MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dareal

Paul, i tried to connect my phone to app inventor again, but it wont connect.

now it has a better error description, it said "pkg: /data/local/tmp/AppInventorPhoneApp.apk faulire [iNSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]"

can you fix this or is this an appinventor glitch? (usb debug is enabled when i try to connect)

thanks for your help!

Edited by dareal

Guest Catscrash

just flashed this, using ROM Manager, i came from DeVillain and did a full wipe...

Now the starting takes 40min already, nothing happens, i also tried pulling the battery and restarted, same again... any advices?

Guest shadamehr
I have one issue (so far) that I noticed after fashing r8, and not remember seenig in other roms:

I had set an unlock pattern in security in r7, after upgrading to r8 (and restore with titanium backup) it still asks for a pattern but accepts anything, even a single tap

Could be an issue with the rom, or caused bu TB (although I hadn't seen it before).

I only noticed this last night myself - as it's obviously hard to notice IF you are putting the 'correct' pattern in.

SO BE WARNED EVERYONE...

Your Unlock Pattern might actually accept ANYTHING.

You can fix this though, by going into Security Settings, and setting it up again in there.

Then it will ONLY accept the correct pattern!

-

Guest impolyt
I only noticed this last night myself - as it's obviously hard to notice IF you are putting the 'correct' pattern in.

SO BE WARNED EVERYONE...

Your Unlock Pattern might actually accept ANYTHING.

You can fix this though, by going into Security Settings, and setting it up again in there.

Then it will ONLY accept the correct pattern!

-

thx man, just fixed this issue on mine :D

Guest MacCarron
I'll compile up CFS myself, but in the meantime, you could use a custom ingredients zip to include it in your ROMs.

P

Already done :D. Thanks for taking an interest in the matter! :D

@shadamehr wow thanks for the heads up mate!

Edited by MacCarron

Guest shadamehr

Two other issues I am seeing though, with the build from yesterday I did...

1) Using Handcent, messages from myself, make the LED light up but only for a couple of seconds. Pressing the "Test your notification settings" option, the LED doesn't light up at all. But messages that arrive from other people, seem to work fine. I have RESET any customisation on my own contact settings though so it isn't that. Unsure if this is a Handcent bug not liking FroYo, or if it's specific to Paul's ROM or how I baked it.

2) When I go to update apps in the Android Market, when it finds MULTIPLE updatees, if I click update all, they invaribaly ALWAYS fail. I NEVER had this before now, and r8. Individual Manual Installs are then needed to install the apps. And I'm not talking baout those that actually need a Manual install because of permission changes either - these are Apps that should be able to self install. Could the Market Speed Up Script be the culprit...?

Thanks for the info - do I need to install a specific radio or just the newest version for HTC Desire? thanks again.

Just install the latest radio 5.09... if you haven't already.

Lets see if I can explain...

On a de-odexd rom the Dalvik VM run's the dex optimise process on first boot, meaning you have a un-optimised dex (.dex inside the apk/jar) file in the APK/Jar files and a optimised dex (.odex) file in the dalvik-cache meaning more space is used, on a odexd rom this optimise process is already done, meaning the dex files don't need need to be optimised on boot so don't get stored in the dalvik-cache, leaving more space.

Also once a apk/jar has been optimised you can't swap out (theme) the resources of it without first de-odexing it.

Think that covers it :D

Thanks for that, I think it makes sense! :D

Guest lamdin

Hello Paul

Flashed the r8 this morning using the ROM Manager with no problems at all...

Thanks for your great work!

If there is a way to customize the emergency call numbers (when the lock screen is activated) please let us know

Thanks

Saul

Guest EddyOS
Anyone?

I'd always say it's good practice to wipe before any ROM flash, means there's less to go wrong (although it does mean starting again). I always wipe before flashing a new ROM but I only use about 4 apps so it's not too big a deal

You keep asking the same questions.

All but one have been answered in this thread, i'll summarize:

A: Known bug, you left out some part of Sense when baking.

B: This is to annoy you.

C: Known bug, find Pauls answer a few pages back.

D: Paul doesn't want to modify the framework, which is what the battery mod is, so NO.

E: Whenever it's finished.

Now, please stop repeating the same questions.

To be honest I saw this on my official stock UK Vodafone v2.1 Desire rom where some of the mp3 files with no pictures would show pictures from previously played mp3 files with pictures.....

I kind of answered the 2nd one that it was happening in my original 2.1 rom, so not sure if others are getting it in 2.2 though?

Guest acrickie
Anyone?

I updated from R6 to R7 then to R8 without wiping and had no problems - I don't think there are ever any guarantees and I think you will find if you search through the thread Paul has already said a wipe is not specifically required - but if yu do get problems then try wiping before reporting any issues.

Hiho

Is there a way renaming the Flashlight/Torch.apk for de-DE from "Blitzlicht" (which means a kind of flash for making photos) to "Taschenlampe"?

Hmm... Slightly OT but Paul has build in a change for en-XY areas into kitchen.

Loozaa

DONE! :D

P

Guest LouiS22
Two other issues I am seeing though, with the build from yesterday I did...

1) Using Handcent, messages from myself, make the LED light up but only for a couple of seconds. Pressing the "Test your notification settings" option, the LED doesn't light up at all. But messages that arrive from other people, seem to work fine. I have RESET any customisation on my own contact settings though so it isn't that. Unsure if this is a Handcent bug not liking FroYo, or if it's specific to Paul's ROM or how I baked it.

2) When I go to update apps in the Android Market, when it finds MULTIPLE updatees, if I click update all, they invaribaly ALWAYS fail. I NEVER had this before now, and r8. Individual Manual Installs are then needed to install the apps. And I'm not talking baout those that actually need a Manual install because of permission changes either - these are Apps that should be able to self install. Could the Market Speed Up Script be the culprit...?

Hm, Handcent is ok here, I'm using the blue led.

I've noticed the market "issue" today morning, when I wanted to update Facebook and RomManager. Both failed, then I had to do it manually.