ANDROID 2.1 T-MO UK UPDATE

Guest mr.a

Guest oporto

Hi, yes i'm extracting the zip file and putting the dload folder in the root of the SD card

Small update installs fine,

I cant get the T-Mobile UK 2.1 to install at all, it just says update failed.

The HU one installs normally, and I can update to FLB 1.2

However, trying to go to 1.31 gives:

Formatting BOOT

Writing BOOT

Finishing BOOT

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 384: write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Guest Simon O
Hi, yes i'm extracting the zip file and putting the dload folder in the root of the SD card

Small update installs fine,

I cant get the T-Mobile UK 2.1 to install at all, it just says update failed.

The HU one installs normally, and I can update to FLB 1.2

However, trying to go to 1.31 gives:

Formatting BOOT

Writing BOOT

Finishing BOOT

E:Failure at line 384: write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Ok seems like it's only failing on writing the kernel. Try installing 1.2, rebooting into recovery then flashing 1.31. If it fails on writing boot.img then quit recovery and let it boot. It should boot into Android using the kernel already installed in the phone.

Guest oporto
Ok seems like it's only failing on writing the kernel. Try installing 1.2, rebooting into recovery then flashing 1.31. If it fails on writing boot.img then quit recovery and let it boot. It should boot into Android using the kernel already installed in the phone.

tried that, it reboots and then goes to a blue screen "Cannot find RAMDISK"

Guest johninho
tried that, it reboots and then goes to a blue screen "Cannot find RAMDISK"

Hi Oporto

I think we are both posting on different threads about the same problem.

I've listed my probs under the thread "Installing Roms - Newbie Question".

Only difference is I can't get FLB 1.2 to install either (1.1 works fine).

Guest oporto
Hi Oporto

I think we are both posting on different threads about the same problem.

I've listed my probs under the thread "Installing Roms - Newbie Question".

Only difference is I can't get FLB 1.2 to install either (1.1 works fine).

very interesting - I posted on here originally cos the T-Mob 2.1 wouldnt install, but think it got complicated when 1.31 wouldnt either. I've no probs installing up to FLB 1.2

Guest Simon O
very interesting - I posted on here originally cos the T-Mob 2.1 wouldnt install, but think it got complicated when 1.31 wouldnt either. I've no probs installing up to FLB 1.2

I'm very confused with this. There really shouldn't be any reason why FLB 1.31 doesn't install on your phones. So just to recap:

Time Machine > T-Mobile december update > t-mobile 2.1 HU = works

Time Machine > T-Mobile december update > t-mobile 2.1 UK = won't install

Time Machine > T-Mobile december update > t-mobile 2.1 HU > flb 1.2 = works

Time Machine > T-Mobile december update > t-mobile 2.1 HU > flb 1.31 = won't install

Is that the situation so far? Can you try downloading the FLB 1.31 zip again. I've resigned it and double checked the setup script and it's definitely installing and writing the boot here.

Guest johninho
I'm very confused with this. There really shouldn't be any reason why FLB 1.31 doesn't install on your phones. So just to recap:

Time Machine > T-Mobile december update > t-mobile 2.1 HU > flb 1.31 = won't install

Is that the situation so far? Can you try downloading the FLB 1.31 zip again. I've resigned it and double checked the setup script and it's definitely installing and writing the boot here.

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm at work at the moment so can't retry until tonight.

Your recap of situation is correct. Except, sorry if this sounds daft, not sure what Time Machine is. I've been using AmonRa and the "Install Windows Recovery.bat" to send the drivers to the phone. then power off and Red/Menu/power to bring AmonRa menu up (access to wipe and usb toggle etc).

I can't install FLB 1.2. or FLB 1.3. FLB 1.1 works though. Oporto said he got 1.2 to work.

I really appreciate this. I'm normally pretty good with this kind of thing but was wondering if I was missing some kind of stage in the process, i.e. that wasn't mentioned as it was assumed to be obvious.

Guest oporto
Hi,

Unfortunately I'm at work at the moment so can't retry until tonight.

