04/Aug 2.09.405.8 (Froyo) pre-rooted no hboot / with radio / deodex

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chipyy

If I were to flash this is there a way of adding A2SD+ to it afterwards? Also, is this based on the official RUU's that people on XDA are saying Paul dropped?

Guest tuatha
Any chance of a fix for the wifi sleep issue discussed earlier in this thread? In the next release, perhaps? Go on :D

Ignore this. It occurred to me that all the roms I had used were using the wireless N patch.

I wiped and installed your new rom, which doesn't have wireless N, and everything now works as it should.

The only difference between Paul's rom and the ieftm one was the addition of Wireless N and OpenVPN. So it's definitely one of those two causing it... but I don't really know what OpenVPN is, so that's for others to work out :)

Anybody else having issue with streaming radio or podcasts should do what I did. Full wipe, and install one of the roms with the radio in the first post.

Guest Albert Poon
Ignore this. It occurred to me that all the roms I had used were using the wireless N patch.

I wiped and installed your new rom, which doesn't have wireless N, and everything now works as it should.

The only difference between Paul's rom and the ieftm one was the addition of Wireless N and OpenVPN. So it's definitely one of those two causing it... but I don't really know what OpenVPN is, so that's for others to work out :)

Anybody else having issue with streaming radio or podcasts should do what I did. Full wipe, and install one of the roms with the radio in the first post.

Are you sure? Ever since r5 and r6 Wifi-N is already enabled. I am suspecting the problem is caused by the CPU goes down to 245 during sleep.

Guest scared

Hi,

Can any one tell me if I can use the r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed.zip and the instructions in the Rooting thread to re-apply A2SD+ after I have flashed this ROM?

I am not too keen to rely solely on the Froyo A2SD as I have heard it has severe limitations when compared to legacy A2SD and A2SD+.

Any pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Guest silie

hi, did any of you encounter this problem.. during a phone call, when i receive a text message, i could hear the notification sound (and i tell you it hurts my ear).. did i do something wrong when flashing this rom?

Guest Noonski
Ah, dang it =P

I'm not a big fan of Sense.

I'm considering putting my personal Senseless adjustment from Paul's MCR kitchen up. But i still need to learn how to easily Sign the update and install a Linux Virtual Distro,

Cheers, Paul.

I've got a big favour to ask! If you get a chance, I wonder if you could check if HTC have mucked about with the wi-fi sleep settings in the latest version of sense (compared to the 1.21.405 software)?

Seems like the wi-fi connection is being throttled down when the screen is idle. I noticed it on last.fm... it basically won't work on wi-fi unless the screen is on, otherwise it starts skipping. Works perfectly over 3G.

Tested with a few different streams on tunewiki and it seems that it has difficulty streaming anything over 128kbps while the screen is off.

issue doesn't happen when the phone is on charge, btw.

This is driving me nuts so hopefully you or somebody else will be able to fix it :)

Aha, i think i have come across the same with XiiLive Streaming.

Guest Golf60

@paul can you please make a Percent % Icon for the battery in the kitchen for your new Rom? Please...

Edited by Golf60

Guest jeandujardin
I'm considering putting my personal Senseless adjustment from Paul's MCR kitchen up. But i still need to learn how to easily Sign the update and install a Linux Virtual Distro,

1--> http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1274086

2-->for linux distr you can use unetbootin to put on usb key

Guest gianton

That would be great mate, I would like to try a senseless bugfree MCR ROM.

Guest Albert Poon
@paul can you please make a Percent % Icon for the battery in the kitchen for your new Rom? Please...

@paul for those apps which can be easily installed/added, could you please make an option NOT to include them in the kitchen? :)

Guest Asselberghs
Can I still root my phone? I recently 'unrooted' to try out the official ROM :)

If your Hboot has increased to 0.94 or whatever it was beyond 0.80 then no, if not, then you should be able to yes.

Guest WhiT3Kr0w
Can I still root my phone? I recently 'unrooted' to try out the official ROM :)

If you installed the OTA for the official 2.2 released last weekend, you are now stuck with HBoot0.92 until someone figures out how to hack it. I guess no root for you until then.

Guest tuatha
Are you sure? Ever since r5 and r6 Wifi-N is already enabled. I am suspecting the problem is caused by the CPU goes down to 245 during sleep.

I think every rom - including stock - cycles down the CPU when idle so that's unlikely to be the issue. N is not enabled on the stock roms, afaik. That's a custom addition.

I can't be certain until somebody actually goes in and checks it, but by process of elimination, I'm pretty sure the N patch is what's causing it.

I tested R5, R6, ieftm and a couple of others. Wi-fi streaming didn't work on any of them. The only commonalities between those roms are; root access, busybox, openvpn and wi-fi N. ieftm is basically stock, other than the addition of openvpn and wifi n.

The only roms I've tested that don't have the issue are the ones that don't have the N patch. I noticed in a thread on XDA, a poster said that the wireless N patch contained some code to improve the battery drain. I wonder if the piece of code he was talking about is telling the radio to throttle down the connection when the phone is idle?

Try a rom without the wireless n patch and see if that works. One of the ones in this thread will do (with radio). Full wipe first, obviously.

Would be good if somebody who knows about coding etc could actually open it up and either prove or refute my theory!

Hi Peter,

I used the rom+radio zip file for this release, here is a screenshot;

softwareinfo.png

Hello !

Can you please tell me which update.zip you did use from the XDA topic , for the super circle battery ?

Thanks

Edited by b6rt

Guest rassha

Great, just what I looking for... I'm looking for a Stock rom only with A2SD+

Could someone tell me which version of A2SD+ work with this rom.

I'm not premium or ad-free member so I can't use kitchen

Thanks

Guest the ginger god

Thanks for the ROM Paul, appreciate it.

I have one question though, how different is this ROM to the

[ROM] Official 2.2, with: busybox, old A2SD+, OpenVPN (TUN), EXT4 support, 802.11N
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741663

Reason being I have fully customized my Desire with that ROm as I wanted as clean and close as possible to the official ROM, then I saw this ROM!! Are these two ROMS the same?

Guest scared

Got a bit impatient and flashed the Froyo Rom anyway. But, I can now confirm that the A2SD+ installation method documented in the rooting thread DOES NOT WORK for the Froyo ROM.

Not sure if it is I or the A2SD zip.

Here is what I did:

1. Booted into ClockworkMod Recovery

2. Did a full wipe - Factory Reset + Cache + Dalvik Cache

3. Flashed the 2.09.405.8-update-bravo-stock-rooted-busybox-withradio-signed.zip that was provided by Paul

4. Rebooted the Phone - got confirmation that the Radio and the OS had been upgraded

5. Booted into Recovery again

6. Tried flashing the r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed.zip

7. Got an error

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 5:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

8. As per this post in the rooting thread, I retried, this time with the pushfiles_windows.zip downloaded from the rooting thread - tried flashing the Froyo ROM and A2SD+ simultaneously without rebooting in between. Still no luck and same error.

My phone seems to be working fine - not tested it extensively yet - for example, I haven't even switched on WiFi yet. But I have lost A2SD+ and can confirm that Froyo A2SD sucks!

Paul, please help! How do I get A2SD+ back?

Thanks.

Guest merlin051
is that the entire framework u using or just the circle?

I only wanted the battery mod, but that zip put the complete package on for all the coloured icons aswell, but theyre kinda nice so im not really bothered.