ANDROID 2.1 T-MO UK UPDATE

Guest mr.a

Guest johninho

I was on FLB 1.1.

Trying the official UK 2.1 gives "update failed".

I've tried going back to December update and get the same thing.

Only thing I can do to get phone working is to to December update, Hungarian Official 2.1

then FLB 1.1.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks in advance

Guest Simon O
I was on FLB 1.1.

Trying the official UK 2.1 gives "update failed".

I've tried going back to December update and get the same thing.

Only thing I can do to get phone working is to to December update, Hungarian Official 2.1

then FLB 1.1.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks in advance

Do you have a U8220 or a Pulse phone?

Guest TheBrownBottle
Sorry guys,

The superboot thingy isn't working.. tested it myself but I was already rooted :D

I guess what I could do is make a little flashable update zip that flashes a new rooted kernel and copies the superuser to the system drive. I'll try and get it done this evening.

I do feel bad for unintentionally making you people my guinea pigs :D

Don't feel bad, I just like messing about. It's all good. :)

Guest johninho
Do you have a U8220 or a Pulse phone?

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I've got the normal T-Mobile Pulse bought in the UK from a T-Mobile shop.

Under the batteryit says U8220

Guest screwface

Also asked them about the .29 kernel source

TmobileUKhelp: Hi we are working on that one, we'll tweet as soon as it's published :-)

Guest johninho
Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I've got the normal T-Mobile Pulse bought in the UK from a T-Mobile shop.

Under the batteryit says U8220

p.s. just tried to install FLB 1.3 on top of official Hungarian 2.1 and it failed :-(

something about unable to write to simlink.

Am going to try 1.2

Guest johninho
p.s. just tried to install FLB 1.3 on top of official Hungarian 2.1 and it failed :-(

something about unable to write to simlink.

Am going to try 1.2

Damn, 1.2 failed too.

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 384: write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Wife is demanding I leave the PC and sit down for tea :-) Will check in tomorrow to see if any

solutions.

Ta

Guest lordmedikit

Can someone please clarify, compared to stock 1.5 Android, how much space is there on stock 2.1 Android for installing apps?

I know you've been talking about space on the new one and it seems to be better than other 2.1 firmwares, but this is the one thing holding me back from upgrading at this point since I have almost filled the space on the 1.5 firmware.

Guest stealthstealer

please help, i dont know how to flash the recovery image on this, do i need the device drivers? cus i cant seem to install them :)

(windows xp)

Guest lordmedikit
Update:

/system is now 100MB

/data is now 90MB

Just to add to my last post, I'm guessing data is the one we can install apps on and in 1.5 it seems to be about 107MB so is it 90MB with the new 2.1 stock?

Also, how much of this space is left after all the T Mobile cruft and Google apps?

I have to stick with stock ROMs because I have had my Pulse fail before with no touchscreen so I don't want to chance a rooted ROM, nice as they are.

Edited by lordmedikit

Guest Simon O
Just to add to my last post, I'm guessing data is the one we can install apps on and in 1.5 it seems to be about 107MB so is it 90MB with the new 2.1 stock?

Yep data is the location for apps that you install and some caches. 1.5 had about 100 MB usable space on data and the UK 2.1 has about 85 MB usable space. It's better than it used to be with other 2.1 roms.

Guest Simon O
please help, i dont know how to flash the recovery image on this, do i need the device drivers? cus i cant seem to install them :)

(windows xp)

Have you tried to install the original drivers that came with your pulse on the CD?

Guest oporto
Damn, 1.2 failed too.

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 384: write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Wife is demanding I leave the PC and sit down for tea :-) Will check in tomorrow to see if any

solutions.

Ta

I have exactly the same problem, and I used to get the same failed updates when trying to apply the FLB TRE Rom version.

Have reverted to the T-Mobile December 1.5 update, then HU 2.1, Rooted then back up to 1.2

The 1.3 update dont work for me!

Phone is a UK T-Mobile sourced U8220

Edited by oporto

Guest Simon O
I have exactly the same problem, and I used to get the same failed updates when trying to apply the FLB TRE Rom version.

Have reverted to the T-Mobile December 1.5 update, then HU 2.1, Rooted then back up to 1.2

The 1.3 update dont work for me!

Phone is a UK T-Mobile sourced U8220

You two are posting in the wrong thread really :)

What recovery are you flashing with?

Guest oporto
You two are posting in the wrong thread really :)

What recovery are you flashing with?

1.5.2 Amonrecovery

also cant seem to install the UK 2.1 update either, it fails in the install

Edited by oporto

Guest Celeb

anyone has problem with recieving sms messages so far?????? installing 2.1UK tommorow, just was very curious since there is no longer december update :-/

Guest scoobydoo99
anyone has problem with recieving sms messages so far?????? installing 2.1UK tommorow, just was very curious since there is no longer december update :-/

Just gone from the Modaco rom to the UK 2.1. I'm on Vodafone, sent myself an SMS and received okay, not tried a picture message yet.

Guest Willz
Just gone from the Modaco rom to the UK 2.1. I'm on Vodafone, sent myself an SMS and received okay, not tried a picture message yet.

Problem is, that would always work when I tested it on any other rom. It just so happens to be a random sms from a friend at a random time in which I don't receieve. :)

Guest Celeb
Problem is, that would always work when I tested it on any other rom. It just so happens to be a random sms from a friend at a random time in which I don't receieve. :)

even using this rom?

Guest Speckles
It's no longer downloadable from the official source, fine, but surely you still have it on your PC (or someone else here will have it) and you can just apply it from there?

Guest oporto
1.5.2 Amonrecovery

also cant seem to install the UK 2.1 update either, it fails in the install

Have now started again, back to T-Mobile 1.5 Dec update, then tried UK 2.1 update : Update failed

Then back to Dec Update - T-Mob Hu 2.1 - works ok - rooted - then FLB 1.2 works fine. Clockwork recovery installed, wipe - then try update to 1.31 - Update failed.

anyone know why T-Mob UK 2.1 wont install?? and why FLB 1.31 wont either ?????

Guest Simon O
Have now started again, back to T-Mobile 1.5 Dec update, then tried UK 2.1 update : Update failed

Then back to Dec Update - T-Mob Hu 2.1 - works ok - rooted - then FLB 1.2 works fine. Clockwork recovery installed, wipe - then try update to 1.31 - Update failed.

anyone know why T-Mob UK 2.1 wont install?? and why FLB 1.31 wont either ?????

Run the small update on your phone please then install the official UK T-Mobile 2.1 update WITHOUT december update. That should work (well it did for me anyway).

And please provide the full and exact error message given when trying to install FLB 1.31.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Run the small update on your phone please then install the official UK T-Mobile 2.1 update WITHOUT december update. That should work (well it did for me anyway).

And please provide the full and exact error message given when trying to install FLB 1.31.

Edit: Are you making sure to unzip the UK 2.1 update and copy the dload folder to your SD card like any other official ROM?