Froyo on Desire starting today

Guest pina

Guest le_lutin
sorry m8, dont speak chinese, just got a tip for that and used google translate to view the site. besides i dont see many people from china registered here using htc handsets running android, since htc devices were branded as something else there, ithink it was dopod. it is just recently this week that htc began selling their phones as thier own brand in china.

people from china didnt have the use for android modaco until now, since modaco doesnt support dopod devices, so probably in some time we will see people from there registering as users here at modaco as they will have htc branded phones now.

but i think one could get his hands on an HTC device from the official retailers in china as from yesterday, day they began selling under their own brand.

excuse the typos :(

I have no doubt that the official 2.2 is coming soon, I just don't think that anyone currently has it, or that it's currently being shipped with 2.2. Could be in the coming weeks though.

I have no doubt that the official 2.2 is coming soon, I just don't think that anyone currently has it, or that it's currently being shipped with 2.2. Could be in the coming weeks though.

this is just like the JUNE 23rd date that people rumored... LOL

anyway... I have the desire unbranded and unlocked, running stock rom. i have a 2 year warranty on it so i am keeping my flashing needs strictly to my old omnia i900. like the desire how it is, and can wait for the official OTA update.

would love to use the 2.1 on omnia though, but the andromnia project isnt going very well.....

Edited by kav

Guest Emperork

I scan for updates once a weekish.

Normally I have a pending radio update, but I don't update because I'm rooted.

Last night, the update was still there as an option.

This morning, for the first time, no updates were available. I haven't updated the phone prior to this so.... changes might be afoot?

I scan for updates once a weekish.

Normally I have a pending radio update, but I don't update because I'm rooted.

Last night, the update was still there as an option.

This morning, for the first time, no updates were available. I haven't updated the phone prior to this so.... changes might be afoot?

could be that if a notififcation is ignored for some time, then it doesnt appear again. but it could also be that u are right that there is something going on with the updates.... like always, just have to wait and see.

Guest petermgates

From T-Mobile's twitter feed @TmobileUKhelp this afternoon.

Hello tweety peeps , just a quick FYI for all you Desire owners. We are aiming to roll out 2.2 in September but we cannot give an exact date.

Seriously... Why bother?

Guest le_lutin
From T-Mobile's twitter feed @TmobileUKhelp this afternoon.

Hello tweety peeps , just a quick FYI for all you Desire owners. We are aiming to roll out 2.2 in September but we cannot give an exact date.

Seriously... Why bother?

Why bother what? Tweeting this message? Or releasing the ROM in september?

Guest dieseldk
Just got an e-mail from HTC e-Club Norway stating that 2.2 will be available this weekend :(

Got the same mail from e-culb denmark

awesome so scandinavian htc confirmed the update for this weekend??!!! but it saturday and its 18hrs,, but still no sign of an update here.

been checking the htc/no website every hour,, but no mention there either... :(

this is starting to be illegal as it begining to be considered as torture waiting-.......