MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dodolom

It's off-topic but does anyone have any good ringtones or tell me where I can get some nice ones? I don't mean ringtones like the popular songs or anything, just basic ringtones,alarm sounds,alert sounds,etc...

Guest DeBadmeester

I´m new to this forum and so to the kitchen too. Can someone tell me if the baked roms are deodexed and if so if there are any plans of modifiying the kitchen so we have the choice of building an odexed or deodexed rom.

I ask that because I´ve flashed the stock rom released on 4. of august two days ago and I´m trying to use the froyo inbuild app2sd only without a2sd+ from now on. The odexed version gives around 136 MB free space and the deodexed only 70 MB. :-(

Guest PandaKiller
@dodolom :

The download link is the "update.zip" : http://bel.fi/~alankila/android-dsp/dsp-signed.zip

Download, flash it with clockwork recovery, activate with the new DSP Manager application, and listen :D

@venturerider :

Because IMO it's a missing core functionnality which should be included in the OS. See http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=726

(and it's not in the market)

This increase the cpu load?

Guest Entreated
The voice dialer still gets everything wrong... :D

Ha oh yes it does, use voice actions.

Long press the search key xD

Not sure why voice dialler is included in this Rom if it doesn't work.

Guest TamirDa

I succeed to fix the pictures problem.

what i did?

i entered into the SDCARD and delete the ANDROID folder and thats work!

Thx to all members here!

You are great community!

Thx!!

the r8 works like a charm to me. fast stable wow... only one thing is buggin me... i have a constant "sync" circle in the notifications bar and it doesn't go away... it's the one that shows when gmail is syncing. but it's always there. right next to the wifi signal icon.

reboot doesn't help. it's gone but as soon as the phone syncs something the icon appears and stays. solution? help? fix?

Guest smumford
Ha oh yes it does, use voice actions.

Long press the search key xD

Not sure why voice dialler is included in this Rom if it doesn't work.

Works fine for me. Very accurate!!!

Guest smumford
the r8 works like a charm to me. fast stable wow... only one thing is buggin me... i have a constant "sync" circle in the notifications bar and it doesn't go away... it's the one that shows when gmail is syncing. but it's always there. right next to the wifi signal icon.

reboot doesn't help. it's gone but as soon as the phone syncs something the icon appears and stays. solution? help? fix?

make sure you include friendstream in the bake. If you exclude it, the sync does not go unless you manually cancel it.

Paul said in an earlier post that he was considering removing the option to exclude friendstream due to this issue.

make sure you include friendstream in the bake. If you exclude it, the sync does not go unless you manually cancel it.

Paul said in an earlier post that he was considering removing the option to exclude friendstream due to this issue.

ah ok thanks...

Guest The Virus 2013

Having trouble with a baked R8 rom... Please help me...

I rooted for the first time my desire with UnrEVOked and it works fine. Then, I installed the freshly baked rom 2 times and now he reboots again and again... I just see the quietly brilliant screen and then he reboot.

What can I do ? I tried to reflash but same results...

thank you in advance

Guest smumford
Having trouble with a baked R8 rom... Please help me...

I rooted for the first time my desire with UnrEVOked and it works fine. Then, I installed the freshly baked rom 2 times and now he reboots again and again... I just see the quietly brilliant screen and then he reboot.

What can I do ? I tried to reflash but same results...

thank you in advance

Ensure that you are doing a data wipe before you install the ROM. If you are using clockwork MOD from the main screen select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition. then install the ROM.

i installed loads of different ROMS and had this problem once a while ago and believe this worked.

You can also try rebaking the ROM. Their is an option within the recovery menu to mount the SD card to copy the ROM across if you can not boot up into android. This worked on my MAC.

Guest The Virus 2013
Ensure that you are doing a data wipe before you install the ROM. If you are using clockwork MOD from the main screen select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition. then install the ROM.

i installed loads of different ROMS and had this problem once a while ago and believe this worked.

You can also try rebaking the ROM. Their is an option within the recovery menu to mount the SD card to copy the ROM across if you can not boot up into android. This worked on my MAC.

You re a genius... thanks a lot

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
could you say if a prebake will be available in the next days?

1.Unlikely to happen over the weekend as Paul likes to spend time with his famly.

2.Why wait, just sign up and bake.

Guest spiry2sick
post-694901-1281695455_thumb.jpg

Wow it's been a while since i've seen the stock Desire/Sense Dock :D

@Paul the Wifi Sleep Fix looks like a a valuable option. At least for me.

:D I quite like it. Wish it was easily skinnable ;)

Guest arisingrealm

Hello,

thanx a lot for your work. I'm currently using a R5-self-baked-Rom and (without any problems). Is an update useful?

Concerning the R8-files: If I update from R5 (including A2SD) to R8, do I need to wipe? Yes, I know, that this question has been asked before, but everytime I'm searching for an answer I'll get something different (needed - not needed and so on...)

Michael

Is an update useful?

yes

Concerning the R8-files: If I update from R5 (including A2SD) to R8, do I need to wipe?

If you wipe, you are then coming from a known state. This means that any bugs or problems are easier to diagnose.

Guest Jerry13
Hello,

thanx a lot for your work. I'm currently using a R5-self-baked-Rom and (without any problems). Is an update useful?

Concerning the R8-files: If I update from R5 (including A2SD) to R8, do I need to wipe? Yes, I know, that this question has been asked before, but everytime I'm searching for an answer I'll get something different (needed - not needed and so on...)

Michael

This depends on the apps you have installed, the rom that is installed and so on. It's a bit like " how long is a piece of string" in my opinion. It might work and might not, only way to find out is to try it.

Personally I always do a full wipe of any device before installing a new os/rom. This ensures that any problems that occur after installing can't have been caused by the previous os/rom. A lot more time consuming I know but I start with a completely fresh phone.

Guest zombiefly
Personally I always do a full wipe of any device before installing a new os/rom. This ensures that any problems that occur after installing can't have been caused by the previous os/rom. A lot more time consuming I know but I start with a completely fresh phone.

me too.. i find titanium backup takes a lot of pain out of flashing a fresh rom each time. I've not had a problem with it since I used it on my hero for the last year. It takes a few minutes to put the phone back as it was before. The only thing that doesn't restore properly is the beautiful widgets, so i recreate them each time. I can switch roms fully using this method + some nandroid backups in 10 mins.

Guest djshadow666
This depends on the apps you have installed, the rom that is installed and so on. It's a bit like " how long is a piece of string" in my opinion. It might work and might not, only way to find out is to try it.

i normally try not wiping the first time i update and then any problems i do a wipe and fresh install.

main issue was installing all the apps again because i have almost 200 on the phone. until i just found out that titanium backup (donate version)can batch restore all your apps without any input. so now its gonna be easier just to wipe everytime