[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

with 240m swap on sd it shows

total         used         free       shared      buffers
Mem: 190152 153640 36512 0 296
Swap: 240516 96172 144344
Total: 430668 249812 180856
[/codebox]

just one little question:

when i partitioned the SD card for apps 2 sd in malez recovery it set up a swap partition didnt it?

is this partition used for swap? because it is not shown in the table shown above ...

im pretty new to all this so maybe someone yould clarify :lol:

tia

el

First off, thank you very much Malez, Vache and everyone else involved in making this fantastic custom ROM. I just got my Liquid E from Rogers about a week ago and gave it like 4 days before I said 'this sucks' and flashed LCR 1.8.2.1 on it. Battery life is so much better then the stock ROM. Again thank you every1 who made this ROM possible.

I do have one question. LCR 1.8.2.1 comes with 2 home screen launchers (ADW & Launcher Pro). By default after a fresh install of LCR it will pop up a prompt asking you which app you want to handle the 'home screen task' with and you're given two choices (ADW or Launcher Pro). I picked ADW and also ticked 'remember this choice' checkbox so it wouldnt nag me again.

I've recently wanted to reinvestigate Launcher Pro but am having trouble finding out where i can choose the 'Forget Defaults' app option for ADW. It doesn't show in the standard 'Manage Applications' list and in LCR settings (where it does display), there are no options similar to what you would find in 'Manage Applications' to make it forget that its the default home screen manager.

Any suggestions?

Guest PhilNelwyn
I've recently wanted to reinvestigate Launcher Pro but am having trouble finding out where i can choose the 'Forget Defaults' app option for ADW. It doesn't show in the standard 'Manage Applications' list and in LCR settings (where it does display), there are no options similar to what you would find in 'Manage Applications' to make it forget that its the default home screen manager.

Any suggestions?

In the standard 'Manage Applications', did you try changing the filtering ('menu') to "All" ?

just one little question:

when i partitioned the SD card for apps 2 sd in malez recovery it set up a swap partition didnt it?

is this partition used for swap? because it is not shown in the table shown above ...

im pretty new to all this so maybe someone yould clarify :lol:

tia

el

You have no need of the swap partition, because it is not used

You are right :

Settings / Application / Button option / Filter / All

Lol thank you Phil & Malez, didn't know you even had that option. I first laid eyes on the Android OS just abt 2 weeks ago, still figuring my way around some things lol. Thanks for the speedy replies guys!

/DZ

Guest Stan Chen
What about wear leveling? Is the SD card swap being written to same blocks over and over?

normally the SD card's controller will handle the wear leveling for itself, so you don't have to worry about it:)

I have managed to tweak LCR settings to speed up loading speed from 30s (with 200 apps installed) to about 1s.

If you want i provide an update, please tell me (I still have to work on other points)

Guest NewAngel
I have managed to tweak LCR settings to speed up loading speed from 30s (with 200 apps installed) to about 1s.

If you want i provide an update, please tell me (I still have to work on other points)

Hi Malez,

Ok for test update.

Have you got ideabox or customkitchen link, where an user can propose a wished function or simply a good idea for a future LCR 1.9, 2.0, 3.0 ...? Long Life to LCR !

Thankyou !

New@ngel

hey malez thats good news :lol:

thanks for all your work!

i would like to have a update because i like the lcr settings and a faster start would be great :)

but only if its not alot of work for you ...

thank you

el

Are you guys sure the run_program works on updater_script? Man, there is no log at all, deliberate mistakes on run_program just skips it without warning. My scripts under it don't run. It's fun to playing with it though.

Also on Froyo leak it is "#!/sbin/sh" not "#!/bin/sh"

thanks

Edited by joos

Im trying to install the LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip rom and I'm getting an error. I copied the recovery.log over to my SD to take a look at it:

Installing from sdcard...

Finding update package...

I:Update location: SDCARD:LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip

Opening update package...

I:Update file path: /sdcard/LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip

I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keys

Verifying update package...

... lots of different files being verified here, I cut them out of this post ...

I:Verified system/media/audio/ringtones/Club_Cubano.ogg

Installing update...

wrong updater binary API; expected 1 or 2, got V0.1

E:Error in /sdcard/LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip

(Status 2)

Installation failed

Any ideas?

If i want to use this LCR for Froyo, which Froyo version i should DL??

You cannot use this over froyo (although it works with the first froyo leak). If you do flash it over a froyo leak, you would loose all the features of froyo except the baseband.

N/M, I'm an idiot. I had installed the recovery image from the superboot.zip instead of the malezrecovery img. Installed the malez recovery 0.6 img and now its installing LCR 1.8.2.2 property.

Sorry for being a moron :lol:

Im trying to install the LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip rom and I'm getting an error. I copied the recovery.log over to my SD to take a look at it:

Installing from sdcard...

Finding update package...

I:Update location: SDCARD:LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip

Opening update package...

I:Update file path: /sdcard/LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip

I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keys

Verifying update package...

... lots of different files being verified here, I cut them out of this post ...

I:Verified system/media/audio/ringtones/Club_Cubano.ogg

Installing update...

wrong updater binary API; expected 1 or 2, got V0.1

E:Error in /sdcard/LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip

(Status 2)

Installation failed

Any ideas?

N/M, I'm an idiot. I had installed the recovery image from the superboot.zip instead of the malezrecovery img. Installed the malez recovery 0.6 img and now its installing LCR 1.8.2.2 property.

I haver restored my phone to retest install B)

So everything is ok, right

thanks for the great fix!

LCR settings now is REALLY fast! :lol:

i also wanted to add that this rom is maybe also compatible with all three froyo leaks (i did nandroid backup from each froyo leak without any problems, but i am a noob so i dont know if its the same as a clean install ? B))

thanks for the great fix!

LCR settings now is REALLY fast! :lol:

i also wanted to add that this rom is maybe also compatible with all three froyo leaks (i did nandroid backup from each froyo leak without any problems, but i am a noob so i dont know if its the same as a clean install ? B))

It is compatible with all froyo leak, just the rom is based on eclair but you can install it without any problem and benefit of its speed waiting for LCR-F

If it is you that opened an issue, please ask to close it. Thank you

If it is you that opened an issue, please ask to close it. Thank you

Nope I didn't open anything in the bugtracker, just posted here. I applied the proper recovery image from you malez 0.6 (does it overwrite the old one?) and then flashed 1.8.2.2 and it did not give me the error I posted earlier.

Also is the Superboot.zip recovery image some older one? I assume malez easy recovery 0.6 is always the one to use.

Edited by DragonZ