MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

flash is in the market hat is wrong with that version it plays all that I need it to play.

Peter

[EDIT]

What am i missing?

[EDIT]

It can't be update / download. Only for Nexus one.

And the latest version is FINAL instead of beta :D

Maps 4.4.0 modified by squrl / brut is now an option in the kitchen!

P

Many many thanks Paul.

Guest gosnis
It has a LOT of customisations over the stock HTC_IME!

P

Maybe it's time to try it :-)

Can you name some of the customizations? Things you recommend to check out?

Thank you :D

Paul, the "HTC IME (modified) installed to /system partition" option now appears twice. In HTC Applications and Modified Applications sections.

Fixed. :D

P

Guest woti17
Would go in an init script on early boot-up. Unless there's a sysctrl i am not aware of.

echo '1' > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6

the kernel has sysctl enabled, and busybox has the a sysctl binary

would it be possible to have a symlinked sysctl.conf?

w

Hey Paul what version of the mod you applied? The one with navipanel also? or just the maps without navipanel?

Just the standard APK, as this ROM has a 'NaviPanel' / Car Panel installed.

P

Guest daniozzo83
Updated Adobe Flash Player to the latest version.

P

option to remove it in kitchen? so it can be updated in future by ourself. (i can't update now my adobe flash with latest apk so i've had to wait your release).

please please please :D

option to remove it in kitchen? so it can be updated in future by ourself. (i can't update now my adobe flash with latest apk so i've had to wait your release).

please please please :D

We could accomplish this by just moving it from /system/app to /data/app.

In fact, that's a decent plan, so i've just done it. :D

P

Guest snapilica
Just the standard APK, as this ROM has a 'NaviPanel' / Car Panel installed.

P

Yeah but in that mod Car Panel is hacked to open brut maps instead of normal maps, and with only the map mod applied when you click on the "Show Map" button it'll do nothing as there is no app to open.

- Have an option in the kitchen to NOT include stock gallery (for those who only want the 3D one)

I could add this, but i'm pretty sure it'd break stuff!

To test, boot to recovery, do 'adb shell mount /system' then 'adb shell rm /system/app/HTCAlbum.apk' and try things like opening the camera app and clicking the gallery button. I suspect that will stop working.

P

Yeah but in that mod Car Panel is hacked to open brut maps instead of normal maps, and with only the map mod applied when you click on the "Show Map" button it'll do nothing as there is no app to open.

Squrl Maps retains the same application name as the stock Maps and replaces the stock Maps (unlike the Brut version), so no patching of the Car Panel etc. should be necessary.

P

Guest snapilica
Squrl Maps retains the same application name as the stock Maps and replaces the stock Maps (unlike the Brut version), so no patching of the Car Panel etc. should be necessary.

P

Strange. I'll try it and see if it works.

I remember though when i installed the mod manually that i needed to use the 'with navipanel' option because even if the app is renamed it still keeps a maps.brut internal name somewhere and it can't be run with Car Panel.

Guest daniozzo83
We could accomplish this by just moving it from /system/app to /data/app.

In fact, that's a decent plan, so i've just done it. :D

P

than now flash player is in /data/app (in kitchen) ? i can bake a new rom with this change?

Guest bbawden
Updated ROM Manager in kitchen, removed Voice Dialler option (replaced by Voice Search aka Voice Actions).

P

Paul - great work, as usual.

I had a shortcut to voice dialer, which I prefer to Voice Search. The reason being, when I open voice dialer it's immediately ready to listen for voice inpuit. To use Voice search, I have to open search, and then click on the mic. One extra step.

Does anyone know of a way of opening Voice search already listening for voice input?

Guest akashkotak
r5 of my Froyo with Sense ROM for the Desire is now released here (including prebakes), 2.09.405.8 - the official Desire Froyo release is out, which means it's time to start work on r6/7/8! :D

This is the work in progress holding topic for r8, which will be available in kitchen form only during it's development.

The kitchen is in post 2, the changelog from r5/6/7 is in post 3. Enjoy! :D

P

Paul i see an august 17 update ... but no change log ..... ? is it the same WIP R8 or a new WIP R9 ?

Guest chipyy

I

Does anyone know of a way of opening Voice search already listening for voice input?

Mine only required the extra press the first time I loaded it. Now it starts up already listening and only displays that other screen if I press help.

Guest Albert Poon

Great work Paul! Thanks!

Downloading and will test later on~~~

Opinion for the Kitchen: Is it possible to add "Select All" option under each Sections? Say if I want or don't want all HTC Widgets in a single click...

Guest le_lutin
Paul - great work, as usual.

I had a shortcut to voice dialer, which I prefer to Voice Search. The reason being, when I open voice dialer it's immediately ready to listen for voice inpuit. To use Voice search, I have to open search, and then click on the mic. One extra step.

Long press on the hardware search button on the Desire brings the voice search up for me and it's listening straight away.