04/Aug 2.09.405.8 (Froyo) pre-rooted no hboot / with radio / deodex

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sinkingfish
I'll have a WIP kitchen up today that we can craft into the next MCR.. :D

P

Paul will you be making a vanilla-esq ROM based off the HTC release ? I hate sense :)

Guest simonp2

lol @ the angle

So Im on the R5 cooked rom which updated my stock phone. I have titanium and Wavesecure installed and have backed up my contacts to google as well as with titanium. I presume titanium stores the backup on the SD Card. If I were to use Rom Manager and do a wipe before installing this new rom, what happens to my info on the sd card do I lose it ? Is the idea to copy the contents of the SD card onto the pc and then drag back after the new rom is on ?

Guest Ovenscrubber

Sorry to hijack the thread, but will this work on a Nexus one or will you be porting it very soon. Paul seems to go through devices quicker than my wife buys shoes!!!!!

Guest RevoWution

Excellent and efficient as always, Paul!!

Will be upgrading my account, and also looking forward to the Kitchen release from all the way here in New Zealand :)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but will this work on a Nexus one or will you be porting it very soon. Paul seems to go through devices quicker than my wife buys shoes!!!!!

I might leave devices for a bit while I look after people with a difference device, but I come back. :)

P

Guest howlep

@paul - so from reading this, i guess that htc have blocked the previous exploit - and i suppose that you will try to crack the new hboot

on another note, thought that you might like to see this (sorry its in hungarian - but google does translate it up to a point)

http://www.autopult.hu/index.php/barpult/b...w-transporterbl

keep up the good work - thanks

Guest Albert Poon

Is it going to be R6 or R7? Can you also include the Touch Input Chinese as an option? (the handwriting thing is what I need)

Anyway, great job!!!

Guest shaigrin

Just installed with wipe after nand bakup, works like a charm!

So smooth and stable, 720p video works great!

Paul, I can't thank you enough, you are a genius!!

@paul - so from reading this, i guess that htc have blocked the previous exploit - and i suppose that you will try to crack the new hboot

on another note, thought that you might like to see this (sorry its in hungarian - but google does translate it up to a point)

http://www.autopult.hu/index.php/barpult/b...w-transporterbl

keep up the good work - thanks

Holy off topic - that's way cool tho. :)

P

Guest Masteraal

does anyone else not have 720p recording or is it just me? :|

edit:

NM i was in the wrong codec!

Edited by Masteraal

Guest dareal
lol @ the angle

So Im on the R5 cooked rom which updated my stock phone. I have titanium and Wavesecure installed and have backed up my contacts to google as well as with titanium. I presume titanium stores the backup on the SD Card. If I were to use Rom Manager and do a wipe before installing this new rom, what happens to my info on the sd card do I lose it ? Is the idea to copy the contents of the SD card onto the pc and then drag back after the new rom is on ?

with a wipe you will not loose it (/fixme)

btw when i partitioned my sd card, i just copied all of its contents to my pc, partitioned my sd card then moved back the data to the partitioned sd card and its ok, i have everyting. after i moved back the datas, did a titanium restore (it stores your backups on sd card, i had no errors at the restore)

btw im an android noob, so i may wrote some bullshits, hopefully the pros will correct me :)

@Paul: THANKS :D

Guest simonp2
with a wipe you will not loose it (/fixme)

btw when i partitioned my sd card, i just copied all of its contents to my pc, partitioned my sd card then moved back the data to the partitioned sd card and its ok, i have everyting. after i moved back the datas, did a titanium restore (it stores your backups on sd card, i had no errors at the restore)

btw im an android noob, so i may wrote some bullshits, hopefully the pros will correct me :)

@Paul: THANKS :D

thanks for the info, Ive backed up using clockwork rom manager as well as drag that to my pc hard drive I see the previous original rom I backed up is there :D I like boots and braces so I'm covered all ways

Guest rekekjeks
I'll have a WIP kitchen up today that we can craft into the next MCR.. :)

P

Is it possible to cook the ROM without Sense?

I know that there's an option for it, but will it be the same as a clean Android OS?

@Paul,

will kitchen have Deodexation too? Would be great feauture!

It will be deodexed by default, upcoming kitchen core provides support for choosing odexed or deodexed.

P

Is it possible to cook the ROM without Sense?

I know that there's an option for it, but will it be the same as a clean Android OS?

Not exactly the same no, HTC's UI is very deeply ingrained into a lot of places.

P