MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tk1978
Thanks for the hint - but I've got my phone configured pretty efficiently at the moment.

I've read all that stuff about task killers (which is all true), and the way I have it configured is like this:

- all standard android / HTC process are ignored

- apps that need to remain open are ignored

- apps or processes that continue to reopen when killed are ignored

The only things that get killed are the apps that remain open when not required. Things like the web browser, standard game apps, reference apps, etc.

Like you said - as long as you're not killing stuff that will reopen anyway, then it's perfect. Just takes a lot of trial & testing.

For me - Juice Defender & Advanced Task Killer Pro are the bomb!

Anyone else agree with me?

i agree in this case, that is a practical way. in my opinion it is not nessesary to kill them, because android kills them alone after some times but that is no problem so far.

Guest trstn

Great as ever.

I'd love to have the Rom manager as part of the ROM and arrive pre-installed if possible, along with the option to use the clockwork mod for the circular battery with %, that'd make the kitchen so much better for me :(

Guest iceatcs

Just first time on 2.2 with my desire. No major problem so far.

Minor thing I want to know:

• Is anyone have problem with sync icon on the top bar, sometime random flashing (like almost broken "flashing" CFL blub) on the top?
  • Sometime wifi won't connect back to my home wireless when I back from away? I have to manual reconnect.
  • And finally, I'm not sure but with 2.1 version, I think I can put app icons 5 rows in Sence page but 2.2 only can do 4 rows? Sometime icons move little too?

Guest persko

Just installed this release, wiped everything before, even the ext2 partition on my sd card, I ran into one bug problem with this.

I cannot enable the facebook interface for HTC sense, the stock facebook mapplication works fine, but when I enter my login

credentials for the HTC facebook account, I get the message, that the service is not available, like it is trying to connect

to the wrong address or something.

Anybody else seen that behavier? with this release?

Per

Guest subvertbeats

Paul

Just for clarity, you could change:

Messaging installed to /system partition

This option includes the standard Android Messaging application (this REPLACES with the HTC version)

to

Messaging installed to /system partition

This option includes the standard Android Messaging application (this REPLACES the HTC version)

Guest masi0
THIS!

The HTC contact app and dialler is crap! Going to cook up a ROM and see what it looks like.

Also will run LauncherPro, as I don't like Rosie either.

I do like the camera app in the HTC release, compared to the generic android, as the photos look so much better, can focus on parts of the frame with the finger, and the photo is bigger. The generic android doesn't fill the frame... As a counter though, the generic android's image file numbering schema is much more sensible, with the date taken being incorporated in the name, as opposed to HTC imgxxxx.jpg - pretty lacking really.

Anyways, off to the kitchen to cook up some goodness :(

Thanks Paul.

where do you see stock phone app in r6?

Guest zedeff
Just installed this release, wiped everything before, even the ext2 partition on my sd card, I ran into one bug problem with this.

I cannot enable the facebook interface for HTC sense, the stock facebook mapplication works fine, but when I enter my login

credentials for the HTC facebook account, I get the message, that the service is not available, like it is trying to connect

to the wrong address or something.

Anybody else seen that behavier? with this release?

Per

Facebook for HTC sense is currently not working. Not a fault of this ROM. Just wait for HTC or Facebook to fix this issue.

Edit: Try this it worked for me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=3327

Edited by zedeff

Guest le_lutin
Still having problems with kitchen downloads ending prematurely in Google Chrome here...

Just downloaded using Chrome about 30 mins ago.

Guest hatton920

Anyone else you problems with playing videos on websites. Mine plays a video for a few seconds then stops saying the video cannot be played.

Guest rickako
Still having problems with kitchen downloads ending prematurely in Google Chrome here...

was having the same issue, are you using dev channel release?

i updated to latest which solved the problem

Guest irishandrew

Having some problems with mobile data... as in I can't seem to connect. All settings are turned on and APN is set to Vodafone Prepay, but it never connects (or even tries).

