MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jagdish
Also when plugged in to the charger i get to 99% and it says charging i never get to 100% and full.

notice that if you unplug your handset and plug right back the 99% would then change to 100%...

Edited by Jagdish

Guest tommo123
Can be possible add Super Circle Battery to the kitchen?

ooh, good call

how about custom boot screens? the kitchen on xda can do it now, but i want to stick with these roms

Guest Gozno

didn't realize this had moved to another thread before now, lol.

I still have trouble when I connect to it doesn ask me what connection type I want. I have to manually select it from the "Connect to PC" settings.. And it takes forever to connect/disconnet when plugging in USB. And the weather widget / clock bugs when doing it. sometimes I have to re-add the weather widget to make it work.

edit: why did the thread move anyway?

edit2: clearing weather data and removing the one app I hadd on froyo-a2sd seam to have reduced mount/umount times and removing the weather-bug:)

Edited by Gozno

Guest tommo123
didn't realize this had moved to another thread before now, lol.

I still have trouble when I connect to it doesn ask me what connection type I want. I have to manually select it from the "Connect to PC" settings.. And it takes forever to connect/disconnet when plugging in USB. And the weather widget / clock bugs when doing it. sometimes I have to re-add the weather widget to make it work.

edit: why did the thread move anyway?

edit2: clearing weather data and removing the one app I hadd on froyo-a2sd seam to have reduced mount/umount times and removing the weather-bug:)

last thread was for r5, this is r6 (took me a while to find this thread too)

anyways,

is there a way to use setcpu with this rom? want to try and improve battery life

Guest Nephisto

Seems my phone reebots sometime during the night because in the morning i have to enter my pin to be able to shut down the alarm, happened to nights in a row now.. Anyone getting this? Using htc lock screen and htc clock if that matters. Also did a full wipe before going over to r6 from r5.

Guest carbo20
hey paul, small request if possible

since /system/ is partially odexed for this rom we can't insert RTL correction for numbers, could you maybe insert the files for us (hebrew and arabic speakers) or add an option to include it in the kitchen?

I've included the files just incase

would be much appreciated!

+1

It will make our life much easier.

Guest inigoml

As usual, great ROM. Fully functional and fully working.

I've upgraded from r3.1 (2.1) to r5 and from r5 to r6 and everything is working like a charm. No wipes required.

However, to minor issues:

- With lastest RADIOS (32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 and 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08) HSDPA / 3G download speed was incredible slow (only 44Kbps). Upload speed was right (1.4Mbps). After reverting to 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 download speed normalized to 3Mbps, as usual.

- I'm missing openvpn support. tun.ko is not included (at least not in /system/lib/modules) neither openvpn binaries. Any plan to include them in online kitchen?

Thanks in advance, Paul.

Guest ffoo3d
Changelog

r6 WIP 12:00 23/Jul

• Now includes standard Android contacts app as an option
  • Additional Trackball Wake option (now has a dedicated group in the kitchen)
  • Changes to Rosie to allow compatability with HTC provided widgets (hopefully)

Is there a way to add Google E-Mail App from standard Froyo too? (choice is nice).

Guest for.digit

since /system/ is partially odexed for this rom we can't insert RTL correction for numbers, could you maybe insert the files for us (hebrew and arabic speakers) or add an option to include it in the kitchen?

+1

Guest GuyEli

+1

Guest Aiuspaktyn
Changelog

• Additional Trackball Wake option (now has a dedicated group in the kitchen)
  • Changes to Rosie to allow compatability with HTC provided widgets (hopefully)

Hi Paul, maybe you can add this fix to your roms: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/314...ination/page/0/

:(

Edited by Aiuspaktyn

Guest paeaeppae
hi, one little hint. what most user believe is, that taskkiller saves battery. that is a big fault! when a taskkiller kills processes in the background, they needed to start again when the system or the user needs them and THAT drains more battery then let them run as a sleep process in background. this is diskussed several times in the i-net so you can check the meaning off others who now how unix systems handle background processes. a unix/linux operatiing system has a very good prozess management an running prozesses don't need much systemresoucrces.

so hint from me, deinstall the taskkiller :(

Thanks for the hint - but I've got my phone configured pretty efficiently at the moment.

I've read all that stuff about task killers (which is all true), and the way I have it configured is like this:

- all standard android / HTC process are ignored

- apps that need to remain open are ignored

- apps or processes that continue to reopen when killed are ignored

The only things that get killed are the apps that remain open when not required. Things like the web browser, standard game apps, reference apps, etc.

Like you said - as long as you're not killing stuff that will reopen anyway, then it's perfect. Just takes a lot of trial & testing.

For me - Juice Defender & Advanced Task Killer Pro are the bomb!

Anyone else agree with me?

+1

For all Hebrew and Arabic speakers ! :(

Guest ygala

This will be really appreciated since I also need it. I can cook in the kitchen the new rom but the RTL is missing.

Regards,

Ygal

Do you have 720p video recording with the last radio and 2.06 based rom ?

edit : it was the encoding setting . H264 does not have 720p option. Just the Mpeg4 :(

Edited by Rust

Guest atconc

anyone else having problems with vibrate for notifications on R6? Mine isn't vibrating for email or SMS notifications (gmail and SMS popup) but is vibrating for phone calls. Issue wasn't there on R4 and did a full wipe before R6.

Guest Jwalk
This will be really appreciated since I also need it. I can cook in the kitchen the new rom but the RTL is missing.

Regards,

Ygal

+1 for the arabic/Hebrew support

Guest EricGolan
+1 for the arabic/Hebrew support

tbh i was waiting and waiting , and then i decided to update to r6 from r5 .

hebrew works perfect , nothing changed realy but stability and small features :(

as usual amazing work from paul

Guest Erez Tavor
tbh i was waiting and waiting , and then i decided to update to r6 from r5 .

hebrew works perfect , nothing changed realy but stability and small features :(

as usual amazing work from paul

this means that you see hebrew fro right to left?

Guest h0mer_
Changelog

THIS!

The HTC contact app and dialler is crap! Going to cook up a ROM and see what it looks like.

Also will run LauncherPro, as I don't like Rosie either.

I do like the camera app in the HTC release, compared to the generic android, as the photos look so much better, can focus on parts of the frame with the finger, and the photo is bigger. The generic android doesn't fill the frame... As a counter though, the generic android's image file numbering schema is much more sensible, with the date taken being incorporated in the name, as opposed to HTC imgxxxx.jpg - pretty lacking really.

Anyways, off to the kitchen to cook up some goodness :(

Thanks Paul.