MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bisonator

Hi Paul

Great ROM. Thanks!

One issue after full wipe and install of r8 WIP I found that Gmail Unread Count didn't like the new Gmail 2.2.1 version. Every time I tried to add the widget to my home screen, it just FC'd. I re-baked with the stock FRF91 2.2 Gmail version, wiped and re-flashed and it works fine. (Guess this might be an issue for the app dev rather than yourself but mentioning it anyway.)

p.s. not seeing the battery drain others experiencing with this ROM, seems fine to me. I have baked the option to disable Wireless-N btw.

Cheers

Guest Cee-Bot

I've been having battery drain. But I just installed SetCPU and have managed to achieve only a 25% loss in 6 hours and thats with wifi enabled the whole time. Which is better than I usually get :-)

I am jealous of these people who manage to get 2 days out of their battery!

(forgot to add: I have NOT included wifi N)

Edited by Cee-Bot

Guest planeth

Hi.

I have a question about a2sd: How do I get it to work?

I read in a partition guide, that you should partition before flashing a new ROM.

I partitioned my sd card, using ROM Manager (512 mb partition + 64 mb linux swap)

After that I wiped and flashed my phone with modaco r8, brewed in kitchen, including a2sd.

Now I have no clue what to do. There is no a2sd-app on my phone, and I can't find one on neither market, nor www.

I don't know if I need an app, or is that not how it works? I have asked several people that use a2sd, and are very happy about it, but none of them are able to tell me if they start an app or anything to use it, or in any way help me any further. How they can use a2sd and not have a clue how it works, or even if they start an app, is a mystery to me.

Can anyone help me to get to chose which apps to install on sd?

Or at least somehow enlighten me, just a little bit... For example by telling me if I need an app, and where to find the .apk.

Thanks in advance.

Guest KingDan
Paul I found some bugs in R8:

A. When i connect the phone to the computer, the weather disappear from the world clock.

B.I have one song with pic', and in the music app all the songs with the same pic'! why?

C.When i bake me new rom, i didnt select Disable sound, and still i dont have sound when i'm turn on the phon. why?

D. can you add to the kitchen the circle better mod?

E.when you release the full version of R8?

Can you fix it? I very need good rom and no bugs

I'd figure we all want a working ROM, but all software will have bugs even if it appears that it doesn't...

Guest DiscoHero

I've been using R8 for a couple of days now (haven't flashed the latest fixes/tweaks) and I can't find any fault with this ROM. Perfect. Had a couple of FCs with Astrid but that's about it. Thanks Paul.

Guest Vulpix

Okay, I have no idea what to do now. I tried flashing my phone with Peep in it, and for some reason, Peep doesn't show up. I can't see the widget or anything, nor can I see the application anywhere. I tried rebaking the ROM twice, and flashing it, but it still does not appear. Anyone wants to tell me what to do?

Guest Diggedy
2) When I go to update apps in the Android Market, when it finds MULTIPLE updatees, if I click update all, they invaribaly ALWAYS fail. I NEVER had this before now, and r8. Individual Manual Installs are then needed to install the apps. And I'm not talking baout those that actually need a Manual install because of permission changes either - these are Apps that should be able to self install. Could the Market Speed Up Script be the culprit...?

ive had this since 3.1 and I dont use the script. Ive never managed to figure it out so I either reboot and try again and eventually they all install or go to the download folder and manually install the apk from there

Edited by Diggedy

Guest Noonski
How is the battery life on this r8?

9 Hours since this morning, 1 hour Music through BT Stereo and only got my mail once. 75% now.

Pretty good compared to R7.

I could do Update all in market.

I hope Facebook has fixed the duplicate Contacts issue.

Edited by Noonski

Guest Noonski

@Paul

You have two bootanimations in the bake.

One in \system\customize\

And on in \system\customize\resorce\

And QuickLookup.apk is still in there with Quick Office disabled.

Edited by Noonski

way better than R7, i disabled Wifi N and even noticed a better reception.

@Paul

is the HTC wallpaper & "learn more" icon fixed yet please ?

No, they're next on the list. :D

P

@Paul

You have two bootanimations in the bake.

One in \system\customize\

And on in \system\customize\resorce\

And QuickLookup.apk is still in there with Quick Office disabled.

Removed the dupe.

I've not looked inside QuickLookup.apk yet, is it definitely part of Quick Office? I'll investigate.

P

Guest Noonski
Removed the dupe.

I've not looked inside QuickLookup.apk yet, is it definitely part of Quick Office? I'll investigate.

P

Your right, its the Wiki pedia and such lookup.

Was also Checking my stupidity..

Guest ZeDDiE

Hi all.

Is there anyone else having problems with the 'YouTube' player, almost every time I try to load a video it fails after a couple of attempts it usually loads but not allways. This is both on wifi and over a good 3G signal.