MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dodolom
use a browser instead of facebook app (dolphin hd for example)

Well, I know I can do that but what exactly FLASH WILL BE ON FROYO mean? Do they mean, just on browsers?

Just curious

Guest dareal
Well, I know I can do that but what exactly FLASH WILL BE ON FROYO mean? Do they mean, just on browsers?

Just curious

i guess that facebook app doesnt support browser plugins, thats why its not working. if facebook will add the plugin support, then it will work.

Guest Noonski

@Paul

Here's a bit more nitpicking if your interested.

You can dump some left over HTC Widgets when disabling Sense.

com.htc.FMRadioWidget.apk

com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk

HtcAddProgramWidget.apk

htcbookmarkwidget.apk

htccalendarwidgets.apk

HtcClockWidget.apk

htccontactwidgets.apk

htcmsgwidgets.apk

HtcPhotoWidget.apk

HtcProfilesWidget.apk

HtcRingtoneWidget.apk

HtcSyncwidget.apk

HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk, Don't work anyway without Sense, it never shows up, and also does not affect running the demo in Weather app.

PluginManager.apk

&

WidgetDownloadManager.apk

I will check out what effect the two widgets have on their app counter parts when removed.

Not sure yet.

com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk

com.htc.MusicWidget.apk

Oh and also clockwidget folder can be deleted when disabling World Clock and Sense.

(Don't know how world clock reacts to this being removed will test)

Maybe you can also add a disable adding Launcher2 (expert Options)

I always bake my custom without any launcher as it starts with Launcher Pro from A2SD anyway, and there's more LP fans here.

Sorry for repeating myself.

Edited by Noonski

Guest dodolom
i guess that facebook app doesnt support browser plugins, thats why its not working. if facebook will add the plugin support, then it will work.

Well, I still can't watch anything via Dolphin HD as well, this is getting frustrating :D

Guest AndrewMe

Beginning from r6 (to r8 now) I always have the promblems:

1. from time to time fall out the GSM connection - the operator can't be found, NO signal at all!!! After couple resets the problem disappear.. till the next time.

2. during the GPS navigation (CityGuide 3.8) the phone suddenly restarts.

I do experiments - what in the kitchen could affect this issue, but till now can not find.

Does somebody have the same problems and can they be somehow fixed?

AND, BTW, normal A2SD doesn't work AT ALL!!!

Edited by AndrewMe

Guest dareal
Well, I still can't watch anything via Dolphin HD as well, this is getting frustrating :D

dunno whats wrong in your setup. just tried it and it works for me (watched 2 videos, and they were played in facebook as an embedded video, as it should work)

Guest Noonski

Bootsound sounds a bit strange-ish.

Checking against one that I think sounded better.

Checked: Friendstream app doesn't start, FC, with or without it's widget, i'll add in peep to be sure Widget isn't needed by anything.

Edited by Noonski

Guest snapilica

Here's a though.

Paul can you make the settings that require you to choose only one from a list (e.g., the new wi-fi stuff, AP2SD vs AP2SD+ etc.) as radiobox and not checkbox, so that selecting one would automatically deselect the other?

Guest bbawden

Hi Paul

For some reason the HTC Sense Widgets aren't being installed properly. It think they're installed, if I go to "Get more HTC widgets" but they are not in the list of widgets to add.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Guest lnoormohamed
dunno whats wrong in your setup. just tried it and it works for me (watched 2 videos, and they were played in facebook as an embedded video, as it should work)

have you tried making an Nandroid backup. then wipeing everything in recovery and reinstalling the rom. this might help. just to see if its an hickup with system data. if the say problem presists you can resotre your sentting/ data back in recovery (clock work mod)

mine works fine on sites like youtube/pockent now etc.... .

These changes are fantastic thanks! Loving all the new options. I'll be baking as soon as you've finished iptables. Awesome work.

I need clarification on which version of iptables works for everyone.

Care to try this version and report back?

P

Guest dchuraman
@Paul can we expect r8 to come out of WIP today ? Have r7 but been holding off for a full release.

Also can you include the google car mode ? The HTC icons make me want to vom.

id like this too if possible

Guest Noonski
I need clarification on which version of iptables works for everyone.

Care to try this version and report back?

P

Yesterday when I added in an iptables into lib I got stuck on first bootscreen.

Can i just add this into zip or should this be done through ADB?

Edited by Noonski

Guest beady_uk

@paul

Excellent Rom. The kitchen is the dogs knackers!

With regards to the Maps in the kitchen. If i selected Maps-modified (Squrl/brut) do i need to select or de-select the Maps-UNmodified (google)? Thanks

Guest Subject Delta

I'm confused, the date change suggests a new release, but no changelog or updated posts?

Edited by Subject Delta

Guest monkey_nutts
...'cmon....it's not XDA here...if a post pisses someone off this someone should just read next post....what is the point in flaming people who ask maybe stupid or obvious questions?

I too would like to read a forum full of interesting infos without newbie requests....maybe these newbies are new to search as well.

Sorry for the out of topic post....I have the feeling that MoDaCo is more professional and human than XDA...I hope my feeling will persist... :-P

I think you may have mis-read my intention with this post. I was not trying to be an ass or rude to the person asking the question, quite the opposite. I was not annoyed with him one bit :D

Anyways, to more important issues waiting patiently for the next release.

@paul

Excellent Rom. The kitchen is the dogs knackers!

With regards to the Maps in the kitchen. If i selected Maps-modified (Squrl/brut) do i need to select or de-select the Maps-UNmodified (google)? Thanks

I de-selected the unmodified and added the modified..

Maps does not show up at all now.

No wipe, but i just installed on top of r8.

I'm confused, the date change suggests a new release, but no changelog or updated posts?

I updated it as i'm updating the kitchen, i'll post a changelog later on!

P