[ROM] Xian (LiquidF) v1.2a [11/1/2010] - CM 6.1.0-RC - MIUI 11.05

Guest xian1243

Guest boostnek9
ok just one quick question....i have flashed the rom , now about the fix i have to boot the phone befor flash the fix or i can do it just after flashed the rom?

TY :D

Just flash the rom and right after flash the fix...no reboot needed. :D

Guest HustlinDaily

Found a small bug (not really even a bug, just bringing to your attention, not even worth working on).

When I plug in a headset, no icon for headset appears in notification bar.

Music does play through headset. Just no icon appears.

Once again, not a big deal. Just noticed it.

Guest Liquidator
install your Acer liquid drivers and it should work.. that's what the Android HSUSB drivers are asking for basically

I tried with the Acer Liquid Drivers, but the PC still doesn't recognise the phone. Also, this CDC Ethernet Control Model is new to me, dont think I saw that before when I was on other ROMs.

I used to thether with the liquid by using it as a modem, but this option unfortunately doesn't seem to work anymore.

Also, for some reason when I turn on WiFi, the phone keeps turning WiFi on and off on it's own, very shortly after one another, and then reboots.

Edited by Liquidator

Guest boostnek9
I tried with the Acer Liquid Drivers, but the PC still doesn't recognise the phone. Also, this CDC Ethernet Control Model is new to me, dont think I saw that before when I was on other ROMs.

I used to thether with the liquid by using it as a modem, but this option unfortunately doesn't seem to work anymore.

Also, for some reason when I turn on WiFi, the phone keeps turning WiFi on and off on it's own, very shortly after another.

I had this issue as well...If you installed the liquid drivers, uninstall them, reboot the pc and plug in your phone and re install the drivers..

Guest Liquidator
I had this issue as well...If you installed the liquid drivers, uninstall them, reboot the pc and plug in your phone and re install the drivers..

Ok, I think that worked, thank you. But now, how do I connect? The modem function doesn't work, at least not with the settings I used before.

Guest alan090

This is great - xian/koud how close do you think we are to a working vendor tree now that almost everything is working?

Would you be interested in setting up and maintaining the liquid CM branch?

Have you tried to discuss this with CM team at all? They are wanting to put cm on every phone possible - so if you work with them I am sure they would be willing to help?

just some suggestions,

I really appreciate all phhuson xian and koud your hard work is amazing!~

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Previews in gallery do not work for me at all. The folders and the images themselves are properly listed, but the thumbnails do not appear and I cannot open any image for viewing.

A couple of other gripes:

• The ROM seems to run low on memory a lot times (around 30MB)... now I know what guys say about RAM (unused RAM is wasted RAM), but Adobe Flash Player uses up a LOT of RAM... and if that RAM isn't available, guess what app gets killed: that's right, Flash Player. :D
  • In the Wallpaper Gallery (not Live Wallpapers, but the one with static ones), the HTC Desire wallpaper works fine, but the Carbon Mesh wallpaper appears to be missing. Small problem, sure, but a problem nonetheless.
  • I don't know if this happens when there is a SIM card in the device (always take out mine before I flash a new ROM, as the "Use Data Network" is checked by default on all ROMs, and I don't have a data plan), but when I pull down the notification bar, the text "Emergency Calls Only" (or the network provider, when a SIM card is present) is white on a white background.
  • When I plug in a headset, the headset icon doesn't appear in the notification bar.
  • Since a lot of the stuff in the ROM is cyan colored (like the Clock and some other stuff I can't recall), it would be more aesthetically pleasing if the notification bar colors and the default OS colors were also cyan-colored (for example, the battery meter). Yeah, there's probably going to be a theme for that, but just thought I should bring it up. Maybe a custom themed HTC_IME would be good too, even though it does take up ~5MB of storage.

A couple questions:

• Whenever I move an app to SD, its size significantly shrinks. Is this supposed to happen?
    • Why was a Documents To Go key app thing included with the ROM?
    • A couple of apps seem to automatically launch (like the News & Weather widget, even though I don't have it on any homescreen), which may be the cause of RAM problems. Is there any way to stop these auto-launches besides removing the app?
Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest vikings123
Hey guy my usb mass storage doesn't work.

Does it normal?

Thanks

It works fine on my Liquid.

But EasyLink is not working. (WiFi is working nicely, though.)

Edited by vikings123

Guest boostnek9
Previews in gallery do not work for me at all. The folders and the images themselves are properly listed, but the thumbnails do not appear and I cannot open any image for viewing.

