MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest RevoWution

Just a quick question :D

Am I able to bake both the stock (unmodified) and modified HTC IME keyboards? Or can I only choose one?

I also see that there are tonnes of new additions since I last checked the Kitchen. Can I re-bake these new additions (including the ones I previously chose) and flash without wiping? Thanks!! :D

Guest RevoWution
Hi Paul,

Just wondering why at my setting --> About Phone ---> Phone Identity

It shows Nexus One instead of HTC Desire ?

The printscreen as below.

1282103852530.jpg

LOL

Just checked, and it appears I have that problem too... Eh...... :|

Guest pfsykes
Can someone post the Voicedialer.apk from the previous R8 please ?

@Paul can you put back the option in the kitchen, i just realise this is what makes voice dialing work through bluetooth

I need this too

Guest Heppieboeddah

HTC-widgets as in the kitchen don't show. If you search for more widgets it says that they are installed but they dont show. You are able to uninstall them, then search again. They start downloading but wont install?!

Guest RODNiC

Hey, small problem/bug here..

I just install twice from a wipe the latest r8..

I keep getting the Sync icon in the status bar all the time.. but it doesn't seem to be actually syncing anything as my data connection do go to idle as normal after all the info is downloaded..

Battery wise seem normal too.. (but been using it only for the last 12hours or so)

Anyone else have noticed the same thing??

-- ok.. battery is draining fast.. system seen stuck at 99% awake or something.. :-(

Edited by RODNiC

Guest Asselberghs

Okay cool, looks good:)

I´ll flash my phone when I get home later today.

Is the symlink in place? so I can switch between Nexus One and MoDaCo bootscreen?

I take it I can bake myself a rom to use (MoDaCo bootscreen), and flash on my phone and then bake another with Nexus One bootscreen enabled and just "peal it out" of the zip file, so I´ve got both animations on my computer harddive so it´s easy to switch them back and forth?

Kind Regards

Nick Asselberghs

Can confirm that none of the widgets I chose show up in the widgets list for me and also phone identity is Nexus One.

Also my apps are installing to the internal memory, rather than sd card. I used rom manager to format it, am sure I chose 512mb for ext and 0 for swap, the rest should be fat32... Any tips there or maybe I didn't select something in the rom selection? Thanks.

Guest Asselberghs
Hi Paul,

The printscreen as below.

1282103852530.jpg

I actually find this rather cool:D since I am aiming at having it as stock Nexus One like as possible this is a step closer HAH:D

Then I´d only need a google back cover rather than HTC hehe.

Guest tigris666

Question on the modified HTC_IME, the stock version had an icon bottom left that "minimized" the keyboard. I notice in the modified version you do this with the back button, but on stock version you would hold down this icon in order to bring up the menu to switch to android keyboard. Anyone know how to do this with the modified HTC_IME?

Secondly, every time i wipe / flash / titanium backup restore, a couple of my widgets (twitter, facebook and power control) all have text "error loading widget" upon restore. Removing the widget and re-adding fixes it fine, but it's annoying as this is the only thing that does not restore properly.

Lastly, upon flashing, wavesecure requires activation again, is there a way to stop this?

Guest Albert Poon

Can anyone explain the mechanism behind the "first reboot after flash"? I've been testing/flashing a few times daily, and my latest approach is:

Boot into ClockworkMod

wipe data/factory reset

flash r8

flash cime

flash dsp

reboot in ClockworkMod's menu

reboot again (power off > on)

restore everything using TB

fix permission using ROM Manager

reboot again (power off > on)

resume using phone

And I encounter no error at all. I used to reboot after each flash, but I didn't find any advantage for doing so. And I prefer "power off > on" for reboot than "ctrl-alt-del", assuming it will save all unsaved data before reboot (correct me if I am wrong)

Edited by Albert Poon

Can someone post the Voicedialer.apk from the previous R8 please ?

@Paul can you put back the option in the kitchen, i just realise this is what makes voice dialing work through bluetooth

I've re-added it. :D

P

Just a quick question :D

Am I able to bake both the stock (unmodified) and modified HTC IME keyboards? Or can I only choose one?

I also see that there are tonnes of new additions since I last checked the Kitchen. Can I re-bake these new additions (including the ones I previously chose) and flash without wiping? Thanks!! :D

You can use both.

Yes, you can re-bake and flash without wiping.

P

HTC-widgets as in the kitchen don't show. If you search for more widgets it says that they are installed but they dont show. You are able to uninstall them, then search again. They start downloading but wont install?!

Oddness, will look into this this morning!

P

Hi Paul,

This should be fixed now, Australia locale should also be back.

P

Guest CyrilleM

Thank you Paul for wifi b/g driver option in kitchen it solve a part of the problem I have to connect to some AP.

Now I can use my Desire like before (before r5).

I think wifi n is not required on this kind of device and wifi b/g is more compatible especialy with old AP.

:D

[edit] : the old driver solved the connexion problem, but wifi disconnect each time I try to have data access ...

Edited by CyrilleM

Guest fudgeboy

What Titanium Backup method should I be using if I want to backup / wipe / flash / restore everything?

The "backup user apps + system data" looks right, but TB won't have access to the /system partition when it restores, so surely that will fail?

On the other hand, if I just "backup user apps" then presumably I'll lose my Google account settings and all my email settings (because that's data associated with system apps)?

Any clues?

James

Guest Albert Poon
What Titanium Backup method should I be using if I want to backup / wipe / flash / restore everything?

The "backup user apps + system data" looks right, but TB won't have access to the /system partition when it restores, so surely that will fail?

On the other hand, if I just "backup user apps" then presumably I'll lose my Google account settings and all my email settings (because that's data associated with system apps)?

Any clues?

James

I am using "backup user apps + system data" when backup, and "restore missing apps + system data" when restore. reboot after restore, and everything resume. sometimes some widgets will lose, and gmail a/c may lose too, but you can just add back easily.

Oddness, will look into this this morning!

P

Thanks. I did choose most of them, for example History, Notes, Fortune cookie, etc.... But I forgot to take the HTC/Rosie launcher so not sure if it is related to that but some of the other people can probably confirm that?

Edited by twe

Guest zombiefly
Thanks. I did choose most of them, for example History, Notes, Fortune cookie, etc.... But I forgot to take the HTC/Rosie launcher so not sure if it is related to that but some of the other people can probably confirm that?

you will need the htc launcher to use the htc widgets! :D