MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest djk314
Hi,

Just upgraded from R5 to R8. I now seem to be having difficulty with the compass and using Google Sky Map. It always seems to point south.

Anybody else?

Thanks

+1 but no upgrade from R5, new wiped one. It work but need time to stabilise.

Also symlink for ads doesn't work :

delete SYSTEM:etc/hosts

symlink /data/etc/hosts SYSTEM:etc/hosts

Symlinked it in recovery with adb pointing to /data/data/hosts and now it work fine.

Edited by djk314

Guest dodolom

I asked this a few pages back but didn't get any response and I decided to look into it myself but still can't find the solution.

So, I baked the HTC widgets in as well and flashed the rom but when I go to add widgets from the main page, it doesn't show them. Then, I go into SETTINGS/APPLICATIONS/ALL APPLICATIONS, they show all those widgets there...So, how do I activate them? I mean add them onto one of my 7 HTC sense pages?

Thnx

Guest scared

Just a question: isn't Froyo supposed to include Bluetooth Voice Dialling?

I have the rooted Official Froyo Rom that Paul provided installed. However, I can't seem to get it working with Bluetooth voice dialling.

Will R8 resolve this problem?

Thanks!

Guest Jamien

If anyone else was having the battery issue (reporting full when it wasn't, etc) I was still having this issue last night.

Backed up all my user data/apps then did a full wipe and reflashed with the same version of r8 that I had on before.

Seems to have fixed it so far.

Can give me an address of the paypal madaco because had to take back the zalung and would like to re-book now know überweißen but not the recipient address! please help

Guest tigris666
Backed up all my user data/apps then did a full wipe and reflashed with the same version of r8 that I had on before.

G'day Jamien, are you able to explain the backup/restore process for user data/apps? I'm sure it's relatively simple?

Guest jeandujardin

@BTK12 take back the WHAT ?! lol

if you want an ad free or MCD Plus to be able to use the ROM kitchen just go to Your control panel --> Subscriptions Control Panel select what you want and it will guide you to paypal

@Tigris666 you could use either Titanium Backup or Mybackup

@Scared Voice dialing worked for me via bluetooth with R8 (long press on MFB) try it out could depend on your headset too

Guest dodolom

I don't know if this was brought up before and I know it might be a bit off topic but whenever I set up my alarm from the Clock app, I have to manually power off my phone for it to shut up. Basically, the alarm goes off at the time it's set for but once it starts ringing, it doesn't give me the option to SNOOZE or to STOP, nothing on the screen. It just plays the alarm sound and I have to power off the phone, otherwise it just keeps going.

I am sure I can use other apps but I was curious as to why this happens.

Guest RevoWution
I don't know if this was brought up before and I know it might be a bit off topic but whenever I set up my alarm from the Clock app, I have to manually power off my phone for it to shut up. Basically, the alarm goes off at the time it's set for but once it starts ringing, it doesn't give me the option to SNOOZE or to STOP, nothing on the screen. It just plays the alarm sound and I have to power off the phone, otherwise it just keeps going.

I am sure I can use other apps but I was curious as to why this happens.

Did you bake your ROM with HTC Sense and/or the HTC lockscreen?

I think for you to be able to snooze/turn off the alarm, you need the HTC lockscreen.

Guest scared
@BTK12 take back the WHAT ?! lol

if you want an ad free or MCD Plus to be able to use the ROM kitchen just go to Your control panel --> Subscriptions Control Panel select what you want and it will guide you to paypal

@Scared Voice dialing worked for me via bluetooth with R8 (long press on MFB) try it out could depend on your headset too

I haven't flashed R8 yet. I have the stock (but rooted) Froyo ROM as of now, and am using a Jabra BT2080 headset. I have installed the latest Voice Dialer APKs that Paul provided in one of his posts and saw that Voice Dialing from the phone directly seems to work. However, when I long-press the Headset button, nothing.

Any clues? Was Bluetooth Dialing something that was included only in the R8 and was missing from Stock?

Guest dodolom
Did you bake your ROM with HTC Sense and/or the HTC lockscreen?

I think for you to be able to snooze/turn off the alarm, you need the HTC lockscreen.

Ah, that's the problem then. I chose not to get the HTC Lockscreen. I guess I will just use some other alarm apps.

Thnx man

Guest tigris666

Thanks jeandujardin, i installed Titanium Backup from marketplace, backed up, baked a new ROM from kitchen making sure to bake in Titanium Backup. Upon flashing new ROM, I don't see the app installed? Shall I just install from marketplace again?

Edited by tigris666

Guest Jamien
G'day Jamien, are you able to explain the backup/restore process for user data/apps? I'm sure it's relatively simple?

I usually do two backups just to be absolutely sure. One Nandroid and one Titanium Backup.

Thanks jeandujardin, i installed Titanium Backup from marketplace, baked a new ROM from kitchen making sure to bake in Titanium Backup. Upon flashing new ROM, I don't see the app installed? Shall I just install from marketplace again?

If it's not in the list then just download it from the Market Place.

The icon you're looking for is a bright yellow starburst with a big "Ti" in the middle.

When you open it up it will possibly give you a warning about not having USB debugging ticked.

After that it MAY give you the warning that you don't have busybox installed. If you don't then press "Problems", then "Yes, do it" and it will download Busybox for you.

