Acer Liquid Screen Repair

Guest iakonadub

Guest Paulska
I would certainly hope they are the same :S

I only know that they upgraded the RAM on the liquid E from the original liquid. I don't see why they should make a new screen for it as it seems to share the same problem with the sensor, sensitivity etc. I hope someone has tested it out and told us, cause I like to know too as I have the E as well!!

Maybe you can ask the seller if it is compatible with liquid E, if you see one that is compatible with both liquid and liquid e, chance it is that they are all the same

well if you look at the iphone the screen was the same between some versions but they would purposly change the ribbon plugs.

so does anyone have a "for sure" answer to these 2 questions.. please.

1. is the s100 screen the same as the liquid e?

2. on my gf's phone the glass is cracked but everything works. touchscreen and lcd is 100% working. can i just replace the glass or do i have to get the full package?

please someone help, has no one broken their Liquid e on this forum yet only the a1?

Guest Morris Lee
well if you look at the iphone the screen was the same between some versions but they would purposly change the ribbon plugs.

2. on my gf's phone the glass is cracked but everything works. touchscreen and lcd is 100% working. can i just replace the glass or do i have to get the full package?

please someone help, has no one broken their Liquid e on this forum yet only the a1?

The glass anwd the LCD are attached, so dust does not get in

Guest davescraggs

I've got a Liquid that was dropped over Christmas resulting in black screen edges of what appears to be lose liquid.

I came straight to this forum hoping there was a how-to disemmble guide. Luckily, I just found a really great guide on xda, and as a few people have requested a guide here is the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=845068

So thanks to BOB220660 I'll give the screen replacement a go.

UPDATE: Sorry, just noticed that somebody else linked this guide on the 28th :/

Edited by davescraggs

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ANIMAL_A

Hi

Just dropped my acer phone and the screen has gone all black in the top and bottom right side corners of the screen.

I have the disassemble guide but I am concerned about the instructions rip and paste in the guide.

For those of you that have gone through the procedure was it a case of "RIP" or more of a peel ?

When it says paste is the material still sticky or did you have to apply glue? if so what did you use?

any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Guest Mad_Dog67
I would certainly hope they are the same :S

I only know that they upgraded the RAM on the liquid E from the original liquid. I don't see why they should make a new screen for it as it seems to share the same problem with the sensor, sensitivity etc. I hope someone has tested it out and told us, cause I like to know too as I have the E as well!!

Maybe you can ask the seller if it is compatible with liquid E, if you see one that is compatible with both liquid and liquid e, chance it is that they are all the same

Although the A1 and the Liquid E Are very close and very similar. As i too have the Liquid E, and need to replace my screen.

There is however a difference that i can find, and as i do research, to make sure i don't order a screen that will not work with my Liquid E.

That difference is that the A1 Does Not Have any Multi-Touch features as the Liquid E has the Multi-Touch.

The A1 you cant double tap to zoom in, and you cant pinch zoom either. With my Liquid E i can bring my 2 fingers closer, and spread them apart, and it will zoom accordingly.

I have no "For Sure" Answer to the questions we are all asking. "Does the Liquid A1/S100 have the exact same screen as the Liquid E???"

My answer is. I am still not sure. I'm still digging, and researching hoping to find the answer myself.

I did Find 2 Screens, 1 for the Liquid E, and 1 for the A1/S100.

The 1 for the Liquid E, is expensive, at $150.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Acer-Liquid-E-LCD-and-...emZ130422080964

The 1 for the A1/S100 is Much Cheaper at $45

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280613307763

If Anyone Has Actually Found out whether they are in fact the same, or if anyone has tried using the A1 screens, and works fully. Any help Appreciated!

Hope this Helps. Thanks In Advance.

Edited by Mad_Dog67

Guest HustlinDaily

A1 has multitouch, pinch to zoom and double tap to zoom. It wasn't activated on Donut but was in Eclair.

The sensors are not great but have yet to see any Liquid E test proving that it isn't the same.

Guest Paulska

gks12345 wrote this on the XDA forums.

Old 19th January 2011, 12:04 AM

I just purchased one of the $50 A1/S100 screen for my Liquid E and it was the exact same screen. The product code on the one that I purchased was identical to the screen that came with the phone.

i dropped my phone and now the screen is only black. It seems the phone can start and i can feel the haptic feedback as I do the gesture of unlocking the screen. And I can see the backlight working. So it seems the phone is working correctly and the touch screen is working but everything is black.

