Android 2.1 for Streak is coming, closer than before

Guest Eric.Druse

Guest hobochangba
Sorry, man. I just cannot do this. It's not my baby, I do not wanna ruin the other guy's career. I do not have it on hand right now, need to check with him.

I'm sure they wont mind a few extra testers :(

Guest Strakerr3

So i'm confused, Why bother posting this if you're not willing to share >_<?

Seems basically a 'haha I got 2.1 and you can't have it' sort of thing going on here :/..

If its on your harddrive why can't you just upload it to somewhere such as rapidshare/megaupload/hotfile/mediafire?

Then post us a link.

Android is open :X

Nothing open about showing it off and not sharing :(..

TBH I'd have rather have just waited for the OTA.

False hope sucks donkey nuts :(

Edited by Strakerr3

Guest s.joel.kong

Eric doesnt have 2.1 on his phone playa. That phone running 2.1 in the picture is his homie that works for Dell. He's just showing us a good few pictures of the Streak running 2.1. So yeah, stop asking him to upload 2.1 to share to the community or whatever. He doesnt have it... once again Eric thank you for sharing pictures of the Streak running 2.1. :(

Guest Eric.Druse
Eric doesnt have 2.1 on his phone playa. That phone running 2.1 in the picture is his homie that works for Dell. He's just showing us a good few pictures of the Streak running 2.1. So yeah, stop asking him to upload 2.1 to share to the community or whatever. He doesnt have it... once again Eric thank you for sharing pictures of the Streak running 2.1. :(

Thanks for your understanding. That's right. Because of so many people are asking when we can get Android 2.x, I just got message and pictures from one guy and share with you all, telling that android 2.x is coming soon. Dell promised to update to it in Sep. Based on current situation, probally it will be sooner.

And that guy isnot willing to send update pakage to me, but I can ask him to do some test once you guys interested in.

To *Strakerr3*, sorry sir, maybe you are right, I should not post such pictures here, but don't you feel excited that 2.x is coming soon, dont you want to know about it in advance?

Guest hobochangba
Thanks for your understanding. That's right. Because of so many people are asking when we can get Android 2.x, I just got message and pictures from one guy and share with you all, telling that android 2.x is coming soon. Dell promised to update to it in Sep. Based on current situation, probally it will be sooner.

And that guy isnot willing to send update pakage to me, but I can ask him to do some test once you guys interested in.

To *Strakerr3*, sorry sir, maybe you are right, I should not post such pictures here, but don't you feel excited that 2.x is coming soon, dont you want to know about it in advance?

I'm confused. In your other thread you said its on your hard drive also you said you'd updated to 6267.

so which is true?

Guest Strakerr3
I'm confused. In your other thread you said its on your hard drive also you said you'd updated to 6267.

so which is true?

Yeh kinda confused to.

Also i'd rather just wait till it comes :( rather than be told that some people have it and others can't.

Everyone is excited thats why it sucks, You made it seem in the beginning that it was a pretty sure thing that you may be able to get it. Even said you had it on your harddrive.

and now you don't have it? :/..

Confused :(..

Guest maskaler

Nice one for the linpack tests. 4.2 is the best I could get on my streak so 7is quite an improvement!

Guest courtlandre

Could I request a benchmark from FPS2d? Also in the marketplace. Thanks!!

Edit- The reason I find this test interesting is because the streak only gets 30 max... which is about half of what is should get. Maybe you can ask your friend @ Dell if they plan on fixing this issues. Although perhaps it was already been fixed hence why I'm asking for you to run the benchmark. Thanks!

Edited by courtlandre

Guest Eric.Druse

so which is true?

Hi, all. I am tired to explain further. Build 6267 is in my hard drive for sure. But its android 1.6. Android 2.1 is not on hand yet. And the build number of 2.1 is 558, that is what we can see from the picture. Why build number of 2.1 is lower than 1.6, I donot know the reason of it.

Guest Eric.Druse
Yeh kinda confused to.

Also i'd rather just wait till it comes :( rather than be told that some people have it and others can't.