Your recap of situation is correct. Except, sorry if this sounds daft, not sure what Time Machine is. I've been using AmonRa and the "Install Windows Recovery.bat" to send the drivers to the phone. then power off and Red/Menu/power to bring AmonRa menu up (access to wipe and usb toggle etc).

I can't install FLB 1.2. or FLB 1.3. FLB 1.1 works though. Oporto said he got 1.2 to work.

I really appreciate this. I'm normally pretty good with this kind of thing but was wondering if I was missing some kind of stage in the process, i.e. that wasn't mentioned as it was assumed to be obvious.

confirmed, im using 1.2 fine. Will try downloading 1.31 again........ i can do the install in my sleep now.....

Guest Simon O
confirmed, im using 1.2 fine. Will try downloading 1.31 again........ i can do the install in my sleep now.....

My biggest worry so far is that both of you are unable to use the official UK T-Mobile 2.1 update. That is very strange.

Guest oporto
My biggest worry so far is that both of you are unable to use the official UK T-Mobile 2.1 update. That is very strange.

mine too, but i can go back to 1.5 December update so could take back to T-Mobile as faulty i suppose.

I've tried the 1.31 again... same result! :)

Guest DanWilson

I thought FLB 1.31 was for the UK update only, and wouldn't fit on the HU update.

Although it could fit on the Tre update. I think thats what I read.

Guest chris9181

Hi

Soz for stupid question but as I am currently on stock 1.5 Pulse, with this official 2.1 let me download apps from the market and download them on to SD card?

Will it also be faster and better on battery?

Cheers

Chris

Guest DanWilson
Hi

Soz for stupid question but as I am currently on stock 1.5 Pulse, with this official 2.1 let me download apps from the market and download them on to SD card?

Will it also be faster and better on battery?

Cheers

Chris

No it won't, you'd need FLB Mod to install apps to the SD card.

I personally think it's a bit slower, and I don't know about the battery.

Guest Speckles
Only if your system is configured that way (eg. By using rooted OS and Apps2SD)

Guest Celeb

Ipve noticed wifi bug with this version. when going off/on for a while (like downloading app, let it sleep, wake, download another one :) ) it often fails to connect back causing pretty annyoing switching off wifi and then back on... Also when installing apps, it fails quite often (not sure why). But the most intereseting thing is, that after clean install, I only got 55MB of free space (based on setting > SD card & phone storage > internal phone storage). How is that possible, when other people were talking about 80MB free space? Kinda sucks :D

Guest Simon O
I thought FLB 1.31 was for the UK update only, and wouldn't fit on the HU update.

Although it could fit on the Tre update. I think thats what I read.

It will fit on the HU update. Only differences is that HU and Tre have more space on system.

This afternoon I've updated another Pulse phone to FLB 1.31 without any issue so I'm really unsure why some people just cannot flash the UK update or even cannot flash 1.31. It's not even failing on copying files, which it would normally due if the error is caused by low space. It's failing when trying to write the boot image.

Guest gusthy
It will fit on the HU update. Only differences is that HU and Tre have more space on system.

This afternoon I've updated another Pulse phone to FLB 1.31 without any issue so I'm really unsure why some people just cannot flash the UK update or even cannot flash 1.31. It's not even failing on copying files, which it would normally due if the error is caused by low space. It's failing when trying to write the boot image.

A strange question: if you install UK 2.1 over Tre or Hungarian, does it repartition the phone?

Edited by gusthy

Guest DanWilson
A strange question: if you install UK 2.1 over Tre or Hungarian, does it repartition the phone?

Yes. If it works, the UPDATA does what it's coded to, so repartitioning will happen.

Guest Simon O

Yes, it makes data 10MB larger and system 10MB smaller.

Guest johninho

Hi,

Just downloaded the FLB 1.31 zip again.

Tried to flash using Clockwork (full wipe option)

Formatting BOOT:...

Writing Boot:...

E:Failure at line 385:

write_raw-image PACKAGE:boot.img

BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Also tried to flash FLB 1.2 Tre again

Same error message except "E:Failure at line 384:"

p.s. just to double check. When trying to wipe phone and install Official UK 2.1 and nothing else.

