MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

This ROM is now RC1.

There will be no new features added now - this will become the current release version (replacing r5) when I have finished testing and updating the first topic.

All new feature requests and will roll over to r9 WIP.

P

Baked a ROM about an hour ago - have you added/changed anything in the kitchen since then?

Guest chipyy

What is the point of the Call Mom widget? Googling seems to suggest that it starts green and then goes red if you call your mother? Sorry but what use is this to anyone, am I missing something?

Edited by chipyy

Guest OneCheekyDevil
Damn... moving from earlier r8, wiping cache and dalvik (no full wipe) but the new widgets just wont show up! :D

Of course, I've cleared data for HTC Sense also.

I too am having the same issues, but i want to ask (and hopefully wont sound like noob),

If i baked the rom WITH the widgets but WITHOUT rosie, does this mean there's no chance of me seeing the widgets work?

Guest WhiT3Kr0w
I too am having the same issues, but i want to ask (and hopefully wont sound like noob),

If i baked the rom WITH the widgets but WITHOUT rosie, does this mean there's no chance of me seeing the widgets work?

You need Sense to get the HTC Widgets to work.

No chance, correct.

Guest fatwolf

Paul

This post with the change seems to fix the openvpn issue by replacing the use of route with using ip rules.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1379172

Its not nice but it does work.

well works mostly I am having issues with my own vpn but thats because of my weird setup.

I need to alter the preference of a route depending if i am at home or not. I think il need an up script that applies the route if it is connected to my home wireless.

EDIT: Does anyone know if theres a shell command to find out what access point you are connected to.

I am used to iwconfig but that does not exist. Currently my vpn.up script does a grep of ifconfig to see if my lan address is there. If not then it applies a route over the vpn. If it is there it closes happily doing nothing.

Edited by fatwolf

Guest Scottland

Thanks for the updates Paul, installing RC1 soon.

Do you think in the future, you could add options in the kitchen to choose between the Google and HTC Music player, or at least not include the HTC one?

:D

Thanks for the updates Paul, installing RC1 soon.

Do you think in the future, you could add options in the kitchen to choose between the Google and HTC Music player, or at least not include the HTC one?

:D

I'll look at that in r9.

P

Guest dareal
Internet browser crashing.

Has anyone had issues where visiting certain pages will crash the app and return to Sense?

Example page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-10992762

Doesn't only crash my Desire but a mate's as well. Repeatable every time.

[Edit] This is on r8 downloaded on Friday, will be happy if fault is no longer there :D

r8 downloaded yesterday, stock browser is crashing when your example page loaded.

dolphin load it without any crashes.

Guest daffie

Just wondering...the option "Launcher" must be chosen if disabling Rosie. I want to disable Rosie but I also have LauncherPro as launcher. I use Ext3 to automatically install all apps including LP. Do I still have to choose "Launcher" as option...?

Many thanks for a wonderful custom rom!

Guest Noonski
Gotta love the HTC Fortune Cookie widget! :D

P

fortunecookiequote.png

Wow spot on!

First things first, format my new 32G SD Card, then check what you've been up to :D

Edited by Noonski

Guest vfrvulcan
I'll look at that in r9.

P

Paul, is it worth starting a new topic called 'r9 feature requests' or similar?

That way it should keep this topic on topic - all about r8.

Thanks for the great work!

Aaron

Guest Foley Is Good
Internet browser crashing.

Has anyone had issues where visiting certain pages will crash the app and return to Sense?

Example page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-10992762

Doesn't only crash my Desire but a mate's as well. Repeatable every time.

[Edit] This is on r8 downloaded on Friday, will be happy if fault is no longer there :D

I've had this problem sporadically with the HTC Browser in this ROM, but had it more frequently with the browser in CM6. For me this is not always repeatable, i.e. normally trying again to view the page works.

When this happens the browser app just closes with no errors and returns to the previous app.

I've had this problem sporadically with the HTC Browser in this ROM, but had it more frequently with the browser in CM6. For me this is not always repeatable, i.e. normally trying again to view the page works.

When this happens the browser app just closes with no errors and returns to the previous app.

That page is killing my stock browser too (r7).

Can anyone see the Sand Timer Sense widget?

I did a full wipe and I can use all the other widgets, but I don't see Sand Timer anywhere.

Upon closer inspection, its not included in the zip file, even though its selected by default.

Edited by mugor

Can anyone see the Sand Timer Sense widget?

I did a full wipe and I can use all the other widgets, but I don't see Sand Timer anywhere.

Upon closer inspection, its not included in the zip file, even though its selected by default.

Fixed!

P

I chose the battery widget, coin flip widget, dice widget, fortune cookie widget, note widget, quick recorder widget, note widget, sand timer and today in history widgets but cannot see them in the widget list. Yes I included the HTC/Rosie launcher and have done a full wipe of everything, also rebooted the phone once already. Any ideas? Don't know if its due to any other options left out like the flickr option, stocks, peep? Wouldn't have thought so though....

Edited by twe

I chose the battery widget, coin flip widget, dice widget, fortune cookie widget, note widget, quick recorder widget, note widget, sand timer and today in history widgets but cannot see them in the widget list. Yes I included the HTC/Rosie launcher and have done a full wipe of everything, also rebooted the phone once already. Any ideas? Don't know if its due to any other options left out like the flickr option, stocks, peep? Wouldn't have thought so though....

Me too. When trying to install the apks manually it says INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE which is for unsigned apks I think...

Guest MacCarron

+1. I can't see any widget that wasn't previously installed already. I flashed over my "old" r8 without wiping...maybe that's the cause?

Edited by MacCarron

+1. I can't see any widget that wasn't previously installed already. I flashed over my "old" r8 without wiping...maybe that's the cause?

I did a full wipe and have the R8 RC1 rom installed so don't think its that.

Guest Noonski
Just wondering...the option "Launcher" must be chosen if disabling Rosie. I want to disable Rosie but I also have LauncherPro as launcher. I use Ext3 to automatically install all apps including LP. Do I still have to choose "Launcher" as option...?

Many thanks for a wonderful custom rom!

Nope that's when you disable both Sense and Launcher2.