ANDROID 2.1 T-MO UK UPDATE

Guest mr.a

Guest de_shepherd

Probably being dense but from FLB 1.0 what is the correct way to go to this ROM? Can I just follow the TMob instructions or do I need to do a "timemachine" first?

Guest Simon O
anyone tried restoring a pre uk 2.1 nadroid on this, i backed up my hu2.1 oscilation and tried to go back after jk 2.1 but it freezes on android screen even after wipe dalvik

Yes, I did. You can't restore it due to the partition sizes being different.

Guest giabbe1
Woohoooo, first Swap and a truckload of customizations to FLB and than Froyo :) A good day indeed.

when did we get swap??? i missed that one..

Guest Speckles

Looks to me like exactly one compile more than the HU version we had previously:

HU: Linux version 2.6.29-perf (huawei@product-second) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #2 PREEMPT Mon Apr 19 13:06:34 CST 2010

UK: Linux version 2.6.29-perf (huawei@huawei-desktop) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #3 PREEMPT Thu Jul 1 01:06:13 HKT 2010

Does explain why T-Mobile took a while to release it. Huawei were still messing with it in July :)

We know the partitions are different so pointless posting that.

The available RAM is smaller (marginally) too:

HU: Memory: 107404KB available (4196K code, 1309K data, 288K init)

UK: Memory: 106920KB available (4656K code, 1330K data, 300K init)

This hopefully means more things are compiled into the Kernel (swap perhaps?)

This bit is interesting: Not sure if its difference between sd cards or what: Can someone check the sources to see where it comes from?

HU: MMC0: 8 bit data mode disabled

HU: MMC0: 4 bit data mode disabled

UK: mmc0: 8 bit data mode disabled

UK: mmc0: 4 bit data mode enabled

Overall, it does seem as stated previously: The HU version was pure test-version and not meant for release.

Guest thealexweb

2.1 running great so far, I;ve done two benchmarks, one before when I was using the December Update (offical 1.5) and after when I had installed 2.1 Using the Quadrant benchmarking app I got these results: -

1.5: 198

2.1: 203

A small speed boot but welcome none the less. The results show the new rom is faster, the Pulse now just edges out the HTC Magic :)

Edit: I'm already missing the default black background wallpaper in 1.5, can someone on 1.5 or has that image somewhere upload it please, thanks :D

post-640965-1281129525_thumb.jpg

post-640965-1281129725_thumb.jpg

Edited by thealexweb

Guest Simon O

Something strange that I can't quite work out.

UK 2.1 ROM reports the kernel as being 2.6.29-perf huawei@localhost #1

The same kernel rooted is reported as 2.6.29-perf huawei@localhost #3 :)

How the bugger has it managed to change version?

Guest Ashbeard

15 pages on the homescreen by my count, and no indicator of which one you are currently on as there was on the Tre one. A minor point though since this seems to be a smooth and stable ROM.

Guest TheBrownBottle
Want to ROOT the official ROM without installing a custom ROM?

Presenting 'it's like SuperBoot but I can't call it SuperBoot because it's not by Paul'

Download: 2.1-pulse-uk-root.zip

It does pretty much what Pauls SuperBoot does. Sets the root flag and allows ADB, and copies the Superuser binaries to the system partition along with QuickBoot. Simples.

Hmmm, that didn't work for me. It just boot loops at the android screen. :)

I did try Amon RA at the same time. I'll try it without.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Guest DanWilson
Want to ROOT the official ROM without installing a custom ROM?

Presenting 'it's like SuperBoot but I can't call it SuperBoot because it's not by Paul'

Download: 2.1-pulse-uk-root.zip

It does pretty much what Pauls SuperBoot does. Sets the root flag and allows ADB, and copies the Superuser binaries to the system partition along with QuickBoot. Simples.

I can't believe it's not butter is even buttery than I can't believe its not butter.

I can't believe its not Superboot is even more buttery than I can't believe its not butter but it's less buttery than the old I can't believe it's not Superboot.

I confused myself there. Less meth for me - BAA!!!!

Guest TheBrownBottle
Hmmm, that didn't work for me. It just boot loops at the android screen. :D

I did try Amon RA at the same time. I'll try it without.

Nope installing without Amon RA didn't work either I'm afraid. Time the flash UK 2.1 ROM for about the fifth time :)

Guest Simon O

Sorry guys,

The superboot thingy isn't working.. tested it myself but I was already rooted :)

I guess what I could do is make a little flashable update zip that flashes a new rooted kernel and copies the superuser to the system drive. I'll try and get it done this evening.

I do feel bad for unintentionally making you people my guinea pigs :D