Everyone is excited thats why it sucks, You made it seem in the beginning that it was a pretty sure thing that you may be able to get it. Even said you had it on your harddrive.

and now you don't have it? :/..

Confused :(..

Please consider that the reseacher has his/her friends for sure, so few people can get some beta software before official release. I have 6267 on hand, yes. But 2.1 is not. If you guys has any interesting in 6267, I can do something to share it, the 'update.pkg' is 92.5 MB, can NOT be emailed or posted here. Please be noticed, it's for US, not for EU.

But I think you guys are fond of 2.1 more. And from the picture, we can see it's for EU, so I guess you guys will get android 2.x on streak earlier than yankees.

Good luck, everybody.

Edited by Eric.Druse

Guest hobochangba
Please consider that the reseacher has his/her friends for sure, so few people can get some beta software before official release. I have 6267 on hand, yes. But 2.1 is not. If you guys has any interesting in 6267, I can do something to sharem, the 'update.pkg' is 92.5 MB, can NOT email or post here. Please be noticed, it's for US, not for EU.

But I think you guys are fond of 2.1 more. And from the picture, we can see it's for EU, so I guess you guys will get android 2.x on streak earlier than yankees.

Good luck, everybody.

Thanks for the clarification Eric.

Personally from the update I'm looking forward to having multitouch most and a bit more speed for emulators.

Guest Eric.Druse

And, he said there are a few of bugs of this android 2.1, I will try to contact with him about the progress of it by this weekend. Hope they team can fix those bugs and get approval soon. Then we can have more fun with streak.

Guest Eric.Druse
Could I request a benchmark from FPS2d? Also in the marketplace. Thanks!!

Edit- The reason I find this test interesting is because the streak only gets 30 max... which is about half of what is should get. Maybe you can ask your friend @ Dell if they plan on fixing this issues. Although perhaps it was already been fixed hence why I'm asking for you to run the benchmark. Thanks!

OK, no problem. I've sent him a message already. Cannot get contact with him now. Hope to get the test result by tomorrow.

Guest Eric.Druse
Thanks for the clarification Eric.

Personally from the update I'm looking forward to having multitouch most and a bit more speed for emulators.

Got it. Thanks for your understanding. I am eager to get 2.1 as well.

Guest courtlandre

Thanks for the info Eric. I think MANY people here would be interested in getting the 6267 build if you would be able to post it somewhere like http://megaupload.com/. If you aren't supposed to share it, then don't worry about it! We don't want you to get in trouble!

Guest maskaler
Hi, all. I am tired to explain further. Build 6267 is in my hard drive for sure. But its android 1.6. Android 2.1 is not on hand yet. And the build number of 2.1 is 558, that is what we can see from the picture. Why build number of 2.1 is lower than 1.6, I donot know the reason of it.

My guess is that they would start their code base at v 1.6.0, then they have a server that builds a new release for the testers after each check in. Our code is the result of some 4339 check ins, and yours is 6267 check ins. Then they'll branch this code, port it to 2.1 and start from 0 again, so they have made 558 revisions on the 2.1 source code which is about a 6th of where we were with the release version of the 1.6 code, so they've probably been spending a considerable amount of time on 2.1 which is nice.

Re your comment about the UK/EU folks getting it first, I hope we do! It must be tough for the guys in the US to hear us moaning about our Streaks when they can't even get their hands on one.

Guest fards

What would be interesting eric, is if your contract is a dev rather than just a beta tester, to suggest that they open up the beta process a bit. There's several of us who are technical enough to get involved and be of some use I think...

Guest maskaler
What would be interesting eric, is if your contract is a dev rather than just a beta tester, to suggest that they open up the beta process a bit. There's several of us who are technical enough to get involved and be of some use I think...

...and some of us are even willing to face steep learning curves to get involved... :(

Guest jsmanrique

Is it possible to create a custom ROM for Dell Streak from OSS source code, without propietary parts, based on 2.2? Any reference docs? I've been trying some kernels, and system.img but they seem to fail.

Thanks in advance!