Official: HTC rolling out Android 2.2, 720p video, iTunes sync to unlocked Euro Desires this weekend

Guest manicyaz

Guest distantstorm
sure apple will kill this feature with a future update, as it did with palm pre sync... solution: use a previous version of itunes :-)

"Also, through the update, HTC Sync will allow HTC Desire users to sync their music with iTunes."

From this, I'm pretty sure it's just going to be the HTC Sync software that allows you to pick playlists from your currently iTunes Library that will get synced. I don't think any company will try direct syncing again like Palm did. With a bit of luck it will go a bit further and allow you to select last 3 podcasts and the like but I wouldn't bet on it. Mind you, I'm not entirely sure what HTC sync lets you do already since I'm on a Hackintosh and they've never released a Mac version. Think they assume all OSX users will have iPhones. Bit annoying.

Guest corsin
I read that it just sends a link to download from the marketplace so not a true 'app share'

here are some screens

desire-froyo-app-sharing-01.pngdesire-froyo-app-sharing-02.pngdesire-froyo-app-sharing-03.png

really nothing special :-) IMHO

most of the people are discussing the new features to come and what they can do,,, but anyone received the update yet?

still waiting here in scandinavian countries. no update yet. some other places , some people are mentioning that they contacted htc uk who denied the update for this weekend....... so what is going on?

engadget writes they heard directly from HTC that the update is for this weekend.... pffffftt... i suppose sunday also could be considered as a waiting day?

come on,, dont tell me that the update will come sunday evening........ this is torture and not legal.... :(

Guest mniewiera

htc germany posted on their facebook account ( http://www.facebook.com/htcde?v=wall&s...2537&ref=mf )

"Hallo liebe Fans, leider können wir den Twitter von HTC-Holland nicht bestätigen. Wir können nur sagen, wir sind nah dran, aber eben noch nicht fertig mit dem Froyo-Release für Desire."

which means as much as:

hello fans, sorry but we cant confirm htc-nl´s twitter. all we can say is, we are allmost there, but not yet done with the froyo release for the desire.

Guest Fightspit
htc germany posted on their facebook account ( http://www.facebook.com/htcde?v=wall&s...2537&ref=mf )

"Hallo liebe Fans, leider können wir den Twitter von HTC-Holland nicht bestätigen. Wir können nur sagen, wir sind nah dran, aber eben noch nicht fertig mit dem Froyo-Release für Desire."

which means as much as:

hello fans, sorry but we cant confirm htc-nl´s twitter. all we can say is, we are allmost there, but not yet done with the froyo release for the desire.

Look at the date before posting ...

It was said on Thursday but now we are sure at 99% that Froyo will be available over this weekend.

Look at here:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/30/officia...deo-capture-to/

Edited by Fightspit

Look at the date before posting ...

It was said on Thursday but now we are sure at 99% that Froyo will be available over this weekend.

Look at here:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/30/officia...deo-capture-to/

based on this post at engadget that this thread was opened,, everybody is talking about the new features, but i still cant see anyone posting about seeing an update somewhere in europe. as far as what people received on twitter and emails from htc, the HTC in the scandinavian countries have confirmed the upgrade for this weekend as well. someone posted here that he received a email from e-club htc in norway and they confirmed the upgrade for this weekend. same for danemark and holland as well. but the other european countries like HTC uk and germany denied the upgrade is coming this weekend.

hmmmm.... what to believe then???

i think its best if expectations are not set too high for this weekend since there are so many confirmations and denials,, until someone posts that they actually received the notififcation and running/done the upgrade, we'll just have to keep waiting i guess.

Guest bhu73
iTunes? :( Beurk...

The day me or my phone or any computer I own goes near Itunes will be a cold day in hell.

The reason I am on modaco is so "I" have control over "my" phone and "my" music and "my" apps and not some poloneck wearing organ harvesting muppet ;-)

The day me or my phone or any computer I own goes near Itunes will be a cold day in hell.

The reason I am on modaco is so "I" have control over "my" phone and "my" music and "my" apps and not some poloneck wearing organ harvesting muppet ;-)

huuuzzzzaaaaaaaahhhh to that!!!! :(

Guest squrl

+1000

lol, this made my day! :(

got something to share, apparently some danish forum are reporting that they are receiving the froyo update on their unbranded desires. that remains to be confirmed. some other people in danemark still didnt get the update, others are saying they have...... nothing still here in norway.......

Guest LUTRAM
got something to share, apparently some danish forum are reporting that they are receiving the froyo update on their unbranded desires. that remains to be confirmed. some other people in danemark still didnt get the update, others are saying they have...... nothing still here in norway.......

Do you have link to forum?

Guest ZiCoN

Danish here... I just checked, but no update.... But I do have MCR R6 on mine... dunno if that has something to say wether my device sees the update or not.

Guest zomig
Danish here... I just checked, but no update.... But I do have MCR R6 on mine... dunno if that has something to say wether my device sees the update or not.

you will only get the update if you are running a stock rom....

Do you have link to forum?

dont have the link to the forum, but if u read the comments at engadgets on the desire update article, look for stoneydk comments.

as i mentioned, this remains to be confirmed. could be people just talking.... hopefully not though.

Guest knudsen81

I'm also from denmark and have a stock rom but no update here :(

Guest oleander

Being from Denmark I just searched the pages I know that could bring news about Android and found this:

http://www.mobilsiden.dk/?aId=12174

Just run it thru google translate and you get the meaning.

But heres an excerpt:

- "Vi er glade for, allerede at kunne udrulle Froyo til Desire, inklusive vores forbedringer til HTC Sense", siger HTC's nordiske direktør Peter Frølund til Mobilsiden.dk

roughly translated to

"We are pleased to be able to deploy Froyo on Desire allready - including our enhancements to HTC Sense" is the Nordic director of HTC, Peter Frølund, saying to Mobilsiden.dk

Acording to the article, the update should start yesterday. Havent seen it here.

Neither have anyone on http://androidforum.dk/

Guest StuMcBill
Which RUU ROM (stock rom) do i need to get the OTA update?

Thanks in advanced.

I am deliberately not telling you which one, because if you upgrade to the new froyo from HTC, you run the risk of maybe NEVER being able to root your phone again!

Just wait a couple of hours till devs release a rooted version with the HBOOT update removed!

Guest shaigrin
I am deliberately not telling you which one, because if you upgrade to the new froyo from HTC, you run the risk of maybe NEVER being able to root your phone again!

Just wait a couple of hours till devs release a rooted version with the HBOOT update removed!

Thank you.

I still use r3.1 which is very good for me and decided to wait to the official Froyo.

I believe you right and it is good to wait for the rooted official 2.2.