MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Vulpix
It happens now and again! :D

P

Any idea why for the life of me I can't seem to get Peep in my phone? I flashed a couple of times and still don't see Peep in my phone... And yes, I am 101% sure I selected it as well, since I baked again today and made sure it was checked.

Guest rameses
I updated from R6 to R7 then to R8 without wiping and had no problems - I don't think there are ever any guarantees and I think you will find if you search through the thread Paul has already said a wipe is not specifically required - but if yu do get problems then try wiping before reporting any issues.

I updated from R7 to R8 without a wipe and found a lot of small niggley issues. I did a wipe and reflashed R8 and all was fine.

I have loads of apps installed though, so before wiping/ flashing I bought the full version of Titanium Back Up and backed up my apps. After the reflash Titanium will reinstall everything in one big batch, without it (or with the free version) apps have to be installed one at a time.

Well worth $3.99 (or approx £2.50). BEST APP EVER!!! (Does loads more too.)

Edited by rameses

Guest persko
I updated from R7 to R8 without a wipe and found a lot of small niggley issues. I did a wipe and reflashed R8 and all was fine.

I have loads of apps installed though, so before wiping/ flashing I bought the full version of Titanium Back Up and backed up my apps. After the reflash Titanium will reinstall everything in one big batch, without it (or with the free version) apps have to be installed one at a time.

Well worth $3.99 (or approx £2.50). BEST APP EVER!!! (Does loads more too.)

Or support Modaco by bying a modaco plus account, and get Titanium Backup as a bonus :D

Per

Guest gianton
Removed the dupe.

I've not looked inside QuickLookup.apk yet, is it definitely part of Quick Office? I'll investigate.

P

Should we keep both bootanimation.zip in the ROM?

Guest Noonski

For those wondering.

Bootscreen is fixed, and also HTC Wallpapers.

Me a happy Camper, looks like this is going to be even better then it already was.

You can safely remove the one in \system\customize\

As long as you leave one in \system\customize\resource

So you don't need to rebake and strain the server.

Edited by Noonski

Guest gianton
For those wondering.

Bootscreen is fixed, and also HTC Wallpapers.

Me a happy Camper, looks like this is going to be even better then it already was.

You can safely remove the one in \system\customize\

As long as you leave one in \system\customize\resource

So you don't need to rebake and strain the server.

I did that and got the "android" bootscreen. Will rebake and see...

Guest franciswills

I updated to r8 this morning and now when I install google maps it disappears after a reboot. Anyone else seen anything like this?

Apart from that everything is working great - thanks.

Guest Heppieboeddah
/system/customize/resource IS where it lives. You pushed while in recovery mode and after doing 'adb shell mount /system' right?

P

Yep, did do it in the recovery. System was mounted. Looks like the good bootanimation.zip is in /system/customize/recource but no change @boot.

Anyway to do it in a terminal on the phone?

Guest shadamehr
Not on this page he didn't :D

Anyone know what FB have fixed?

'Scroll back up' is a figure of speech for 'check back through the posts'.

Might have been the page before, or even the one before that, but he had already covered it.

:-)

Guest shadamehr
handcent led notification doesnt work for me. selected blue fast, but only get standard green slow for a few seconds

Pleased it's not just me then - but can't say for sure it's definitely Paul's ROM that's the cause, as like I say, my issues are 'weird'...

Test option, produces NO LED illumination.

Message from myself (with settings Reset to default ones), produces a brief LED illumination that goes off.

But messages from anyone else, come in proper and illuminate the LED Blue solid, as per my choice (well it's BLINK actually, but it's never actually blinked for me ever, just remained solid - starting to think more and more it's still a Handcent issue, as the developer has brought literally LOADS of versions out trying to sort the Desire LED issue - that was never actually an issue for me, until he released a 'fix').

Guest shadamehr
Hi Paul

Great ROM. Thanks!

One issue after full wipe and install of r8 WIP I found that Gmail Unread Count didn't like the new Gmail 2.2.1 version. Every time I tried to add the widget to my home screen, it just FC'd. I re-baked with the stock FRF91 2.2 Gmail version, wiped and re-flashed and it works fine. (Guess this might be an issue for the app dev rather than yourself but mentioning it anyway.)

p.s. not seeing the battery drain others experiencing with this ROM, seems fine to me. I have baked the option to disable Wireless-N btw.

Cheers

Don't know what happened to my own text when I originally posted this, but jsut to say that I too gave up on "Gmail Unread Message Count" as it does indeed seem it has issue with Gmail 2.2.1

Most of the time it works fine, other times I get FC's, or the Widget doesn't change to an actual counter on my Homescreen etc.

So gave up, until Developer can fix, as I too reckon this is the issue...

Edited by shadamehr

Guest shadamehr
ive had this since 3.1 and I dont use the script. Ive never managed to figure it out so I either reboot and try again and eventually they all install or go to the download folder and manually install the apk from there

3.1 of what mate, thanks...?

Guest Entreated
Pleased it's not just me then - but can't say for sure it's definitely Paul's ROM that's the cause, as like I say, my issues are 'weird'...

Test option, produces NO LED illumination.

Message from myself (with settings Reset to default ones), produces a brief LED illumination that goes off.

But messages from anyone else, come in proper and illuminate the LED Blue solid, as per my choice (well it's BLINK actually, but it's never actually blinked for me ever, just remained solid - starting to think more and more it's still a Handcent issue, as the developer has brought literally LOADS of versions out trying to sort the Desire LED issue - that was never actually an issue for me, until he released a 'fix').

Your not alone with the handcent led issues, test led has never worked for me either and messages from others is just a solid colour, but then again this has never bothered me, but would be good to have it fixed xD

Guest vfrvulcan
Trying to work one up, but have little experience, if I manage it I will post in the supercircle thread :D

Many thanks!

Just trawled the last 6 pages to catch up went over to your SuperCircle thread to find that you've done it already, will d/l in a mo.

Cheers

Aaron

Guest benj.vd

Hi,

Where's the kitchen?

I baked a Froyo ROM for my Desire a couple weeks ago, maybe DeFrost or Cyanogen or whatever, and now I'd like to bake another one, probably R8, but there's no way I can find the link to the kitchen.

Thx for your help,

/b

Guest gianton
Hi,

Where's the kitchen?

I baked a Froyo ROM for my Desire a couple weeks ago, maybe DeFrost or Cyanogen or whatever, and now I'd like to bake another one, probably R8, but there's no way I can find the link to the kitchen.

Thx for your help,

/b

You have to become an AdFree member or Modaco Plus in order to have access the Bake.

Edited by gianton