This is on R6 with the latest radio. I reverted to the older radio with no success, and have tried my working backup of 3.1 with the latest radio which worked fine. So it seems independent of the radio version, but specific to the R6 rom.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?? WiFi works fine btw. Not running any MODs on the ROM and the first R6 install was with a clean wipe (haven't re-wiped since reverting to nandroid 3.1 and then installing a fresh bake). Also haven't removed anything unusual from the ROM in the kitchen, kept it pretty much the same as my previous bakes on other versions.

Otherwise the ROM is great and works beautifully.

Cheers!

Andrew.

Guest Noonski
Facebook for HTC sense is currently not working. Not a fault of this ROM. Just wait for HTC or Facebook to fix this issue.

Edit: Try this it worked for me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=3327

Confirm here to.

In Hindsight, i can log in but contacts are indeed not syncing :(

About the Kitchen i included Track Ball Wake only but got Poer Wake Only anyway on latest R6WIP.

Edited by Noonski

Guest persko
Funny, it worked on the r4 and r5 roms. OK i tried to set a hometown in my profile, still gets the message, that the service is unavailable, perhaps it

needs some time, will try again tomorrow.

Per

OK after setting a city for all my workplaces, it worked.

Per

Guest Paul..
Having some problems with mobile data... as in I can't seem to connect. All settings are turned on and APN is set to Vodafone Prepay, but it never connects (or even tries).

This is on R6 with the latest radio. I reverted to the older radio with no success, and have tried my working backup of 3.1 with the latest radio which worked fine. So it seems independent of the radio version, but specific to the R6 rom.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?? WiFi works fine btw. Not running any MODs on the ROM and the first R6 install was with a clean wipe (haven't re-wiped since reverting to nandroid 3.1 and then installing a fresh bake). Also haven't removed anything unusual from the ROM in the kitchen, kept it pretty much the same as my previous bakes on other versions.

I had a similar problem (didn't pick it up initially as I was on wifi). I'm not exactly sure which step fixed it but I went into the various mobile data settings ('enable roaming', 'use mobile data', 'APN' etc) unchecked and rechecked the options. I think the thing that may have fixed it - weird as it sounds - was unchecking and rechecking the 'mobile network' box, which first time around also ungreyed the 'APN settings' option below).

Guest Paul..

Oh, BTW, some people were complaining of issues with multiple Gmail accounts. I also had this initially. When I went into 'accounts & sync' three out of the four Gmail accounts I have were only allowing me to sync calendar and contacts, not Gmail. What you have to do to fix this is go into the Gmail app, pick each inactive account and manually sync. You'll get a message saying something like 'if you want to do this automatically go into sync accounts ..'. Manually sync each duff account. Then .. go back into 'accounts & sync' and magically each account now allows you to check the 'sync email' option. Strange!

Couple of other issues I had with R6 so far (nothing major - seems v solid up to now):

- strange widget behaviour: larger widgets such as stocks and calendar seem to have a weird 'ghosting' effect on the text when scrolling up and down. Almost as if the shadow remains static but the text scrolls)

- HTC IME_MOD: was my fault but make sure you upgrade this separately, otherwise that keyboard will consistently FC!

- on-screen notifications for apps such as Titanium. Often the notifications (e.g. 'this application has been granted SuperUser..') will remain on screen forever (until a reboot). Not a huge issue as I rarely use those apps, but FYI

Did a full charge overnight so will see how the battery goes today. Pre upgrade (non rooted) I was getting about 36 hours between recharges.

Guest TristanSun
Pre upgrade (non rooted) I was getting about 36 hours between recharges.

36 when its at the side and there is no use at all

Guest Jamien

Does anyone know if the "Super Circle Battery with %" mod will work with r6?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724778

I'm assuming since he has MDC r5 support that the rom is de-odexed (whatever that is) and that I'd be able to install it without issues?

Apologies for the noobieness, I've only just started dabbling with custom ROMS and such.

Guest Jamien
ye it works

Thanks mate, installed it. Looks awesome!

Now my only issue is it seems that my phone is constantly trying to sync something, I think possibly something to do with my gmail account.

I've told it to stop syncing in the background, so it's all manual at the moment, but it was chewing through my battery, not so much my usage however.