ANDROID 2.1 T-MO UK UPDATE

Guest mr.a

Guest Simon O
Found it "Try setting "ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1" at the end of /data/local.prop". Can find that in the rom .zip, is it missing in the newer release or do I have to do it after flashing the rom, darn it :)

/cust/hw/default/local.prop

/cust/t-mobile/uk/local.prop etc

Guest igor_anta
Isn't it one of the things that get built on first boot after flash (or whilst flashing)?

OKAY than, I'll fix it after flashing the rom :) Cheers!

^Oh, didn't see you there flibble, thanks:)

Edited by igor_anta

Guest _melchett
Ok WTF, I think this update has changed the partition sizes again.

System is smaller, data is bigger :)

that would explain why my Nandroid backup didn't work...

Update:

/system is now 100MB

/data is now 90MB

Does this mean that there is more space for apps/davlik on the phone storage?

Guest Speckles

Can someone post the output of 'dmesg' after a fresh boot? ('adb shell dmesg >file' should do the trick if you have usb debugging turned on) I'll like to see if they changed anything else.

Guest mprgogers

HiHi,

Currently running FLB 1.2 Tre but having issues with recepetion dropping out so thought i would give this a shot.

Can somone tell me how to install though, tried doing a "software upgrade" from within android iteself and it begins to unpack and perform and update, completes very quickly though and just reboots back into FLB.

Also tried doing a install from the recovery tool, but it just throughs an error.

My history is something like

T-MOB 1.5 Dec -> Paul's 1.7 -> Hungarian 2.1 -> Occilliation -> FLB 1.1 -> FLB 1.2 Tre

Edited by mprgogers

Guest Daniel Williamson
Can someone post the output of 'dmesg' after a fresh boot? ('adb shell dmesg >file' should do the trick if you have usb debugging turned on) I'll like to see if they changed anything else.

When i try this it says read only file system, i have debugging enabled.

Dan

Guest Daniel Williamson

Slight problem in that the icons for the launcher are mixed up :S the one to show a zoomed out version shows messaging app ? ?

I remember something like this on a custom rom for 1.5 but cant remember how it was resolved

Dan

Guest Simon O
Slight problem in that the icons for the launcher are mixed up :S the one to show a zoomed out version shows messaging app ? ?

I remember something like this on a custom rom for 1.5 but cant remember how it was resolved

Dan

If you flashed the original UK 2.1 update then the icons should be in the right order.

Guest YusufP

Hmm, just flashed now, hopefully sort out some of my reception problems.

The pink and stock frameworks and kinda bothering me lol.

So if I dont like this, can I just flash the FLB Mod through recovery?

Guest mprgogers
Hmm, just flashed now, hopefully sort out some of my reception problems.

The pink and stock frameworks and kinda bothering me lol.

So if I dont like this, can I just flash the FLB Mod through recovery?

I'm sorry, when you say flashed do you mean installed from the "software upgrade" feature in android or the flash from Zip tool in recovery ?

I'm struggling to install, love FLB 1.2 but experiencing reception problems too.

Guest igor_anta

WOW, that system storage thing really is a problem :S In order to put my theme on the .zip flibble provided I had to remove a ton of ringtones, wallpapers and apps I don't like in order to flash it. What if we move some things to data? Vending, mms and such, is it possible?

Guest de_shepherd

What's the memory (RAM) situation with this version. I'm currently on FLB 1.0 and find "multitasking" doesn't work ... my standard explanation of why Android was better than iOS before v4 was that in Android you could listen to Spotify and then go an browse a website ... however, in practice if I did that when I opened the browser the music stopped ... I've even recently had problem openning a second window in the browser without it deciding to give up and throw me back to the "desktop"

Guest YusufP
I'm sorry, when you say flashed do you mean installed from the "software upgrade" feature in android or the flash from Zip tool in recovery ?

I'm struggling to install, love FLB 1.2 but experiencing reception problems too.

I flashed through Zip in recovery.

Worked perfectly. :)

Guest rjm2k

anyone tried restoring a pre uk 2.1 nadroid on this, i backed up my hu2.1 oscilation and tried to go back after jk 2.1 but it freezes on android screen even after wipe dalvik

Guest TheBrownBottle

Here you go...

BootDump.txt