04/Aug 2.09.405.8 (Froyo) pre-rooted no hboot / with radio / deodex

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Zarch1972
Can we use SetCpu with this build? or will that come later in the Froyo development cycle?

I'm happy with my Modaco 3.1 build and setcpu, but eager to move to Froyo.

Can someone help me with my setcpu query please? Appears to have got lost in the all the posts.

Ideally i'd like to keep the CPU underclocked for battery savings.

Also, I take it a full wipe would be recommended coming from 3.1 to the r7 kitchen build?

Many thanks

I don't think he can root since he now has the 0.92HBOOT

But on the other hand he wasn't bothered about rooting in the first place.

I'm on my home wireless now and have no problem, but at work using WPA/ WPA2 PSK I can't connect, was the same problem using a Rom from xda too, the ota 2.2 didn't have this problem

Downgrate h boot from 0.92 to 0.80 is now possible

look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...672&page=28

Guest pfsykes
I only wanted the battery mod, but that zip put the complete package on for all the coloured icons aswell, but theyre kinda nice so im not really bothered.

Paul can your release or add the option for tun.ko and the open vpn binaries too.

Thanks

Peter

Guest b-hutch

quick question that someone may be able to help with and yes I appreciate I am being a bit hopeful but...

Did htc fix the bluetooth stack that they screwed in 2.1 that hinders HID devices in the latest official release?

I love the MCR releases but have unfortunately been forced to use an alternative non sense based rom in recent weeks due to the known issue with BT HID's.

I'm interested in feeback from anyone in regards to both bluetooth keyboards and the wiimote controller solution designed by pikpirs over at xda.

cheers in advance,

Guest freeandroid

Hi

My phone is rooted and use a Custom Rom. My HBOOT version 0.75 .

I want use this rom. now my question:

If i update my phone with this rom my HBOOT version will be change?

and can i update to other rom in the future?

Edited by freeandroid

Hi

My phone is rooted and use a Custom Rom. My HBOOT version 0.75 .

I want use this rom. now my question:

If i update my phone with this rom my HBOOT version will be change?

and can i update to other rom in the future?

no it did not change hboot...and yes you can install/flash another rom if you want :)

Hello !

What do you think of the battery life with this ROM ?

It looks terrible on my phone : 20% lost from 2h use.

Here are my stats :

Android System 61%

Display 18%

Cell Standby 12%

Wi-Fi 6%

com.htc.launcher 3%

Nevertheless I did a battery stats wipe before using the rom, but no full wipe of cache wipe.

Have you got such high battery drain ?

Thanks

Edited by b6rt

Guest chicaneuk

I'm at about 70% so far today - I disconnected it from charging at about 8.15am and it's now 9.27pm and I've used the phone a bit today, but not excessively.

Cell Standby: 39%

Phone Idle: 39%

WiFi: 13%

Android System: 7%

Display: 2%

Normally can get about 2 days out of my phone so will see how this goes - but so far, I can't see any problems.

Hello !

What do you think of the battery life with this ROM ?

It looks terrible on my phone : 20% lost from 2h use.

Here are my stats :

Android System 61%

Display 18%

Cell Standby 12%

Wi-Fi 6%

com.htc.launcher 3%

Nevertheless I did a battery stats wipe before using the rom, but no full wipe of cache wipe.

Have you got such high battery drain ?

Thanks

Guest paddy_mcnulty

So, been trying to find the answer for this in relation to the Froyo but can't.

I have a debranded, rooted Ornage Desire.

I avoided the last update as it sim locked the phone. Waited until a rooted version was released.

I would like to know.

If I flash the ROM here with the radio with it SIM lock my phone? I've heard with this isn't the case this time round. Anyone confirm?

Also, if it does simlock it can I just downgrade the radio (I have a copy of the Orange radio on my SD that I used last time to get rid of SIM lock after initital rooting)

Just wondering...

Oh, and if I flash it using ROM Manager with the goldcard in, do reckon that'll be useful?

Edited by paddy_mcnulty

Guest paddy_mcnulty
Can anyone explain what's the difference between the roms with radio and those without?

How do I know if I need the radio version?

Radio is the the bit that communicates. Sometimes updated radios mean better reception, better gps, etc. Seems that Orange have locked their radio this time but not sure why. More experienced members may offer a better explanation (I'm from old WM and it's a bit late...wine!)

