they are there, but they dont show up in my app drawer....

Any ideas?

/Mikael

Guest spiry2sick

I have flashed the latest r8 over the second edition with a Dalvik cache clean only. I seem to have a bogus htc widget named false which crashes Rosie.

Apart from that, noticed some connectivity issues with 3G and 2G data connections but I am not 100% sure they are related to the ROM (although getting 403 errors from www.google.com is highly unlikely).

For the first half an hour after flashing and rebooting the handset twice I had a weird little icon appearing in the notification bar. It looked like a phone handset above a brick wall. It has disappeared now but I could not find any references to it in the phone docs. It this Open VPN related?

Apart from that, fast, stable and hight quality.

Thanks for regular releases!

Guest knudsen81
Hi there....

I have baked and flashed the r8 ROM, but I cant see the HTC widgets? Coin, Dice, etc.... I have tried to wipe and reflash, but that doesent help. I can see in Titaniumbackup that they are there, but they dont show up in my app drawer....

Any ideas?

/Mikael

They are widget for you home press menu add widget there you find them

Guest VirusUK

Hey guys Android noob here so I hope someone can help me.

I just rooted my phone with unrevoked 3 then installed pauls r5 prebaked and everything went very smooth and im really loving the phone now but the only problem Im having is when i use the default camcorder at any resolution is crashes the phone after a few seconds and forces it to restart? Was wondering if anyone who maybe has had the same problem could give me a bit of advice?

Thanks again for the awesome ROMs.

Guest impolyt
Hello! First of all, I'd like to congratulate Paul for the great work he has done on HTC Desire, I love his ROMs.

Also, I want to install "Super Circle Battery" from XDA-Developers (the post is http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724778), but it doesn't seem to have a specific version for r8. Can I just install the last one for MCR?

Yes you can!

Guest PandaKiller

I have installed framework-res-MDC_r7_WIP-signed.zip on my r8 and no problem :D

Edited by PandaKiller

Guest spiry2sick
I have installed framework-res-MDC_r7_WIP-signed.zip on my r8 and no problem :D

I have used the framework-res_OFHS_v1.0b-signed.zip

Which is for stock official froyo htc sense. It works great with r8

and does not have the quite "ugly" color icons for wifi and 3g connectivity.

I rebake R8, and i have some problems:

2.I have one song with pic', and in the music app all the songs with the same pic'! why?

To be honest I saw this on my official stock UK Vodafone v2.1 Desire rom where some of the mp3 files with no pictures would show pictures from previously played mp3 files with pictures.....

Edited by twe

Hey guys Android noob here so I hope someone can help me.

I just rooted my phone with unrevoked 3 then installed pauls r5 prebaked and everything went very smooth and im really loving the phone now but the only problem Im having is when i use the default camcorder at any resolution is crashes the phone after a few seconds and forces it to restart? Was wondering if anyone who maybe has had the same problem could give me a bit of advice?

Thanks again for the awesome ROMs.

This is a common problem, you need to install the latest radio. I found it over at XDA

Latest Radio

Edited by pd555

Guest VirusUK
This is a common problem, you need to install the latest radio. I found it over at XDA

Latest Radio

Thanks for the info - do I need to install a specific radio or just the newest version for HTC Desire? thanks again.

Guest DarthOps

Anyone else having problems installing an R8 baked rom? I'm getting a

E: Missing file:

system/customize/MNS/425.xml

E: Verification failed

error :D

Guest FatherD

I posted here the version C supercircle with no funny coloured icons! .. enjoy :D

Guest woti17
Sure, there are some peeps who use it, but to leave it by default included without removing option... Somehow it's really hard.

Btw, there are some alternatives which they can use.

maybe leave it in as default

and make the last section "experts/change only when you know what you do" or whatever to exclude it

btw: i would like the option to exclude it too, whereever it is

w

Guest z7x8c9
Yep, they all work fine for me!

They don't for me... Facebook photo contact sync doesn't work with official Facebook app installed from the market or baked in the ROM. All I get are duplicated contacts....

Guest woti17
It perfectly works!

BTW, is there any way to directly reboot in recovery mode? I check the busybox reboot parameters but nothing regarding this specific device feature...

Cheers

to you mean in or into recovery mode?

anyway, for me it seems a bit dangerous to use the command for now

a few questions still apply:

does it disonnect from network first

does it shutdown applications and save data

does it sync to sdcard

does it unmount device

does it halt system

or is it just a soft-reset like a reset button on a pc?

cheers

Guest vfrvulcan
I posted here the version C supercircle with no funny coloured icons! .. enjoy :D

Any chance you can do the same again *with* the funny coloured icons please?

Cheers

Aaron