Once that's done go into Backup/Restore, menu -> Batch

Usually I select the "Backup all user apps + system data" batch. Pressing RUN to the left of one of those options will take you to a page which lets you select which apps you want to back up. Hit "Run the batch operation" and it will back everything up for you.

Once that's done if you need to restore it's basically the same thing but you scroll down a bit on the "Backup/Restore" tab until you see "Restore missing apps + all system data".

The last restore I did I only restored my custom apps and their data, then restored the system data only for the rest as I didn't want to overwrite any system apps with possibly older/corrupt ones from my previous install.

I'm not sure if it's a bad idea to overwrite the system app data with backup data, but so far it hasn't had any issues.

Guest tigris666
I usually do two backups just to be absolutely sure. One Nandroid and one Titanium Backup.

If it's not in the list then just download it from the Market Place.

The icon you're looking for is a bright yellow starburst with a big "Ti" in the middle.

When you open it up it will possibly give you a warning about not having USB debugging ticked.

After that it MAY give you the warning that you don't have busybox installed. If you don't then press "Problems", then "Yes, do it" and it will download Busybox for you.

Once that's done go into Backup/Restore, menu -> Batch

Usually I select the "Backup all user apps + system data" batch. Pressing RUN to the left of one of those options will take you to a page which lets you select which apps you want to back up. Hit "Run the batch operation" and it will back everything up for you.

Once that's done if you need to restore it's basically the same thing but you scroll down a bit on the "Backup/Restore" tab until you see "Restore missing apps + all system data".

The last restore I did I only restored my custom apps and their data, then restored the system data only for the rest as I didn't want to overwrite any system apps with possibly older/corrupt ones from my previous install.

I'm not sure if it's a bad idea to overwrite the system app data with backup data, but so far it hasn't had any issues.

All done. Thanks peeps. I was just curious as to why Titanium Backup wasn't in my app list since I specifically baked it in, to get the enhanced version modaco offers. A little annoyed at clicking install/done once each for every app it restored but oh well.

I notice it's semi-restored my alarms, in that when i view the clock i can see the "next alarm" (bottom right) is set to go off at the correct time, but when i click alarm icon down the bottom to adjust any of them, they are all set to the defaults for some reason. Is this an issue with the backup/restore process for the alarms, or have I done it wrong?

Edit: ignore the clock bit, i am a noob and managed to fix it

Edited by tigris666

Guest benj.vd
I now see there are free and members only kitchens on Modaco

Actually I ended on a free kitchen for Nexus One. Any plans to have a server dedicated to free baking for desire?

Thx

Guest RevoWution
Actually I ended on a free kitchen for Nexus One. Any plans to have a server dedicated to free baking for desire?

Thx

I hope that never happens. The Kitchen requires a lot of hard work and dedication, so I'm more than happy to pay for it.

Not to mention the fact that the cheaper Ad Free membership isn't actually expensive at all... :D

Guest ragflan

Question: I'm on an AdFree account and if I bake WaveSecure in, do I still need a separate WaveSecure subscription or does the Modaco AdFree account give me a free subscription? (I ask because I already have Wavesecure lifetime license since their beta period. But I recently gave my girlfriend my HTC Desire with R5 in, but since she used her sim card and her google account, Wavesecure was working in limited mode after she signed up within the app).

I'll remove WaveSecure from the kitchen options before baking R8 if indeed I need a separate WaveSecure subscription. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Guest saisquare

There will be data signal drop/lost when i turn off the screen in sleeping mode. This is quite annoying that when i am using data streaming e.g. radiotime.

Is there any fix for that? I am a newbie about android but i think there is something about kernel.

Anyone here face the same problem?

edit: i just found a fix for that, will try it later

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=752856

Edited by saisquare

Guest EddyOS
All done. Thanks peeps. I was just curious as to why Titanium Backup wasn't in my app list since I specifically baked it in, to get the enhanced version modaco offers. A little annoyed at clicking install/done once each for every app it restored but oh well.

I notice it's semi-restored my alarms, in that when i view the clock i can see the "next alarm" (bottom right) is set to go off at the correct time, but when i click alarm icon down the bottom to adjust any of them, they are all set to the defaults for some reason. Is this an issue with the backup/restore process for the alarms, or have I done it wrong?

Edit: ignore the clock bit, i am a noob and managed to fix it

Did you wipe AFTER flashing? If so, that's probably why Titanium is missing as in the /data partition so wiping will clear this out

Guest tigris666
Did you wipe AFTER flashing? If so, that's probably why Titanium is missing as in the /data partition so wiping will clear this out

Yes I did, i thought this was the norm. My apologies then. Is wiping before flash the standard? Confusion is the tooltip for a "wipe" is something like "factory reset", which to me sounds like, yep i want to reset to factory for the ROM i just installed, not the one I had installed previously, which may be something completely different, who knows what the "factory reset" for that might be.

Guest Jamien

For me (clockwork recovery) Factory Reset = wipe.

Also for Titanium Backup you only get the donate version if you're a MoDaCo Plus member. We're just on Ad Free :D

Guest ronilse

Hi,

Have a problem with FC & Voice Actions for Android, it's only when used from within email or sms message(click mic & I get a FC), when baking without app & tgrab it from market instead it works fine. Dunno if it's only me or someone else sees it.

Regards

Roy