MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest daffie
Nope that's when you disable both Sense and Launcher2.

Uhm...yeah, so can I disable both the launcher and Rosie at the same time, without running into problems after first booting the newly flashed rom? I assume not, when using ext3 to have LauncherPro installed automatically...is that correct?

Guest pfsykes
I've had this problem sporadically with the HTC Browser in this ROM, but had it more frequently with the browser in CM6. For me this is not always repeatable, i.e. normally trying again to view the page works.

When this happens the browser app just closes with no errors and returns to the previous app.

same here mine is crashing too.

it lods the full page then a few seconds later no Force close end up back home.

Peter

Guest theblueraja
I chose the battery widget, coin flip widget, dice widget, fortune cookie widget, note widget, quick recorder widget, note widget, sand timer and today in history widgets but cannot see them in the widget list. Yes I included the HTC/Rosie launcher and have done a full wipe of everything, also rebooted the phone once already. Any ideas? Don't know if its due to any other options left out like the flickr option, stocks, peep? Wouldn't have thought so though....

Same here, any widget that wasn't previously installed is not shown under all apps.

They ARE there though as you can uninstall them via Settings -> applications.

Edited by theblueraja

Guest Noonski
Uhm...yeah, so can I disable both the launcher and Rosie at the same time, without running into problems after first booting the newly flashed rom? I assume not, when using ext3 to have LauncherPro installed automatically...is that correct?

If your not whiping and flashing over a rom that already has another launcher installed to ext3/A2SD/+ you can do that.

If your doing a fresh flash with full whipe you would need to include launcher2.

(or press search after setup look for market then install LauncherPro, made that mistake myself once :D)

Same here, any widget that wasn't previously installed is not shown under all apps.

They ARE there though as you can uninstall them via Settings -> applications.

Most probably they are not signed....

Guest xTc is loVe

Can we not exlude ALL APPS that not beeing needed? Like i always delete the the LiveWallpapers.apk and Mode10Wallpaper.apk (Let LiveWallpaperPicker.apk there) and some other Stuff that not been removed by the kitchen and save some space.

And can odexing be a kitchen Option? I odex your ROMS manually and i think its not to heavy to upload a odexed version and a non odexed or am i wrong?

Guest tigris666
I chose the battery widget, coin flip widget, dice widget, fortune cookie widget, note widget, quick recorder widget, note widget, sand timer and today in history widgets but cannot see them in the widget list. Yes I included the HTC/Rosie launcher and have done a full wipe of everything, also rebooted the phone once already. Any ideas? Don't know if its due to any other options left out like the flickr option, stocks, peep? Wouldn't have thought so though....

Ditto. I chose the batter widget, quick record and note widget, none of the others. Don't see any of those 3, just the normal ones. And ever since running r8 i've had an 80.0dip widget which just crashes when i try to add it to see what it is.

Yes, I full wipe every time i flash.

Guest theblueraja
Most probably they are not signed....

By default signing is off on the market - apparently its not needed if we use the clockwork mod - which i do...

By default signing is off on the market - apparently its not needed if we use the clockwork mod - which i do...

This is the ROM signing I think, not the apk signing.

Guest daffie
If your not whiping and flashing over a rom that already has another launcher installed to ext3/A2SD/+ you can do that.

If your doing a fresh flash with full whipe you would need to include launcher2.

(or press search after setup look for market then install LauncherPro, made that mistake myself once :D)

Thanks a lot...I fully understand now.

Guest Noonski
OK folks, so here's the way we're gonna roll... i'm going to add a couple more HTC Widgets and update a few components today, then we're going to feature freeze for RC1.

RC tasks...

• Fix any outstanding bugs
  • Update changelog and first post with features
  • Add 'odex me' option to the kitchen

So, later today, any new feature requests will go into a forthcoming r9 WIP and we should have a full r8 release later this week!

P

Oh so that means Odex Me option is still coming?

In that case i'll wait a bit, no rush, just checking if this is still intended for RC.

Guest lamdin

Hello Paul

I am still on the Aug 10 r8 which works flawlessly for me...

For me, the battery last ~25% longer than the r4 release.

I didn't exclude the N (for WiFi), and I leave the mobile 3G active 24H...

Also, my device now seems to seldom pass a temperature of 33c (mostly it reaches 31c only), whereas in former ROMs it went up to 37c before crushing...

Request for r9 if I may (think I have mentioned it before):

Can you please add 100, 101 and 102 to the emergency numbers data base?

Thanks for your efforts!

Guest Noonski
Hello Paul

Also, my device now seems to seldom pass a temperature of 33c (mostly it reaches 31c only), whereas in former ROMs it went up to 37c before crushing...

Thanks for your efforts!

Hold on to Requests/ideas for a new R9 thread so they don't get lost in thisR8/RC thread and confuse upcoming Flashers :D

Did you wipe before or after flash (you should wipe before)? They show up fine on a new flash for me.

P

Hello Paul

Thanks for your efforts!

Noted!

P

Did you wipe before or after flash (you should wipe before)? They show up fine on a new flash for me.

P

Ah wiped after, thought best to do it all together like wipe sd card and ext etc... Will try installing the same rom download again, cheers.

[This is when I install the rom, still in recovery mode then go into the options to wipe data, dalvik, sd card, ext, etc...]

Edited by twe

Guest vfrvulcan
I've had this problem sporadically with the HTC Browser in this ROM, but had it more frequently with the browser in CM6. For me this is not always repeatable, i.e. normally trying again to view the page works.

When this happens the browser app just closes with no errors and returns to the previous app.

That page is killing my stock browser too (r7).

same here mine is crashing too.

it lods the full page then a few seconds later no Force close end up back home.

Nice to know I'm not alone and it's not just a bad flash at this end :D

Guest Noonski
Um, try again?

P

I like to give them a chance to find out for themselves :D

(Did 5 years of support and Product Development for WinCE GPS devices)

Now i'm just a Baker, Baking Bread By Day, Baking Modaco Releases By Night.

Edited by Noonski

Guest pfsykes

@Paul

Any update on the iptables / routing tables issue regarding VPN.

Im having a look at VPNC code to see if I can add this as an option in the menu it should help resolve the issue but by programing skills are not what they used to be and Java is a language that I have not used.

Peter

Guest flolee

hmm...quite strange, there are no APN-settings anymore for any italian provider - but they were there with earlier r7 and r8 releases. any clue?

thx :D