ANDROID 2.1 T-MO UK UPDATE

Guest mr.a

Guest johninho
Ahh, I couldnt install the 1.2 TRE version, so I woujld have been stuck on 1.1 like you previously. Only the 1.2 TMO version worked. I got the BOOT failure otherwise.

still no nearer in finding a solution though. I did read somewhere that there may be an issue with faulty nand memory in the boot sector that may be causing problems.

I've read that others have the same problem. Have seen the same issues reported in different threads.

I'm all out of ideas now. Hope those with more knowledge might think of something to help

Guest TheBrownBottle
can someone please link me to the drivers I need to get the dialup software to work with win7 64bit.

thanks.

There is a link in the second post of the FLB Mod thread

Guest tom619
Cos it's a .APP update, I think you'll be OK to follow their instructions; it will fix up the partition sizes as needed. Remember to nandroid yourself a backup first. Qualifier: I didn't go from hu 2.1 to uk 2.1, so I'm not speaking from experience (I went from MCR 1.7 to uk 2.1).

Thanks, just remind me how to do a nandroid backup again?

Guest Rumcájsz

I installed T2.1UK four days ago, and I don't rooted. I have not SMS problem. (with flb 1.1 and flb 1.2Tre, I was sms problem)

Edited by Rumcájsz

Guest meinnit
I installed T2.1UK four days ago, and I don't rooted. I have not SMS problem. (with flb 1.1 and flb 1.2Tre, I was sms problem)

Do you know how to reproduce the problem? Post some steps if you know how :)

I missed some texts whilst testing out Dolphin/Skyfire/Steel (not sure which one caused it). I normally use Opera Mini for browising but I thought I'd try the others, which are pretty slow on the Pulse in comparison!

Guest Rumcájsz
Do you know how to reproduce the problem? Post some steps if you know how :)

No, I don't. Some SMS are arraving, some don't in same time.

When I use flb v1.2, I want to make internet banking. The bank send me a entry code in sms, but I don't get the sms (never).

Then I send to me a SMS from my wife phone, and sms arrived. Same day afternoon, I try to access my bank again, and SMS with entry code arrived.

Then I upgrade my phone to UK version (and don't rooted it), and I don't noticed this problem.

(I'm sorry for my poor english. I hope, my story will be clearly for you)

Guest meinnit
No, I don't. Some SMS are arraving, some don't in same time.

When I use flb v1.2, I want to make internet banking. The bank send me a entry code in sms, but I don't get the sms (never).

Then I send to me a SMS from my wife phone, and sms arrived. Same day afternoon, I try to access my bank again, and SMS with entry code arrived.

Then I upgrade my phone to UK version (and don't rooted it), and I don't noticed this problem.

(I'm sorry for my poor english. I hope, my story will be clearly for you)

Thanks for that. From all of the comments about SMS bug it seems that it because of low RAM. T-Mobile UK may have tweaked the OS so that it has more memory available maybe?

Which browser are you using?

Edited by meinnit

Guest Rumcájsz
Thanks for that. From all of the comments about SMS bug it seems that it because of low RAM. T-Mobile UK may have tweaked the OS so that it has more memory available maybe?

Which browser are you using?

The low memory is the main problem, me too. When I've this problem, I forgot to use A2SD+. But I don't know, this is the solution or not.

Yesterday I installed a new ROM (Impalaman's ROM), witch is added huawei vanilla apps to UK rom. So I use now the huawei standard launcher. (I think I've got all SMS for this time)

It was your question about my browser?

Edited by Rumcájsz

Guest Rumcájsz
can i just ask, i have HUN 2.1 and am gonna get the UK one tonight, will I need to install FLB again?

What do you use now, exactly? Flb ROM or pure T-mobile 2.1 ROM?

Guest zenchan

Now some of you have had this for nearly a week now, how's the battery life in comparison to Hungary and Tre (in personal experience I found Tre to be a little weaker in this regard).

think i'm having the sms problem, sms popup notifies of a new text message, then I hit reply and when I get to the thread the message isn't there. Its happened multiple times over the last few days now. Also myPlayer isn't showing in the market, a bit of a dissapointment.

How can I (begrudgingly) go back to 1.5 now the link has gone from tmob's website?

Edited by m@rty

think i'm having the sms problem, sms popup notifies of a new text message, then I hit reply and when I get to the thread the message isn't there. Its happened multiple times over the last few days now.

The "standard" sms problem that the sms is never received by the phone. Just wondering why the sms disappears when you try to open it. Do you use any 3rd party applications or do you use the standard sms app?

The "standard" sms problem that the sms is never received by the phone. Just wondering why the sms disappears when you try to open it. Do you use any 3rd party applications or do you use the standard sms app?

i am also wondering.... i only use the standard sms app

Guest Sengadog
Why are there no live wallpapers? There were live wallpapers in the Hungarian 2.1 and now they are gone..

T Mobile Uk have removed Live Wallpapers from their update.

Guest sparky71a
T Mobile Uk have removed Live Wallpapers from their update.

Indeed they have, and if any of the posters love there Pulse just a teeny bit they'll go for the latest FLB Mod, no SMS issues, live wallpapers running smoothly,loads of extra memory space due to root and my 8gb sd card.

Clockwork Recovery also in the mix, the latest mod even runs Launcher Pro Plus with no freeze/ram issues, and has great battery life over all, made especially good by complimenting the whole mix with Set CPU.

Me no likey standard roms....and neither does my Pulse :D

Guest Mithra
Indeed they have, and if any of the posters love there Pulse just a teeny bit they'll go for the latest FLB Mod, no SMS issues, live wallpapers running smoothly,loads of extra memory space due to root and my 8gb sd card.

Clockwork Recovery also in the mix, the latest mod even runs Launcher Pro Plus with no freeze/ram issues, and has great battery life over all, made especially good by complimenting the whole mix with Set CPU.

Me no likey standard roms....and neither does my Pulse :D

I just installed the latest FLB mod but I still don't seem to have any Live wallpapers :D .

Guest Cazomino05

I just had this problem not less than a minute ago, Stock Message app, 2.1 flashed from t-mobile website without root or anything just flashed 1.5 then 2.1 luckily it wasn't an important message but I've double checked and it WAS sent just wasn't received... never know the network might have lost it for a while so if I receive it I'll post back

EDIT: I was referring to the "standard" issue not the one you had, I didn't even get the notification

Edited by Cazomino05