04/Aug 2.09.405.8 (Froyo) pre-rooted no hboot / with radio / deodex

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Delicious Docsy

Hi, new user here but have been browsing for a month or so whenever I needed 'guidance' but anyway recently debranded/rooted my Desire on Orange (had to get rid of those damn demo's!) to the generic HTC rom, from there updated via the RUU (with goldcard in) to 1.21 and from there applied the froyo 2.2 official update manually (also with my gold card in as i tried on normal SD and it never worked, dunno why)

so my question is this, once i downgrade to hboot 0.80 again, can i just flash the rom that paul so kindly provided via my goldcard method? and also that pretty battery mod, you just flash the same way after the rom has been installed?

anyway, noob here so go easy!

thanks all!

Guest RodeOrm

I just flashed the stock + radio rom and now my phone is in a loop restarting all the time after the HTC Quitely brilliant logo with sound. I cannot enter Recovery mode either to try another ROM. What can I do? Help please! I have a 0.75 HBOOT.

Edited by RodeOrm

Guest maurixv

i was wandering if i could use the Desire Rom on my Nexus also i was asking me why not an outomounter kernel on nexus rom to switch between

the FM radio drivers and the bluetooth one ??

thx Maurix

Guest LowRun
Had over 170mbs spare on internal memory on original Vodafone 2.1 rom [before the crapware update], but with this rom I only have about 72mb...... Is there a reason for that? I have deleted all data/cache and done a clean wipe.... Might try out R7...

It's because this one is deodexed i would think.

Guest Laban
nevermind, everythings working like a charm! thanks for the image!

Should I use the odex or deodex version of this ROM if I want to use the Super Circle Battery Mod by Fightspit?

Guest luboz

Up to now I don't able to corectly run openvpn on this (or on ota2.2 with openvpn included) rom.

All seems to be good (no error message when I run it on console, existing tun0 interface, correct routes), but I'm not able to reach (or ping) devices in openvpn network.

In previous 2.1 (from r6-desire-root-alt.zip) it is working with no problem.

Over the inet I found 2 tun.ko for this kernel version and also I try 3 version of openvpn binary. But with no succes (no error when I run it, but not working).

If somebody want to try it, there is attached myself prepared openvpn package for this rom (same openvpn binary used on 2.1, tun.ko for this kernel).

Is there somebody, who using openvpn on this rom with sucess?

vpnupdatedesire_2.6.32.15_gf9c0527_signed.zip

Edited by luboz

Guest Laban
Use the deodexed image.

Alright, thank you! I've read the thread but just to make sure, no kown bugs?

Edited by Laban

Guest maliki

i wonder why my internal memory is 70mb after flashing the deodexed version? however, the one without deodexed gives me 140mb. does the deodexed one support a2sd+?

Guest Ran Sagy

Been using this for about two days now, exactly what i wanted! A couple of dollars coming your way, Paul.

Had two issues so far, completely wiped before installing:

- Camera app sometimes causes a reboot. Usually after I take a photo, it takes the actual photo but freezes for a few seconds after and then reboots.

- I had the HTC Launcher process FC on me a few times.. Usually when using the news widget or similar widgets.

Thanks again!

Guest CaspaTheGhost
Been using this for about two days now, exactly what i wanted! A couple of dollars coming your way, Paul.

Had two issues so far, completely wiped before installing:

- Camera app sometimes causes a reboot. Usually after I take a photo, it takes the actual photo but freezes for a few seconds after and then reboots.

- I had the HTC Launcher process FC on me a few times.. Usually when using the news widget or similar widgets.

Thanks again!

What Radio are you on?

I had issues with the camera and reboots before I updated the Radio - I was on an old version not fully compatible with Froyo...

OpenVPN is working on froyo :D

I temporary prepared package for this rom with openvpn binary, tun.ko and simple route wrapper.

Wraper delete wifi and gprs routing table.

But, when you change connection type (wifi/gprs) or you reconnect, you will need reconect also OpenVPN or delete wifi/gprs table manually.

Note: This is only a workaround! Don't use it, if you use also built in VPN!

Note2: I'm sorry, but atachment probably contain tun.ko not suitable for this kernel version, therefore I delete it. In next post is final working version for this ROM: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1379172 . Don't forget to modify your .ovpn config files to add one line to use iproute wrapper.

Edited by luboz

Guest Ran Sagy
What Radio are you on?

I had issues with the camera and reboots before I updated the Radio - I was on an old version not fully compatible with Froyo...

Same version as in the topic, only installed before using this ROM, it was for one of the other FroYo ROMs I tried. Guess I can always reinstall, just wanted to see if anyone came across these.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CaspaTheGhost
Thank you Paul :D (and also CaspaTheGhost for helping me in finding this thread after I came to the forums back after my holidays :D

I am going to download and flash this... now ;)

You're welcome mate - my good deed for the day! :D

Guest madsnod

Hi Paul,

First of all, many thanks for the great rom. Its fast, stable, and has been a pleasure to use.

I do have one problem, however, and was hoping you would have a idea.....

I bought the phone from a third party phone shop in Madrid and it came with 2.1 installed. There was only English (german), English (Switzerland), and french language variants installed - no native English, and no Spanish languages at all shown in the languages menu.

(Bit of an oversight for a Spanish shop to buy phones without Spanish, but i digress)

I suspect that phone was imported from German/french region countries, and this does seem right as the box has german writing on it...

By default after installing the 2.2 rom from this thread (rooting beforehand and then installing the appropriate radio) there was only English (German), English (Switzerland), as with 2.1 - Exactly then same.

Originally I installed the locales list from this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=locales), cleared the Customization Settings Provider data, and after force closing had all of the extra required languages....Great. Result.

However, I noticed that all of the wallpapers were missing, although the live wallpapers exist. Odd I thought....I took a look using adb and could see all of the wallpapers in system/customize/resource.

So, I reinstalled the same rom again, as I was not sure exactly when the wallpapers had gone missing (applying the locale patch, wiping the data afterwards, etc)...After installing the ROM again I could see all of the wallpapers

So this time I though I would ONLY clear the Customization Settings Provider data, and force close, without installing the locales list patch first.

I did this and I could again see the English languages, Spanish, and many more.

However, again, all the static wallpapers were missing. And again I can see them in the directory in adb.

Can you shed any light on why clearing the Customization Settings Provider data, and after force closing, causes the wallpapers to disappear, even though they are seen in the directory ?

All the wallpaper files are set up with the following permissions:

-rw-r--r--

If I use astro to look at the directory contents I can see the pictures of all the wallpapers, so they are readable from within froyo.

I am thinking that some cache needs clearing or something. I cannot see, however, what the customization settings provider has to do with the wallpapers !

I'm using live wallpapers at the moment but would like to choose defaults if possible. also if I want to sell the phone I would like it to work completely !

for the record I did install your rom a few days ago, did install the locale zip and it did show the wallpapers (although not initially - they appeared all of a sudden and I have no clues why). However, up to press, with the new install I did last night, there are no static wallpapers at all.

I could not see anything obvious in the logcat when entering the menu for the HTC wallpapers.

Kind regards,

James.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheLastOne
Paul,

new official OTA update available. Can you please root it and put it up here as with the previous ROM?

Hi Paul, I'd like an update of this ROM as well, I've been using the current version on my Desire since day 1. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...