MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paulo Nobrega

hi there again...

so, i saw for the first time some other roms completely without sense.... im guessing the "theme" is from stock froyo rom...

i liked very much that theme... the only problem i found on those roms was that since HTC sync is not there i cant get my contacts from ooutlook (at least in a easy, clean way).

my question is... is it possible to bake this R8 ROM, removing everything from HTC, and changing the look of it? I tried metamorph, that i thought was for that, but does not work on desire...

the ROM i tried was deFrost, wich was very fast in bench and great battery. I believe cause it has nothing from HTC stuff.

oh, btw, i was not thinking of themes like for ADW laucher... :D

another thing... The LED notifications... is it just me or they only work with Sense? (LED blue for example). With stock laucher or launcherpro i cant get them to work.

Edited by Paulo Nobrega

Guest Noonski
Hello,

thanx a lot for your work. I'm currently using a R5-self-baked-Rom and (without any problems). Is an update useful?

Concerning the R8-files: If I update from R5 (including A2SD) to R8, do I need to wipe? Yes, I know, that this question has been asked before, but everytime I'm searching for an answer I'll get something different (needed - not needed and so on...)

Michael

I rarely whipe (from R4, R5,R6, R7 to R8 and have no known previous problems, Force Closes etc.

I t really depends on how much you play with it. The more you play, the less you whipe.

Sorry thsi question might be answered before -

I previously downloaded a version of Pauls Rom a week ago and all was working fine until i downloaded many apps.

As they were tending to stay alive in the background, it kept slowing my phone down and only after killing the apps with app killer, I was able to regain some speed.

I was told by a friend I shouldnt need to kill apps manually as android has a built in task manager?

is this true and if so how will this be implemented on the new rom, whcih ive just paid to bake my customisation from the kitechen?

Thanks

Another thing I have noticed - I send text messages to my groups.

As the text messaging sending group feature limits upto 100 conatcts per text, I had to cerate two groups.

Once sending to around 20 contacts, at first all of the texts cam eup as undelivered but then slowly one by one from the undeliverable list, they all get sent.

Why do they initially fail?

Guest arisingrealm
i normally try not wiping the first time i update and then any problems i do a wipe and fresh install.

main issue was installing all the apps again because i have almost 200 on the phone. until i just found out that titanium backup (donate version)can batch restore all your apps without any input. so now its gonna be easier just to wipe everytime

Thanx a lot for all your answers about "doing a wipe" :D

If I'll try it the first time without a wipe (eg. from R5 to R8), do I have to bake a R8-Rom including exactly the same options like my R5-baked-Rom?

Guest kevinof

Hi all,

When I long press on my car's bluetooth handsfree it brings up the voice dial app which is nice. The problem is it brings up the old one and not the new voice actions one. Would be nice to be able to send a text while driving without touching the phone etc.

anyone know how to change the app that gets activated?

thanks.

Guest j_simon208
Format your SD-card (again)

problem is: You cant do anything SDCard related. It wont unmount allowing you to Format SDcard. I cant even read the SD card when its plugged into my Macbook or Win 7 machine. I am trying to track down a memory card reader to plug it into the machines directly instead of through the phone.

Guest Noonski
Thanx a lot for all your answers about "doing a wipe" :D

If I'll try it the first time without a wipe (eg. from R5 to R8), do I have to bake a R8-Rom including exactly the same options like my R5-baked-Rom?

Nope, you can go some other way.

But from what I have read, baking in less might indeed bring "artifacts/issues" of previously installed apps, still leaving something behind. But I have not experienced this myself.

Guest yeoman999

i have no more idea what to do with openvpn.

the last release vpn works was r2 with a modified update and push tun.ko via linux in recovery mode.

now i tested every release, and the best result was, that the channel was established but ping was not answered.

is there another forum with people who can help me? any ideas?

i really need more help for this problem.

openvpn to connect to untangle is very importand for me.

thanx

alex

Guest arisingrealm
Nope, you can go some other way.

But from what I have read, baking in less might indeed bring "artifacts/issues" of previously installed apps, still leaving something behind. But I have not experienced this myself.