Guest InsideOut

Ok, well my Desire is unbranded, and I have already updated to the official 2.2 OTA, then downgraded back to 2.1, rooted using unrevoked and now trying to figure out if I need the radio update again or not. What should I do? :D

Edited by InsideOut

Guest scared
Ok, well my Desire is unbranded, and I have already updated to the official 2.2 OTA, then downgraded back to 2.1, rooted using unrevoked and now trying to figure out if I need the radio update again or not. What should I do? :D

Why don't you just flash it with the radio? I flashed the zip with the radio twice and it did no harm.

I have read in other threads that if you end up with the wrong radio, you could end up with a continuous boot-loop.

Good Luck!

Why don't you just flash it with the radio? I flashed the zip with the radio twice and it did no harm.

You say that you did the flash twice, is there a reason for that ?

Guest scared
You say that you did the flash twice, is there a reason for that ?

Well, that's a long story. I was trying to get A2SD+ working on my phone with Froyo. Failed ultimately. Read all about it here.

Guest paddy_mcnulty
Well, that's a long story. I was trying to get A2SD+ working on my phone with Froyo. Failed ultimately. Read all about it here.

the reason of asking about flashing with or without the radio is avoid the sim lock issues from previous HTC update. If you flash with radio and you have to sim unlock then it's additional expense (or you have to flash a radio, some people won't have, and if people are reporting correctly doesn't work as well as new radio update). Am happy to to flash a more up to date rom with radio if it doesn't sim lock the phone.

I have tried unlocking the phone but the IMEI isn't on the db, even after 5 weeks. And have got scammed once (htccode.com - as mentioned on a sticky here. Avoid!) and refuned once by the guy on ebay. It's just a hassle really.

Nooooo !

I did a full wipe in ClockWorkMod, and now the phone loops on the Quietly Brilliant screen (with the sound) !! :)

EDIT : I now did a nandroid backup of my original eclair ROM, and the phone works correctly. Still I'd like to know what I did wrong.

Here is the sequence of actions I did from the beginning :

0) Unbranded desire with eclair

1) Flash ClockWorkMod and root with unrevoked3

2) Flash the Rom available on this topic, with radio. At this point my phone worked fine.

3) Flash the super circle battery mod from xda. Worked fine

4) Wipe everything i could wipe in the recovery : factory reset, wipe dalvik cache, wipe battery stats, wipe cache

At this point : boot loop on the quietly brilliant screen. Could not load the battery. Had to unplug the battery to turn it off. Could enter the recovery.

5) Nandroid restore of my original eclair system. At this point everything works fine.

What was the mistake ??

Thanks you all for your help !

Edited by b6rt

Guest Omron2010

@Paul I've used your 2.09.405.8 with radio (without deodex) rom. All seems fine. Except for one thing. Under applications, the contact application is called "HTC Contacts". Whereas on the official Froyo update it's called just "Contacts". Any idea why on your rom the name for the contact application is different from the offcial rom?

Never mind. Apparently it's provider specific. If you have a Vodafone sim then it states "HTC Contacts". With some other providers it is "Contacts".

Edited by Omron2010

Guest LowRun
Nooooo !

I did a full wipe in ClockWorkMod, and now the phone loops on the Quietly Brilliant screen (with the sound) !! :D

EDIT : I now did a nandroid backup of my original eclair ROM, and the phone works correctly. Still I'd like to know what I did wrong.

Here is the sequence of actions I did from the beginning :

0) Unbranded desire with eclair

1) Flash ClockWorkMod and root with unrevoked3

2) Flash the Rom available on this topic, with radio. At this point my phone worked fine.

3) Flash the super circle battery mod from xda. Worked fine

4) Wipe everything i could wipe in the recovery : factory reset, wipe dalvik cache, wipe battery stats, wipe cache

At this point : boot loop on the quietly brilliant screen. Could not load the battery. Had to unplug the battery to turn it off. Could enter the recovery.

5) Nandroid restore of my original eclair system. At this point everything works fine.

What was the mistake ??

Thanks you all for your help !

To have perform the wipe after flashing the rom, it's the other way around :)

Had over 170mbs spare on internal memory on original Vodafone 2.1 rom [before the crapware update], but with this rom I only have about 72mb...... Is there a reason for that? I have deleted all data/cache and done a clean wipe.... Might try out R7...