MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jamien

Battery issue still happening.

Plugged in at 91%, unplugged near straight away and it was reporting 100%.

I'm thinking this could be due to being mounted as a disk drive

Guest Heppieboeddah

Tried to change the bootanimation with ADB

adb push bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource/

File was copyed but no new bootscreen.

I am able to see the bootanimation.zip in /system/customize and /data/local

Did i overlook something?

Guest zombiefly

Hi! I've just got my desire and have installed r8 on it. My SD card is partitioned for apps2sd (from my hero). Can someone please explain how a2sd works with r8? :D

If I don't select apps2sd in the kitchen and leave both ticks off, will i get the standard "move to sd" in the manage applications screen? See the first time I didnt select and apps2sd options in the kitchen and I couldn't move any apps to the sd.

If I do select one of the apps2sd options in the kitchen, how do I know its working?

What are the differences between the 2 methods (froyo vs the 2 scripts) and which one is best to use?

I have no idea if its working or not. Just looking for some clarity.

Thanks for this 2.2 desire rom! Was very annoying to move from 2.2 (hero) to 2.1 (t-mobile desire). It's pathetic that t-mob ALWAYS lag behind on these updates.

Edited by zombiefly

Guest dchuraman

also, since i installed r8, gmail was working fine, no wipe and no clearing of data needed. Now i just updated a load of apps using update all, and Gmail is force closing constantly, cant use it

A brief question,

I see that by default the 802.11N WiFi support is disabled in the kitchen.

Is that due to batterylife? - or are there other negative backdrafts connected to enabeling support?

bests

./dw9

Edited by dw9

also, since i installed r8, gmail was working fine, no wipe and no clearing of data needed. Now i just updated a load of apps using update all, and Gmail is force closing constantly, cant use it

Update all doesn't work for me on R5 either

Guest kevinof

I tried it first without a wipe and ended up with zero space free and lots of other issues. Did a wipe and all went well. Installed Titanium and do a batch backup of apps and data and you're (almost) all set.

Anyone?

Guest Gaspedal

Found a bug in R7 and R8 ! After WakeUp of my Phone, I have lost the "pinch to zoom" function on all apps (incl. Sense) !. Only an reboot can help you.

This happens sometimes.. I use the Trackball WakeUp.

Edited by Gaspedal

Guest ferryrich
I tried it first without a wipe and ended up with zero space free and lots of other issues. Did a wipe and all went well. Installed Titanium and do a batch backup of apps and data and you're (almost) all set.

When I ended up with zero free space on the SD card, I just copied everything off it to PC, formatted the SD, then copied everything back.

No need to wipe and everythings been great.

Guest dareal
Found a bug in R7 and R8 ! After WakeUp of my Phone, I have lost the "pinch to zoom" function on all apps (incl. Sense) !. Only an reboot can help you.

This happens sometimes.. I use the Trackball WakeUp.

did you change your input method (or it maybe a problem with trackpoint, dunno)? because its a known bug in the stock roms (if you change your input method then you must reboot to get beck your pinch zoom function)

in modaco roms pinch zoom is working fine for me, i dont use the modified wake up functions.

Guest Jerry13
Anyone else got the stock contacts search bug? Hit search while in contacts, put in your search term and nothing happens.

Yeah I got that on R7. Very annoying but I wonder if it is an HTC bug as opposed to being specific to Paul's roms.

Guest indyjones

Tried r8 this morning and it broke album art for me, (was an over the top update from r7). So I rolled back to r7 which seems to of broken the superuser program :D this means i can use clockworkmod to restore my nandriod back up. Oh well will have to run it from the pc tonight.

Guest scared
Tried r8 this morning and it broke album art for me, (was an over the top update from r7). So I rolled back to r7 which seems to of broken the superuser program :D this means i can use clockworkmod to restore my nandriod back up. Oh well will have to run it from the pc tonight.

Can't you use fake-flash to run ClockworkMod Recovery? That shouldn't need Super User app to work as it is loaded even before the ROM loads, AFAIK.

Edited by scared

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
Can't you use fake-flash to run ClockworkMod Recovery?

The problem is that the superuser was updated in r8 which if you go back to anything earlier without wiping will cause conflicts. I discovered this myself flashing back to R5, you have to use the fake flash as scared suggested.

Guest venturerider

Can`t you boot into recovery by powering on the phone while holding the "back" button?

Guest jeandujardin
How is the battery life on this r8?

way better than R7, i disabled Wifi N and even noticed a better reception.

@Paul

is the HTC wallpaper & "learn more" icon fixed yet please ?