[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

Very good rom, big thanks! Is there any way to add to AOSP dialer sorting by russian letters in contacts? No one 2.1 rom, even stock, can do that. Only 1.6, xianogen, 2.2 leak can do that...

Sorry for my English :lol:

Guest vikings123

I used Quadrant to benchmark my Liquid.

The result was only 721, when ROM was LCR 1.8.2.1.

post-675858-1284891999_thumb.png

I recovered back to "FRF91 (deodexed) for LiquidE [Rev 4.3]" and my Quadrant index is 1034.

It is about 1/2 of improvement from LCR 1.8.2.1

post-675858-1284892040_thumb.png

Anyone has any idea?

I used Quadrant to benchmark my Liquid.

The result was only 721, when ROM was LCR 1.8.2.1.

I recovered back to "FRF91 (deodexed) for LiquidE [Rev 4.3]" and my Quadrant index is 1034.

It is about 1/2 of improvement from LCR 1.8.2.1

Anyone has any idea?

Believe it or not, those are PRETTY impressive scores for eclair!!!

Guest PhilNelwyn
Anyone has any idea?

Idea about what ?

Anyway, the improvement on 2.2 is normal and known.

(look at the difference between nexus one and nexus one 2.2 in results,

moreover you can notice that with 2.2 the liquid is below the nexus one while with 2.1 the liquid is above)

Edited by PhilNelwyn

We know this but we don"t have the time to fix this now. Moreover dialer is fully functionnal. It is just cosmetic (but we keep it in mind, that is not beautifull).

I am pretty sure that a single png replacement in apk should be enough. If any themer want to have a look. His help would be greatly appreciated.

I can try to resolve this issue. However I'm not a themer, so I can't promise anything. I can try but what's the name of the APK ?

Guest PhilNelwyn
I can try to resolve this issue. However I'm not a themer, so I can't promise anything. I can try but what's the name of the APK ?

Isn't it Phone.apk ? or simply Contacts.apk ?

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest vikings123
Idea about what ?

Anyway, the improvement on 2.2 is normal and known.

(look at the difference between nexus one and nexus one 2.2 in results,

moreover you can notice that with 2.2 the liquid is below the nexus one while with 2.1 the liquid is above)

Wellllll, my point here is that the score from 2.1 Froyo flavor is much higher than the score from 2.2 Froyo leak.

I assumed 2.2 is faster than 2.1. Apparently, based on my testing result, 2.1 is faster than the 2.2 leak.

(I am using baseband from 2.2 for both ROMs)

Guest PhilNelwyn
Wellllll, my point here is that the score from 2.1 Froyo flavor is much higher than the score from 2.2 Froyo leak.

I assumed 2.2 is faster than 2.1. Apparently, based on my testing result, 2.1 is faster than the 2.2 leak.

(I am using baseband from 2.2 for both ROMs)

First I think there's no 2.1 "froyo flavor", I may be wrong but I don't think baseband has anything to do with that kind of performances.

It was hardly understandable as you didn't quote any result for the Acer 2.2 leak (just for Phhusson's FRF91).

And if you meant that LCR 1.8.2.1 is fast, why did you write "The result was only 721, when ROM was LCR 1.8.2.1." ?

Well it's just a communication problem :lol:

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest vikings123
First I think there's no 2.1 "froyo flavor", I may be wrong but I don't think baseband has anything to do with that kind of performances.

It was hardly understandable as you didn't quote any result for the Acer 2.2 leak (just for Phhusson's FRF91).

And if you meant that LCR 1.8.2.1 is fast, why did you write "The result was only 721, when ROM was LCR 1.8.2.1." ?

Well it's just a communication problem :lol:

Sorry for not posting result from Froyo. I used LS 2.2 to do the benchmark.

post-675858-1284974296_thumb.png

And the result...

post-675858-1284974238_thumb.png

Guest Barleyman
imho ramzswap = 0 / swapfile = 200MB

Any official wisdom on this by LCR team? I tried 64 / 250 and yes you have more memory and yes it makes things slooooow.

