MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest djshadow666

uh o, i think my desire is now broken. touch screen not working says touch panel fail when starting in recovery.

i think it might be because it got wet about a week ago, im pretty sure its nothing to do with the firmware.

well i guess thats what insurance is for, or maybe ill see if HTC will fix it for free first.

Guest lnoormohamed

Hi Paul, is there a way for me to desable htc sense's facebook sync???

well this is the problem i want htc sense to sync my contacts photos but not my contacts phone numbers because i get 44 rather than +44 so i dont get connected. is it possible for an option to just sync contact photos?

Edited by lnoormohamed

Guest Rocuronium

Big thanks Paul- working fine! I'm noob here so forgive me if I say anything intellectually offensive... I've flashed a rooted debranded Orange handset which has Amon Ra Recovery and everything went very smoothly.

My bootloader remains on version 0.75. Is this ok? Phone runs like lightening now.

Guest aslsthlm
Big thanks Paul- working fine! I'm noob here so forgive me if I say anything intellectually offensive... I've flashed a rooted debranded Orange handset which has Amon Ra Recovery and everything went very smoothly.

My bootloader remains on version 0.75. Is this ok? Phone runs like lightening now.

Yes it´s ok, should be like that..

R u kidding ?

The benchmark results for the modaco 2.2 ROM are lower than a standard Nexus one 2.2. My highest benchmark on modaco is 1200, where this number is much higher on other roms.

Guest dunbad
R u kidding ?

No, he's not joking. I like this r8, version. But with benchmark scores of 1600, 1700 elsewhere, to me it feels just a bit sluggish. Not that I'm a big believer in those benchmark scores, browser integration is defo snappier on other roms. A boost in speed for the next update would be top jonny banana.

Guest woti17
# netstat -nr

Kernel IP routing table

Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface

72.163.248.230 172.30.70.1 255.255.255.255 UGH 1500 0 0 eth0

172.30.70.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 tun0

just a guess:

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

shows 0?

should be 1 for routing, therefor command:

echo 1 > cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

(will be lost after a reboot ...)

Guest Noonski
Does r8 use an MCR kernel or a stock one? I.e. can I use SetCPU?

You can use SetCPU, Paul has added the disable Perflock as an option for this.

Guest Davey IJzermans

Oh OK. I did bake that option in just in case you could, but wasn't sure about the kernel thing.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Davey IJzermans

Guest rudgey

Hullo all,

Anyone know the full range of frequencies that the kernel in r8 wip supports?

Want to overclock past 1ghz but i'm not sure what frequencies to put in the txt file for setcpu?

Guest NoPodi
Hullo all,

Want to overclock past 1ghz but i'm not sure what frequencies to put in the txt file for setcpu?

hey you,

just out of curiosity. why do you overclock a 1ghz smartphone? ^^

i set setCPU to ~500 mhz and the phone was still fast.

it's realy just out of curiosity. :D

Guest Davey IJzermans
Hullo all,

I don't know the full range. I didn't read your post correctly. Standard, they are:

Guest Davey IJzermans
hey you,

just out of curiosity. why do you overclock a 1ghz smartphone? ^^

i set setCPU to ~500 mhz and the phone was still fast.

it's realy just out of curiosity. :D

More fps'es in games I guess?

btw Sorry for the mess in my posts, it's late and I'm being dumb. :D

Guest fatwolf
just a guess:

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

shows 0?

should be 1 for routing, therefor command:

echo 1 > cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

(will be lost after a reboot ...)

I actually looked at this as an issue HOWEVER there is no ip_forward file inside proc.

I did a find over the /proc directory and nothing.

Does anyone know an alternate file it may be.

If there is no ip_forward file that would be a sign that ip forwarding isn't compiled into the kernel.

Paul

Are you able to check the kernel for the ip_forwarding functions.

Guest rudgey
More fps'es in games I guess?

btw Sorry for the mess in my posts, it's late and I'm being dumb. :D

Nah, just for the heck of it really! O and thank you for the frequencies!

Guest Paulo Nobrega
No, he's not joking. I like this r8, version. But with benchmark scores of 1600, 1700 elsewhere, to me it feels just a bit sluggish. Not that I'm a big believer in those benchmark scores, browser integration is defo snappier on other roms. A boost in speed for the next update would be top jonny banana.

yep.. that's right... i tested the deFrost rom and that one on benchmarks was in first.. even above N1 2.2 ROM... Pauls ROM stays in second with 1179, just below Nexos One 2.2+. At least is what i get in my scores...

But im very happy with it... LOLOL

At screenshot of my device...

post-593279-1281931880_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo Nobrega

Guest gubacsek
I actually looked at this as an issue HOWEVER there is no ip_forward file inside proc.

I did a find over the /proc directory and nothing.

Does anyone know an alternate file it may be.

If there is no ip_forward file that would be a sign that ip forwarding isn't compiled into the kernel.

Paul

Are you able to check the kernel for the ip_forwarding functions.

I have found ip_forward (on it's real path), and changed it to 1, but this didn't solved my problem. I think it is the routing table...

Each route has the gateway 0.0.0.0, and the default route has my home 192.168..... gateway.

I was trying to add one route to go through a gateway inside the vpn, but i didn't succeded (ip route add 9.0.0.0/8 via 9.x.x.x). I always got an error, "no such process", or something like that. Today i will try to change the default gateway to be in the vpn.

Guest fatwolf
I have found ip_forward (on it's real path), and changed it to 1, but this didn't solved my problem. I think it is the routing table...

Each route has the gateway 0.0.0.0, and the default route has my home 192.168..... gateway.

I was trying to add one route to go through a gateway inside the vpn, but i didn't succeded (ip route add 9.0.0.0/8 via 9.x.x.x). I always got an error, "no such process", or something like that. Today i will try to change the default gateway to be in the vpn.

I wonder if something is providing the ip_forward module that i didn't include.

Did you build your rom in the kitchen?

Out of curiosity did you install the wifi teather app?

I am wondering if there's another app that's providing ip forward that i may not have installed.