A couple of other gripes:

• The ROM seems to run low on memory a lot times (around 30MB)... now I know what guys say about RAM (unused RAM is wasted RAM), but Adobe Flash Player uses up a LOT of RAM... and if that RAM isn't available, guess what app gets killed: that's right, Flash Player. :D
  • In the Wallpaper Gallery (not Live Wallpapers, but the one with static ones), the HTC Desire wallpaper works fine, but the Carbon Mesh wallpaper appears to be missing. Small problem, sure, but a problem nonetheless.
  • I don't know if this happens when there is a SIM card in the device (always take out mine before I flash a new ROM, as the "Use Data Network" is checked by default on all ROMs, and I don't have a data plan), but when I pull down the notification bar, the text "Emergency Calls Only" (or the network provider, when a SIM card is present) is white on a white background.
  • When I plug in a headset, the headset icon doesn't appear in the notification bar.
  • Since a lot of the stuff in the ROM is cyan colored (like the Clock and some other stuff I can't recall), it would be more aesthetically pleasing if the notification bar colors and the default OS colors were also cyan-colored (for example, the battery meter). Yeah, there's probably going to be a theme for that, but just thought I should bring it up. Maybe a custom themed HTC_IME would be good too, even though it does take up ~5MB of storage.

A couple questions:

• Whenever I move an app to SD, its size significantly shrinks. Is this supposed to happen?
    • Why was a Documents To Go key app thing included with the ROM?
    • A couple of apps seem to automatically launch (like the News & Weather widget, even though I don't have it on any homescreen), which may be the cause of RAM problems. Is there any way to stop these auto-launches besides removing the app?

You can change all the aesthetically unpleasant stuff with spare parts..if it's not included in the rom you can get it from the market...

Guest botolo

Testing v1 + bugfix..

- Endless loop: No

- USB Mass Storage: OK

- GPS prolems & app fc: NO

- Geo Positioning: OK

- Wifi: OK

- 2G/3G: OK

Bugs/Weird things:

- From power control every time I enable/disable WIFI or APN this message shows up: Network mode state unknown. Please change it manually.

Questions:

- is there any reason you remove the "toggle 2g" app?

- do you think setcpu is not useful to preserve battery?

- Froyo portable WIFI hotspot isn't working, right?

Offtopic:

- I tried SwiftKey Keyboard and I like it very much :D

Edited by botolo

Guest vikings123
Testing v1 + bugfix..

- Endless loop: No

- USB Mass Storage: OK

- GPS prolems & app fc: NO

- Geo Positioning: OK

- Wifi: OK

- 2G/3G: OK

Can you use Acer EasyLink to connect PC to internet?

- do you think setcpu is not useful to preserve battery?

- Froyo portable WIFI hotspot isn't working, right?

1. No, android will manage that for you.

2. No, I don't know but I think that liquid thether works.

Guest botolo
Can you use Acer EasyLink to connect PC to internet?

Actually I prefer using wifi tethering.

I'm just trying "Wireless Tether" from market.

This is weird: when I start the app, the laptop connects to the phone using wireless connection, but when I stop the app the phone reboots.

I'll try with gengaro's app.

Edited by botolo

Guest Chadski

gengaro's Liquid tether app don't work with this.. I have not tried wireless tether yet..

My phone gets hot with no apps running.. when i go to Battery use function, I can see mediaserver to consume 42% of battery... what does this one do? what app is responsible for this?

Guest mgroover

Everything except BT phone and USBMS seems to be working for me.

Camera display even works in Vignette but FCs on saving/previewing :D Big improvement from last release :D

Guest botolo
gengaro's Liquid tether app don't work with this..

Here too. I'm stuck on this

LiquidE: Froyo detected.

LiquidE: verifying that bmc4329 isn't loaded

LiquidE: Loading bmc4329 driver...

LiquidE: verifying that wpa_supplicant isn't started

LiquidE: wpa_supplicant wasn't stated

LiquidE: loading dhd

Edit: after trying to use tether WIFI doesn't work anymore. Reboot is needed to make it work again.

Edited by botolo

Guest Chadski
1. No, android will manage that for you.

2. No, I don't know but I think that liquid thether works.

have you tried liquid tether for this ROM already??

Guest mgroover

And now getting random reboots.. Anywhere I can pull logfiles from to investigate it further? (I am familiar with Linux so just let me know where to look)