Has anyone had the same problem? Is it solvable by replacing the screen? Or maybe just some connectivity issues on the circuits?

thanks

Omg, I'm so relieved at the moment :D

I tried stripping the phone to pieces to see if I could find any visible defects, and as i suspected I couldn't find anything weird to my amateure eyes.

For a couple of days now I've been really sad thinking that I had to buy a new android phone. I'm a student and that kind of money is very precious to me :D

BUT NOW I just tried putting in a spare battery I had lying around and THE PHONE NOW WORKS PERFECT.

Didn't think a screen malfunction could be a result of a battery failing.. Anyhow, I'm just very glad at the moment :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest franklar

did you put a bit of fresh glue under the replacement screen, or it stays in place as is without problems?

I just took off mine, it looks dirty underneat, not 100% sure it will stick :|

Edited by franklar

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Splux

Hey, I dropped my phone yesterday with the screen turned down against the ground... On the bus, epic fail which resulted in a lovely crack the covers my right corner.

I've found a new LCD display to order, but I have no clue how I should disassemble my phone, replace the screen and the put the phone together and actually have a working phone after the operation.

So, anyone, could you please write a little "how-to"?

I know that someone said he would do it, but, I think he forgot it or something...

Thanks in advance, I'll give ya a cookie :D

Guest WhiteWithin

Hi every one.

I just changed my lcd on my acer liquid, it was quite simple but now, only 1 touch (previous touch) is working. My home touch and other touch doesnt work anymore.

Those who have changed screen too, can you tell me if you did something special about this touch? it seems to have some "glue" on my original screen. Did you put some glue?

I have searched everywhere with google but I can't find any answer. Thank you for your help!

Guest WhiteWithin
Please read this: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/314...epair/page/20/# comment and download the repair manual. It is very, very clear about how to (dis)assemble the Liquid.

of course I downloaded it and read it step by step to disassemble my liquid. Everything went fine, but when I reassembled it, my new screen is working perfectly, but my keys (under the screen), only the back key is working fine. Did you put some glue or something else or just nothing? Mr Vanes? If you don't understand my question, i'll post you a photo to explain my problem.

Guest MrVanes

No, I didn't apply any (extra) glue to repair my screen. I can only advise you to check all flatcable connections and headers carefully if they are fit snugly into their counterpart. Especially the hardware keys under the screen have a nasty origami way of bending to the backplane, as you have seen!

Edited by MrVanes

Guest WhiteWithin
No, I didn't apply any (extra) glue to repair my screen. I can only advise you to check all flatcable connections and headers carefully if they are fit snugly into their counterpart. Especially the hardware keys under the screen have a nasty origami way of bending to the backplane, as you have seen!

ok thank you for your advice, I'll try to disassemble and reassemble it completely to check everything, I'll tell you if it works

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shahar2k

curious to know whether you fixed your button issue, I have the same problems (back, home, search, menu keys barely responsive 1/10th of the time maybe) and it's rather annoying I'd rather not have to re-open the phone again without knowing what to look for.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jnemeth

I'm glad to announce that I have managed to replace my screen. It was less difficult than expected... :mellow:

The manual linked up here is perfect (tough some parts in my phone were slightly different) and if someone need I also can recommend a seller on ebay who delivers correctly and on low price.

Thanks for everybody here who helped with collecting info, linking the manual and giving hints!

• 2 months later...
Guest tkalfaoglu

Some moron forcefully tried to insert a USB into the phone and the USB connector lifted off the motherboard.

I need to take the phone apart and see if I can re-solder the USB to the MB.. Any ideas on how to go about that?

Thankss, -t

• 7 months later...
Guest joker87

Hi guys, my liquid fell off to the ground and the glass screen protector broke up, is full of crack. Luckily touchscreen and displays look fine. Acer support only replace all the display and of course it costs more than the phone worths, so I'd like to know if any of you knows a cheap way to repair the GLASS ONLY.

Sorry, I haven't read all thread coz it seems they only speak about whole screen replacement, now I'll give a closer look. Thx

PS: Yep, someone with the same issue... I'll give a look.

hey guys, just dropped my liquid E and the lens cracked.

the screen is 100 % functional just the glass has a split through the middle.

would i have to get a whole new lcd and lens combo or am i able to replace just the glass.

Ive only been ablt to find this and thats a tad expencive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Acer-Liquid-E-LCD-and-...583835149076722

any suggestions? is the s100/a1 screen the same as the E?

thanks Paul

Edited by joker87