The setting really needs textboxes, not sliders btw..

Considering how slow flash is, it should be absolute last resort for core, not sure how well android handles that option?

guys, I made my partition via recoveryMalez (128 swap and 1024 mb for apps). It works, but I can't see or use the remain space (circa 6 gb, it's a 8 gb sd card)... What should I do?

Guest PhilNelwyn
Sorry for not posting result from Froyo. I used LS 2.2 to do the benchmark.

And the result... [643]

Oh... ok.

Yes it's a quite low result for a Froyo rom. Strange (?)

guys, I made my partition via recoveryMalez (128 swap and 1024 mb for apps). It works, but I can't see or use the remain space (circa 6 gb, it's a 8 gb sd card)... What should I do?

You don't need any swap partition on your sdcard. Swap on sd is made on the fat32 partition.

Guest PhilNelwyn

Hello Malez.

Is the themes manager only for LCR-f ?

I can't find it in LCR-e.

And thanks again for this great work (I didn't hear you entering my home at night, and changing my phone's RAM and CPU. :lol: )

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest Barleyman
You don't need any swap partition on your sdcard. Swap on sd is made on the fat32 partition.

So any recommendations what values are reasonable for the ramzswap and sdcard swap?

At least neither translates directly to available memory as far as I can tell.

Guest natostanco
So any recommendations what values are reasonable for the ramzswap and sdcard swap?

At least neither translates directly to available memory as far as I can tell.

ramzswap increases memory but slows down the system. My phone has an average of 30M free and 31 processes running without ramzswap and with 200mb of swap file on sdcard. So i will stick with what locutus said: ramzswap=0 swapfile=200.

hope I have not said blasphemy :lol:

Hello Malez.

Is the themes manager only for LCR-f ?

I can't find it in LCR-e.

And thanks again for this great work (I didn't hear you entering my home at night, and changing my phone's RAM and CPU. :lol: )

Theme manager is in addons section

Guest Barleyman
ramzswap increases memory but slows down the system. My phone has an average of 30M free and 31 processes running without ramzswap and with 200mb of swap file on sdcard. So i will stick with what locutus said: ramzswap=0 swapfile=200.

hope I have not said blasphemy :lol:

If the sdcard is actually used for swap, it should provide for some epic slowdowns as class 6 SDHC card is rated for 6MB/s write speed - So swapping out one program should take about 2 seconds to do and swapping such back should be somewhat faster.

Is the swap actually used in some verifiable way? At least it does not seem to affect the free RAM reported by the phone. Can I determine some other way applications are in fact being swapped to sd card?

If the sdcard is actually used for swap, it should provide for some epic slowdowns as class 6 SDHC card is rated for 6MB/s write speed - So swapping out one program should take about 2 seconds to do and swapping such back should be somewhat faster.

Is the swap actually used in some verifiable way? At least it does not seem to affect the free RAM reported by the phone. Can I determine some other way applications are in fact being swapped to sd card?

Try to make some write test on NAND (like /data) partition, you should be surprise :lol:

adb shell free

will report you the true ram size and swap.

Don't trust applications (they don't see ramzswap but use it as it is system mamanged)

Guest Barleyman
adb shell free

will report you the true ram size and swap.

Don't trust applications (they don't see ramzswap but use it as it is system mamanged)

Hmm. With the 32MB RamZswap I see this:

N:\incoming\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell free

total		 used		 free	   shared	  buffers

Mem:	   190152	   180348		 9804			0		  112

Swap:		32760		32756			4

Total:	   222912	   213104		 9808

Applications actually report 34MB free.. Something does not add up here! Same kind of picture with sd swap only. I guess the "buffers" are actually considered free ram.

Speaking of swapping to SD, is there some kind of wear leveling algorithm being used or is the swap file going to kill my card?

Edited by Barleyman