Thanx. I've updated now to R8, but I've done a full-wipe before. Everything works fine so far.

I'm using Titanium Backup for restoring my apps. Before I've done a backup, I've chosen the option, to "force restoring to the same location". But it doesn't work. Honestly, I don't know why. Any hint?

Guest woti17
i have no more idea what to do with openvpn.

the last release vpn works was r2 with a modified update and push tun.ko via linux in recovery mode.

now i tested every release, and the best result was, that the channel was established but ping was not answered.

is there another forum with people who can help me? any ideas?

i really need more help for this problem.

openvpn to connect to untangle is very importand for me.

thanx

alex

hmm, i have no working setup for openvpn server atm

but a few things you could check (you have linux, do you?)

on linux, try connect with the same config file, openvpn client is just apt-get install openvpn away

on phone (terminal, or better connect to phone with ssh):

firewall (ie droidwall) enabled? deactivate - just to make sure it doesn´t block

lsmod | grep tun

is the module loaded?

route -n

is the route setup correctly?

nmap -sS host (which ports are open on server, especiylly 1194 default port TCP or UDP)

last not least see:

openvpn --help

in terminal, especially self test etc

w

Guest yeoman999

on linux, try connect with the same config file, openvpn client is just apt-get install openvpn away

firewall (ie droidwall) enabled? deactivate - just to make sure it doesn´t block

lsmod | grep tun

is the module loaded?

route -n

nmap -sS host (which ports are open on server, especiylly 1194 default port TCP or UDP)

last not least see:

openvpn --help

w

thanx a lot for replay.

i can t find the tun.ko

i thought i will come within this rom.

the openvpn conf works on my linux client.

but the output on the desire is that:

Sat Aug 14 13:13:14 2010 [server.does.not.exists] Peer Connection Initiated with 213.148.158.130:1194

Sat Aug 14 13:13:16 2010 Note: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)

Sat Aug 14 13:13:16 2010 Note: Attempting fallback to kernel 2.2 TUN/TAP interface

Sat Aug 14 13:13:16 2010 Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/tun0: No such file or directory (errno=2)

so it seems there is no tun.ko in the kernel nor in the right path.

i tried to push a tun.ko wich i found in an older entry in the forum, but it doesn t work.

thanks a lot for your answer.

The music player is lagging hard for me with r8, even when perfoming the least performance-demanding tasks, such as scrolling through home screens & web browsing (flash disabled). Anyone else noticed this?

Guest yeoman999

lsmod | grep tun

is the module loaded?

route -n

last not least see:

openvpn --help

w

it seems i m not alone with this problem:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...m/#entry1376554

now i have the same problem like before.

i can only ping with -I parameter.

greets

alex

Guest shadamehr
Just noticed a widget that has been added called '80.0dip'.

No idea what this widget is but each time I try to add it, it just force closes with 'com.htc.RosieUtility'.

Anyone else experiencing this, or who knows what it is? Not sure if it's in the Rom or something I've added.

I get this too, but only after a Titanium Restore, which seems to be the cause, and it also adds some other corrupt Widget data too each time, so I just live with it.

Curious as to what they are though myself too.

Guest Jagdish
I get this too, but only after a Titanium Restore, which seems to be the cause, and it also adds some other corrupt Widget data too each time, so I just live with it.

Did you try applying some kind of mod or theme? it happened to me while trying to flash Espresso mod, fixed it by flashing another, more compatible version...

Edited by Jagdish

Hi

I am new.

I rooted yesterday my desire with the unrevoked3 methode.

My Bootloader is v0.83

I installed RomManager from market and then i installed ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1.

After i partitioning my sd-card (all with Rom Manager) ext 512MB, 0 swap MB.

Today i baked a r8 custom rom here, copy it to my sc-card and rename it to update.zip.

I booted into recovery and apply sdcard:update.zip

Now i have this error:

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

MD5 hash is correct!

I cant find a solution @google :D

thx 4 help

hf

Guest Entreated

I've never used titanium as it just mucks up and corrupts certain apps so I gave up with it.

But this widget disappeared when I reflashed yesterday so no idea where this widget came from.