[*]Boot into Recovery (Blue screen)

[*]Plug in USB.

[*]Run "install-recovery-windows.bat" in "1.5.2-pulse-amonrarecovery

[*]Unplug USB and remove and re-insert battery

[*]Reboot into AmonRA (red/menu/power keys)

[*]Wipe Data. Clear Dalvik cache

[*]Enable USB Toggle

[*]Copy "dload" folder to SD Card (after deleting old "dload" folder). Toggle USB off.

[*]Battery out

[*]Vol up/red/power key to unpack/install rom

UPDATE

Just tried "FLB 1.2 TMO" instead of FLB 1.2 Tre and this worked.

At least I've moved up a bit :)

Edited by johninho

Guest TheBrownBottle

Don't know if this will help but this is what I did.

I was originally on FLB 1.2

1.Flashed the TIME MACHINE update from here. This allows you to go back from the HU 2.1 ROM.

2.Flashed the T- Mobile 1.5 ROM (December Update)

3.Started the phone (went through the setup wizard)

4.Plugged in USB

5.Mounted SD card from notifications window

6.Copied Dload folder to SD card

7.On your Pulse, go to the Main menu, then select Settings

8.Within Settings select SD card & phone storage

9.Scroll down, under the Internal phone storage section select Upgrade

10.The upgrade process will give you several warnings which you need to confirm to continue

11.Then press the Upgrade option to begin the update

12.As the update progresses you will see several screens along with a progress bar

13.Once complete you will see a confirmation screen, and your Pulse will automatically restart

14.Once restarted your Pulse will be up to date with the latest software

Now I didn't go anywhere near AmonRA at this point and everything on the phone is as T-Mobile intended. It was after this point I installed AmonRA and then FLB 1.3.

Guest tom619

Guys, I installed the hu 2.1 when it came out on my untouched pulse a while back, now the uk 2.1 is out can i flash as per instructions or do i have to do any rooting or recovery image malarky?

Guest david_dawkins
Guys, I installed the hu 2.1 when it came out on my untouched pulse a while back, now the uk 2.1 is out can i flash as per instructions or do i have to do any rooting or recovery image malarky?

Cos it's a .APP update, I think you'll be OK to follow their instructions; it will fix up the partition sizes as needed. Remember to nandroid yourself a backup first. Qualifier: I didn't go from hu 2.1 to uk 2.1, so I'm not speaking from experience (I went from MCR 1.7 to uk 2.1).

Guest oporto
Hi,

Just downloaded the FLB 1.31 zip again.

Tried to flash using Clockwork (full wipe option)

Formatting BOOT:...

Writing Boot:...

E:Failure at line 385:

write_raw-image PACKAGE:boot.img

BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Also tried to flash FLB 1.2 Tre again

Same error message except "E:Failure at line 384:"

p.s. just to double check. When trying to wipe phone and install Official UK 2.1 and nothing else.

[*]Boot into Recovery (Blue screen)

[*]Plug in USB.

[*]Run "install-recovery-windows.bat" in "1.5.2-pulse-amonrarecovery

[*]Unplug USB and remove and re-insert battery

[*]Reboot into AmonRA (red/menu/power keys)

[*]Wipe Data. Clear Dalvik cache

[*]Enable USB Toggle

[*]Copy "dload" folder to SD Card (after deleting old "dload" folder). Toggle USB off.

[*]Battery out

[*]Vol up/red/power key to unpack/install rom

UPDATE

Just tried "FLB 1.2 TMO" instead of FLB 1.2 Tre and this worked.

At least I've moved up a bit :)

Ahh, I couldnt install the 1.2 TRE version, so I woujld have been stuck on 1.1 like you previously. Only the 1.2 TMO version worked. I got the BOOT failure otherwise.

still no nearer in finding a solution though. I did read somewhere that there may be an issue with faulty nand memory in the boot sector that may be causing problems.

Guest Cazomino05

wow it's even MORE pink even the tutorial is pink now xD

didn't even know that was possible

Edited by Cazomino05