[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

If you want fast dormancy, you will lose swap ability. But it could be done (even if i am not sure it worth)

Hmm, I guess it's a trade off. I personally don't use swap, so I wouldn't have a problem losing that feature, but I realize that many people do use it. You're the dev, so if you don't think it's worthwhile to have this feature, then I won't worry about it.

I was wondering if it would be feasible to modify the settings so that the phone switches to EDGE when the screen is off, but when the screen is on, it enables 3g/hspa? I know that when you switch from edge to 3g manually in the settings, it resets the network connection, so I don't know if this feature could be implemented without the need to refresh the connection every time the screen turns on or off.

I do quite like this ROM, it is decidedly more polished than others that I've tried.

Ramzswap + Sdswap (swap is not enabled in stock kernel and we are not able to enable fast dormancy in custom kernel)

Froyo leaks run very cool and compared with Eclair, Froyo spend a lot less energy. Will your "Froyo" release have fast dormancy off too? Any idea if it will be released before October?

Froyo leaks run very cool and compared with Eclair, Froyo spend a lot less energy. Will your "Froyo" release have fast dormancy off too? Any idea if it will be released before October?

Fast dormancy is enabled in LCR-F. . It will be released really soon.

I thought I would try to update my actual bin (to get the latest baseband), but I'm having issues. Using the latest Acer flasher tool it says my current bin isnt compatible with the one im trying to flash (Im on rogers and have a PA-ROG bin), see image 1.

I then got the older acer flash tool (3.1), and when I load the new bin, I get an error message when loading the app (see image 2), and then in the app it tells me the MD5 check failed (image 3). Can I still flash this safely without bricking?

THanks for any advice.

post-761210-1285717532_thumb.jpg

post-761210-1285717539_thumb.jpg

post-761210-1285717546_thumb.jpg

I thought I would try to update my actual bin (to get the latest baseband), but I'm having issues. Using the latest Acer flasher tool it says my current bin isnt compatible with the one im trying to flash (Im on rogers and have a PA-ROG bin), see image 1.

I then got the older acer flash tool (3.1), and when I load the new bin, I get an error message when loading the app (see image 2), and then in the app it tells me the MD5 check failed (image 3). Can I still flash this safely without bricking?

THanks for any advice.

I flashed my Liquid from Rogers without any problem despite the warning with the acer flash tool.

Guest snootched
I flashed my Liquid from Rogers without any problem despite the warning with the acer flash tool.

Same here. When I used one of the latest eclair bins, I had md5 error, but you can flash without worry. On the froyo leaks - md5 passes, and bin is great. No issues with Rogers network here (other than my bill :lol: )

Thanks for the replies bfp & snootch. Normally I rarely care and will do things anyhow even if its risky lol. The 3.1 acer tool is so unintuitive and has broken English, I thought I would ask just in case.

Do you guys notice better battery life with the newer bin?

Same here. When I used one of the latest eclair bins, I had md5 error, but you can flash without worry. On the froyo leaks - md5 passes, and bin is great. No issues with Rogers network here (other than my bill :lol: )
Edited by DragonZ

Guest snootched
Thanks for the replies bfp & snootch. Normally I rarely care and will do things anyhow even if its risky lol. The 3.1 acer tool is so unintuitive and has broken English, I thought I would ask just in case.

Do you guys notice better battery life with the newer bin?

I think it's slightly better - but comes down to which roms&apps you are running... I've gone back to LCR 1.8.x as I can't live without TUN support for OpenVPN :lol:

I think it's slightly better - but comes down to which roms&apps you are running... I've gone back to LCR 1.8.x as I can't live without TUN support for OpenVPN :lol:

I thought updating a 'bin' was a completely different exercise then updating to a custom rom. Can you still upgrade to the latest Acer bin to get an updated baseband, then proceed to throw LCR onto it again?

Guest snootched
I thought updating a 'bin' was a completely different exercise then updating to a custom rom. Can you still upgrade to the latest Acer bin to get an updated baseband, then proceed to throw LCR onto it again?

Yes, bin and rom are two different things..

the bin will give you the updated baseband for the radio etc. as well as the Acer "rom". You can install any cooked rom (like LCR) over top afterwards if you like. I've been toying around with LCR, MIUI, and the default Acer Froyo leak. Each rom has its own merits - so try as many as you like. Just be aware, then when you choose to flash a bin file - you will be flashing over every partition on the device (ie. system, recovery, boot, data, etc) so you will be required to reinstall the Malez recovery image.

it's fast and smooth, but....whenever I am done with USB mass storage data transfer and mount the SD it suddenly sees the SD as corrupt?? I then need to restart the damn phone in order to it to work properly again. anyone with the same issues?

Yes, bin and rom are two different things..

the bin will give you the updated baseband for the radio etc. as well as the Acer "rom". You can install any cooked rom (like LCR) over top afterwards if you like. I've been toying around with LCR, MIUI, and the default Acer Froyo leak. Each rom has its own merits - so try as many as you like. Just be aware, then when you choose to flash a bin file - you will be flashing over every partition on the device (ie. system, recovery, boot, data, etc) so you will be required to reinstall the Malez recovery image.

Right, so does upgrading the baseband , radio , etc from the bin give noticeable differences / better performance. I guess there is no point in staying with older bin's? Unless Acer breaks things of course lol.

Guest snootched
Right, so does upgrading the baseband , radio , etc from the bin give noticeable differences / better performance. I guess there is no point in staying with older bin's? Unless Acer breaks things of course lol.

I haven't seen any hard numbers - and I haven't tried to measure myself. I've only had my phone for about a month now and I've been on 3 bins so far. I'm sure there are fixes and optimizations in every update, but just observations from various posts. When I was on the latest froyo bin, it "seemed" that the battery was lasting longer.. but what to attribute that to.. new baseband, new froyo? etc..

Guest Liquidini
it's fast and smooth, but....whenever I am done with USB mass storage data transfer and mount the SD it suddenly sees the SD as corrupt?? I then need to restart the damn phone in order to it to work properly again. anyone with the same issues?

i have the same problem.

i dont know whats the problem with that

Guest PhilNelwyn
i have the same problem.

i dont know whats the problem with that

Stupid question but... do you 'eject' the device in windows before to turn usb storage off in android ?

Before you turn off "Mass Storage" on the phone you have to unmount the volume on Windows/Linux by "safely remove" on them. If you do that then your SD may be getting old and defective. I had most ROMs out here and never experienced that problem...

i had the same problem, when turning on the swap file in LCR settings. when its turned off theres no problem.

Edited by elgubbo

Before you turn off "Mass Storage" on the phone you have to unmount the volume on Windows/Linux by "safely remove" on them. If you do that then your SD may be getting old and defective. I had most ROMs out here and never experienced that problem...

no worries, i am using Froyo now, no issues at all. i think it has to do with that swap file thingy

Guest DragonZ

Malez / Vache or any other person familiar:

How does the Ad filtering work? Is it just edits to a hosts file in the OS? I noticed Ad filtering works on some banners and not on others. Was wondering if it was a matter of a host not being accounted for.

Malez / Vache or any other person familiar:

How does the Ad filtering work? Is it just edits to a hosts file in the OS? I noticed Ad filtering works on some banners and not on others. Was wondering if it was a matter of a host not being accounted for.

Yes it a matter of host not refenrenced.