MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gubacsek
I wonder if something is providing the ip_forward module that i didn't include.

Did you build your rom in the kitchen?

Out of curiosity did you install the wifi teather app?

I am wondering if there's another app that's providing ip forward that i may not have installed.

I inclueded almost everything in my ROM. except wavesecure, wifi status indicator, and i have wifi N. Installed VPN Connections from market.

Guest yeoman999
just a guess:

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

shows 0?

should be 1 for routing, therefor command:

echo 1 > cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

(will be lost after a reboot ...)

hi,

how can i change it?

cannot create cat: read-only file system

and when i cat in recoverymode it is gone after reboot.

greets

alex

Guest woti17
hi,

how can i change it?

cannot create cat: read-only file system

and when i cat in recoverymode it is gone after reboot.

greets

alex

sorry, my fault

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Guest woti17
Paul

Are you able to check the kernel for the ip_forwarding functions.

you can check the kernel configuration with

zcat /proc/config.gz | more

(use space on keyboard to scroll page down)

w

Edited by woti17

Guest benj.vd

Any known issue with Orange network and the (optionally) included radio image? (32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20)

Thx

Edited by benj.vd

Guest pfsykes
thanks, but still no ping-answer from internal.

a

try running this a root

ip ru del table gprs / ip ru del table wif

this will delete the routing table and then the VPN sould work however to get back to nornmal enable flight mode thne disable filight mode.

it works for me

Peter

Guest yeoman999
try running this a root

ip ru del table gprs / ip ru del table wif

this will delete the routing table and then the VPN sould work however to get back to nornmal enable flight mode thne disable filight mode.

it works for me

Peter

whow, great.

that works for me ! first time i sync my emails.

now we only need a workaround to automatic delete this route.

thanx a lot

alex

Guest nagylaci

Hi,

I'd like to ask if it's possible to add an "aufs" kernel module to this kitchen, and if yes, are you willing to add it? I was usig cyanogen nightly, and made my "/system" partition writable using this method, but I like this rom better.

I don't know much about rom versions, and module building (yet) so sorry if this was a stupid question :D.

Guest stevehoot
Any known issue with Orange network and the (optionally) included radio image? (32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20)

Thx

Using an Orange Desire (though obviously rooted, sim-unlocked and running this ROM) with the included radio (32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20) and all working fine.

In fact I can safely say that the signal is better after applying this ROM with radio update than it was with the stock Orange 2.1U1 ROM that it shipped with.

No problems at all with it. Good ROM - EVERYTHING working fine so far.

Nice work.

Guest pfsykes
whow, great.

that works for me ! first time i sync my emails.

now we only need a workaround to automatic delete this route.

thanx a lot

alex

If some on can put this in a widget i woudl be happy if they can work out ut how to do on of or reset on press.

Thanks

Peter

Guest spiry2sick
If some on can put this in a widget i woudl be happy if they can work out ut how to do on of or reset on press.

Thanks

Peter

Check the market app Tasker. It might do the job for you.

Guest benj.vd
Using an Orange Desire (though obviously rooted, sim-unlocked and running this ROM) with the included radio (32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20) and all working fine.

All right thx a lot! I'll apply R8 this evening, can't wait!

Guest TheScrub

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure these minor issues I've experienced have been mentioned before so I thought I should let you know (btw we need a more organised way of reporting bugs, would save you trawling through tonnes of pages!).

All this is coming from MCR3.1 with full wipe.

1. Search contacts in stock phone app doesn't work at all.
  2. Quiet ring on pickup activated until I selected & deselected it in settings
  3. Option to sync emails from 2nd gmail account in accounts and sync did not appear until I manually refreshed in gmail app (don't know if this is a feature or a bug tbh).

Oh and btw, using Chrome the kitchen still baked in (IMO useless) HTC widgets even though they were not selected.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Guest pfsykes

Thanks

Peter

Umm would like to try b4 buy.

I might have to have a go at writing an app/ widget for this.

Peter

Guest Albert Poon

@Paul,

First of all I am not pushing =)

I just spent my last weekend on a trip and it happened finally and again: no APN. Before the trip I always think I can enter my APN manually and this shouldn't be critical, however, during the trip, when it came to roaming, no APN brought me down. Without any connection, I couldn't find the correct settings and at last, I was disconnected from the world for 2 days. No APN problem not only exists on my usual SIM (45406), but another one too (46002).

The point is, I am going for a trip again coming weekend, the only solution for me is to downgrade to r5 and install every updated packages. (did I mention there is also no HTC Wallpapers in r5?) Not life killing, but eventually I donated for TB to save time hehehe.

I am not sure what changes regarding the APN between r8 and r5 but... if it was working in r5, why make changes?

Guest monkey_nutts
When is a stable version of R7 or R8 being released?

I have made the mistake of asking this before :D.

Basically its ready when its ready.

I thought id say it before somebody else did and was a little more rude than me.

Guest bbawden
Hmmm, the HTC widgets really should only be baking in if specified!

Odd...

P

It is a bit odd. The widgets are not in the list when you go to add them. But when you tap "Get more HTC widgets" they are all marked as being already installed.

If I uninstall one of them and try to download and reinstall, it won't install.

Edited by bbawden

Guest skunkfunk
I have made the mistake of asking this before :D.

Basically its ready when its ready.

I thought id say it before somebody else did and was a little more rude than me.

...'cmon....it's not XDA here...if a post pisses someone off this someone should just read next post....what is the point in flaming people who ask maybe stupid or obvious questions?

I too would like to read a forum full of interesting infos without newbie requests....maybe these newbies are new to search as well.

Sorry for the out of topic post....I have the feeling that MoDaCo is more professional and human than XDA...I hope my feeling will persist... :-P