New firmware I9000XWJM2 now available

Guest lucasjohny

Guest bigbadwolfie
Very easy to do so... and if you see no speed increase from the new firmwares, I would suggest you might have done so. :(

Not with my experience :(

Run the benchmarks and it's the same as the rest, a little faster in some areas, slower in others. With a side of bugs and a sprinking of Yankie CDMA for good measure.

Mine's rooted, with mimocan's ext4, ROM trimmed down to remove the Samsung crap ie Swype, Layar, DB etc.

Guest DistortedLoop
ROM trimmed down to remove the Samsung crap ie Swype, Layar, DB etc.

You think Swype is crap? Oh. man, that's beyond comprehension for me. I prefer ShapeWriter, but it's the same basic concept...way better way to input text on my phone, in my opinion. :(

Guest jkgtan
Yes. Always after flash you need to root again, if you want it to be rooted.

Thanks

Now realise I had lost my Chinese input after flashing to this ROM :(

Guest AndyCr15
You think Swype is crap? Oh. man, that's beyond comprehension for me. I prefer ShapeWriter, but it's the same basic concept...way better way to input text on my phone, in my opinion. :(

I agree. Text input is probably twice as quick and only needs one thumb with Swype.

Guest bigbadwolfie

That's my opinion, it's loved and hated in equal amounts by the community. My view is that when you are typing too many non-dictionary words ie. technical terminology, shell commands, complex URLs etc it is limited.

Guest DistortedLoop
That's my opinion, it's loved and hated in equal amounts by the community. My view is that when you are typing too many non-dictionary words ie. technical terminology, shell commands, complex URLs etc it is limited.

Sure, for technical stuff I just switch back to Better Keyboard or the stock, but for texting and emails, I can compose them exponentially faster with Swype/ShapeWriter.

I respect your right to disagree, and don't want to hijack this thread to debate keyboards, I was just surprised at your comment, because, despite your assertion that Swype is equally hated/loved in the community, yours is the first post I've ever come across not extolling the virtues of the thing.

Peace!