[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

Guest Ramdanih
Extract them from the LCR zip (in /data/app) then adb push XXX /data/app/

Just install with file explorer, I'm using Astro and intall .apk.. :(

awesome live wallpapers..

But, use volume up/down keys as d-pad left/right not in my phone.. :(

Guest Rajit
I wasn't able to OC until I ran one of your kernels I found on XDA.

But it doesn't seem to stick to well in SET CPU. Lets me push to 960mhz but not too sure if it is staying there cause the linpack is not consistent.

I was able to get 6.6 - 6.8 Mflops on Xians's v1 consistently with 960mhz but on LCR 1.8 and your kernel I get 5.5 - 6.5 Mflops

when i had flashed xian 0.9 998MHz at 1.275v, I was getting average linpack scores of 7.1-7.2

Didn't use it for long, but apart from wifi, everything was fine and stable...

Edited by Rajit

Guest Master_T

Guys, am I the only one who has problems with Titanium Backup with this rom? Every few minutes the system tells me Titanium is not responding and asks if I want to wait or terminate it. No matter if I wait ot termiante the popup re-appears few minutes later. I tried reinstalling it, but no luck. Titanium itself works great if I use it, it' the process in the background that has problems evidently... any ideas? It never did it with other roms...

Guest Calcvictim
Guys, am I the only one who has problems with Titanium Backup with this rom? Every few minutes the system tells me Titanium is not responding and asks if I want to wait or terminate it. No matter if I wait ot termiante the popup re-appears few minutes later. I tried reinstalling it, but no luck. Titanium itself works great if I use it, it' the process in the background that has problems evidently... any ideas? It never did it with other roms...

mine was doing the same thing, I backed up my apps and unistalled it. after the uninstall I have no more force closes

Guest Master_T
mine was doing the same thing, I backed up my apps and unistalled it. after the uninstall I have no more force closes

Yes well... of course if you uninstall it it won't FC anymore, since it's not running anymore :( But my question is: is there a way to keep it installed and working properly?

Guest grooltor

I have this problem: when phone boots, cpu goes at 100% for about 10 (!!!) minutes... and its used entirely by system!!! Had this problem even with 1.7.3. And I can't enable ramzswap either. What could this be? I'm using an OC kernel (http://acer-liquid- froyo.googlecode.com/ fi...e-998-1.3-2.zip), running at 998mhz and the phone works flawlessly after those 10 minutes after boot completes.

Guest Calcvictim
Yes well... of course if you uninstall it it won't FC anymore, since it's not running anymore :( But my question is: is there a way to keep it installed and working properly?

I wasn't just being obvious, what I meant was that I also have this problem and uninstalling it does not limit your functionality since if you reapply a rom you can install it then and restore your backups which is a simple workaround.

Have you tried to reinstall from market?

Guest Joshuah

Anyone notice really bad battery life? From 100 - 90% was quite slow but from there onwards soo fast.... in now on <10% iam even running juice defender so wifi and 3G is not on all the time etc .. thoughts??

Guest xaueious
Can anyone share old notes apk from lcr 1.7?) Cannot restore it with titanium backup...

Just open up the titanium backup directory and find the apk there. Or extract it from LCR 1.7

Guest Liquidini

i have flashed pph kernel 883mhz and the battery goes down very quickly.

almost 6% per hour on stby.

from battery usage i get

android sytem 94%

cell stby 3%

phone idel 2%

voice calls 2%

i have 2g , wifi off and setcpu on demand.

the only servises i have running are:

3g watchdog(updated every hour)

htc ime

battery indicator pro

android system

android.process.acore x2

com.google.process.gapps

dialer

i had the same problem with xian v1 also.

i have flashed 0.39 , then 1.8lcr , then pph kernel

some apps are restored with titanium backup

Guest proper87

anyone having problems with the dialer script?

i tried to change the dialer, which did work, but now the contacts

are messed up, theres a streched out + sign under every contact

Guest Shange
anyone having problems with the dialer script?

i tried to change the dialer, which did work, but now the contacts

are messed up, theres a streched out + sign under every contact

yep, thats an known bug in the aosp dailer....

Guest xaueious

By the way, Linpack scores are almost purely based on clockspeed, especially with all the ROMs running identical code for the dalvik-engine. Any major discrepencies can probably be traced back to how the cpu frequency governor reacts. Don't just flash a ROM because of higher or lower LinPack scores. There's more to it than LinPack. Launcher SetCPU and trace down the tunable settings. Then also try to find out what patches they have applied to their kernel because you guys are probably wrong if you just look at that stuff :(

I'm on LCR

Edited by xaueious

Guest alfarobl
i have flashed pph kernel 883mhz and the battery goes down very quickly.

almost 6% per hour on stby.

i had the same problem with xian v1 also.

i have flashed 0.39 , then 1.8lcr , then pph kernel

some apps are restored with titanium backup

I have same issues with both lcr and xian since updated to custom kernels to use netfilter.

When i turn on phone battery shows charging with no USB cable attached! Strange maybe battery is broken... Using cameron sino extended one. Will try when i get back home with original one.

Same for you? Have you tried going back with update tool? I went back with nandroid to .39 and original kernel and still had bad battery performance.

Guest Shange
Hello, which official ROM version is the best for the LCR 1.8 ?

Read first post.....

"based on 1.100.39 bin (not on a stream dump) with fixed bugs."

Guest Rajit

@malez or anyone who knows...

I need instructions on how to repack boot.img.. i was able to unpack it using a script. but when i try to repack it, i get an error saying that i dont have makebootimg package and i need to install it from git... but i have no idea how to work with git (although i do have it installed on my system)... i could really appreciate some instructions...

Edited by Rajit

Guest HustlinDaily

Has anybody tried to get the Stream camera/camcorder apps to work?

And also has anybody tried to port the Android 2.0 lockscreen to this?

Those 2 things would make the ROM perfect for me :)

Guest vanahaim

Stream camera works perfect. But you have to delete data/data/com.android.camera to avoid FC´s.

if someone want to try the stream camera, you can flash signed here

(nandroid backup first !!!)

Edited by vanahaim

Guest Rajit

And also has anybody tried to port the Android 2.0 lockscreen to this?

Those 2 things would make the ROM perfect for me :)

the stream camera does work.. look back into the thread.. somebody provided an update.zip for it... i can confirm that it works.

Guest HustlinDaily

Thanks alot guys! IT WORKED.

I thought I will miss 1.7.3 but so far, NOT AT ALL. LCR 1.8+GalaxyLiquid+Battery % Mod+Stream Camera=WIN.

As great as Dolby was, sound on this is equally good (for me anyways). And I think it is faster.

Guest Rajit
Thanks alot guys! IT WORKED.

I thought I will miss 1.7.3 but so far, NOT AT ALL. LCR 1.8+GalaxyLiquid+Battery % Mod+Stream Camera=WIN.

As great as Dolby was, sound on this is equally good (for me anyways). And I think it is faster.

I have the same combo, except the % mod (don really like it)..

Its much faster... AND if you wanna try something cool.. try flashing the 920 mhz boot provided with the new LS rom. I did, and my phone has been like a breeze... been trying to change the bootlogo, thats why i asked how to repack the boot.img a few posts back.