[ROM] AOSP/CM6 for liquid (new Aug 10)

Guest koudelka

Guest boostnek9

ok I got Ubuntu on a VM...I'm going to start messing arround but I just want to know what is the best software used to edit/compile ?

Guest koudelka
ok I got Ubuntu on a VM...I'm going to start messing arround but I just want to know what is the best software used to edit/compile ?

join #acer-liquid on freenode and I might be able to give you some help

Or you can post questions in my other thread, http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...osp-for-liquid/

#acer-liquid-users for users!

Edited by koudelka

Guest koudelka
Downloading... :D

Flashing... :P

Booting... :P

Testing... :D

Thanks Koudelka, I knew you could do a nice work. :D

Thank you, Hope you like it :) would love to hear your experience :lol:

Edited by koudelka

Guest akira.pwr
Thank you, Hope you like it :D would love to hear your experience :D

Tried with a 998Mhz and it reboot, with other roms always worked fine, even phhroyo, tried 880 and reboot, so I've reflashed with standard frequency and it works smooth, but I have to use a task manager to keep free ram over 40Mb for a perfect feeling and smooth, with phhroyo I don't need any task manager, for real...

Quadrant give me better results than before, now is over 620 at 768Mhz, not bad if you think what's the previous run.

For me it's very good rom, for daily use, if you don't need long battery life (and I don't need, I can charge frequently).

Cyanogen personalization is nice, you don't need a theme to change notification bar color.

I continue to test, very good work anyway. :)

Edit: Why I can't use flash player adobe? Market don't show me it....

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest koudelka
Tried with a 998Mhz and it reboot, with other roms always worked fine, even phhroyo, tried 880 and reboot, so I've reflashed with standard frequency and it works smooth, but I have to use a task manager to keep free ram over 40Mb for a perfect feeling and smooth, with phhroyo I don't need any task manager, for real...

Quadrant give me better results than before, now is over 620 at 768Mhz, not bad if you think what's the previous run.

For me it's very good rom, for daily use, if you don't need long battery life (and I don't need, I can charge frequently).

Cyanogen personalization is nice, you don't need a theme to change notification bar color.

I continue to test, very good work anyway. :)

Edit: Why I can't use flash player adobe? Market don't show me it....

I have now uploaded a fresh new build :D this one has full market so you can download flash player. Please read top of first post for more information

Edited by koudelka

Guest koudelka
Great, I'm downloading it, was a surprise how good is this rom. :D

Thanks! :D I hope you will like the latest version :) so far I am really pleased with it :P

Guest koudelka
ive seen a lot of cool boot up animations for these builds, how do you install?

It is just a zipfile with the animation :D just place in /system/media/

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vend...d5e752ae820f6b1

is the one currently used

hey Koud,

Is this the same version as 0.5 of Xian/Koud CM6-RC2?

It is the same frameworks and libs, but Xian/Koud CM6-RC2 has some added applications and such that I know some users like :D. The rom here is more to be a pure CM6+google experience. then of course it is possible to add applications on top of that yourself :)

Guest koudelka

WARNING: ROAMING IS ENABLED BY DEFAULT

Please go to Settings -> wireless and network settings -> mobile networks, and uncheck Data roaming if you don't want that

Guest dr3amz
WARNING: ROAMING IS ENABLED BY DEFAULT

Please go to Settings -> wireless and network settings -> mobile networks, and uncheck Data roaming if you don't want that

theres 2 options - enable data over mobile network and enable data roaming...

do i need to turn both of these off? i've got an unlimited plan with t-mobile (probably with a 1gb fair use policy)

I'm guessing the first one is just normal data connection and should be on? :)

btw: i find flash on this rom to be farrrrrrr superior to that of phhroyo on either frf50/91 so well done! now get the camera working!

Edited by dr3amz

Guest Quipeace
theres 2 options - enable data over mobile network and enable data roaming...

do i need to turn both of these off? i've got an unlimited plan with t-mobile (probably with a 1gb fair use policy)

I'm guessing the first one is just normal data connection and should be on? :D

btw: i find flash on this rom to be farrrrrrr superior to that of phhroyo on either frf50/91 so well done! now get the camera working!

You want to enable data connection, but disable roaming. roaming (aka going abroad for most operators) will kill your bank account :).

Guest Seth Cold
waiting for your cm7 to fix camera work. :)

cyanogen mod 7 will be... GINGERBREAD!

cyanogen launches a new version with each android version released...

Guest Joshuah
cyanogen mod 7 will be... GINGERBREAD!

cyanogen launches a new version with each android version released...

so until that is released.. we wont have a camera? or ?

is there any progress on the camera? or is it something that will just be left alone as low priority ?

Guest akira.pwr

It's simply very hard to fix, it's a high priority issue but until now, it don't work.

Everyone is waiting for camera (but not me, I'm using this awesome rom daily).

Guest koudelka
waiting for your cm7 to fix camera work. :)

Haha :D I should make it more clear that I am not the creator of Cyanogenmod. I just downloaded their code, and compiled it for our liquid (using the hardware fixes phh had made for us). CM6 is their latest version (not actually released as stable yet) and it is based of android 2.2, CM7 will probably be based of whatever next version Google releases. Please go to www.cyanogenmod.com to get more information about cyanogenmod and their team, also for a Change log for CM6 with proper credits for the people who has made all the work for this rom please look here

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vend.../CHANGELOG.mkdn

so until that is released.. we wont have a camera? or ?

is there any progress on the camera? or is it something that will just be left alone as low priority ?

Camera is being actively worked on all the time, the problem is we cant just use our drivers from 2.1 since there has been some changes how camera stuff works with 2.2. Phh is working on reverse engineering some of the libs that are breaking. Cyanogen and his team is also having this problem since some of the phone they support only got 2.1 libs too. They are also working on a fix (looks like it is done from reading his twitter, just waiting for the release). Hopefully their fix will also work for us, or at least help us get closer to having a working camera